Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 08-May-20, 16:35
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Question: are male BJJ fighters more technical than female fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am not discussing the issue of strength vs technique here. Women are also less quick and powerful than men and would require more technique in soccer.
but they donīt have it.

So what metrics show that women have less technique than men in soccer and tennis
Old 08-May-20, 16:49
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

I have over 10 ten years grappling experience, it is possible what the female fighter was talking about a particular part of the game that she admired the guy for and that she was not as developed in that area, (guard, half guard, passing etc). I have trained with top male and female practitioners and see not difference in technical prowess.
Here is a small example, The great Marcelo Garcia rolling with his female black belt Dominyka Obelenyte, a friendly roll but you see her amazing techniques and use of the legs. They are similar in weight (175).Recently, she sparred with another great, Roger Gracie, which is over 200 pounds, and she said:'' I got absolutely decimated'' so I guess it goes by individual cases, hard to make a general assumption like almost everything in life.
Marcelo vs Dominyka:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Dominyka vs Roger
The Following User Says Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 16:54
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have over 10 ten years grappling experience, it is possible what the female fighter was talking about a particular part of the game that she admired the guy for and that she was not as developed in that area, (guard, half guard, passing etc). I have trained with top male and female practitioners and see not difference in technical prowess.
Here is a small example, The great Marcelo Garcia rolling with his female black belt Dominyka Obelenyte, a friendly roll but you see her amazing techniques and use of the legs. They are similar in weight (175).Recently, she sparred with another great, Roger Gracie, which is over 200 pounds, and she said:'' I got absolutely decimated'' so I guess it goes by individual cases, hard to make a general assumption like almost everything in life.
Marcelo vs Dominyka:
Dominyka vs Roger

Anji, correct me if I'm wrong ...

But it sounds like you've seen no objective measuring stick for comparing one grappler's BJJ technique with another's.

Is that right?
Old 08-May-20, 17:16
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But it sounds like you've seen no objective measuring stick for comparing one grappler's BJJ technique with another's.
BJJ is such wild game comprised of so many styles (top, bottom, passers etc), that to me talking about technical abilities it is not easy to compare. And it feels so different to roll with Bia Mesquita than roll with Felipe Pena ( I have sparred with them), also sparred with Mackenzie Dern and their game is so fluid it feels like fighting an octopus, with most top guys, I do feel they have that strength advantage (I can't even move Ryron Gracie ! ). But, as far as technical ability, their level is beyond description. ( I will say, few exceptions, for example Gabi Garcia seems to rely more on her size and strength to apply technique).
The Following User Says Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 17:21
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
BJJ is such wild game comprised of so many styles (top, bottom, passers etc), that to me talking about technical abilities it is not easy to compare. And it feels so different to roll with Bia Mesquita than roll with Felipe Pena ( I have sparred with them), also sparred with Mackenzie Dern and their game is so fluid it feels like fighting an octopus, with most top guys, I do feel they have that strength advantage (I can't even move Ryron Gracie ! ). But, as far as technical ability, their level is beyond description. ( I will say, few exceptions, for example Gabi Garcia seems to rely more on her size and strength to apply technique).

I had figured that was the case.

But I don't study BJJ, so I wanted to check.

Thanks, and stay safe!
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 18:04
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So what metrics show that women have less technique than men in soccer and tennis
My metrics is that professional world class female teams get consistently humiliated by random local high school boys...

This is obvious to any objective observer.
Old 08-May-20, 19:19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My metrics is that professional world class female teams get consistently humiliated by random local high school boys...

This is obvious to any objective observer.

And why is that the fault of their technique rather than biology
Old 08-May-20, 19:33
Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,048 Times in 141 Posts

I don't how many of you are, or were used to be, grappling pratictioner. I've been for a couple of years in 3 different gyms. What EVERY instructor has Always told me is: women are very technical, because they tend to fill what they miss in strenght. According to my experience, either the woman learns the odds of the art very well or she gets just smashed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 20:04
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
I donīt want to say that some women canīt have more skills than some men. I am just wondering weather there is in BJJ the same technical discrepency between male and female as there is in soccer or in tennis, where people knowing these sports recognize as very large.
You enjoy trolling the forum every once in a while with your quasi-intellectual "men are athletically superior to women" jive, so good to see you're still alive and kicking. Knowing a little about soccer and quite a bit about tennis, I'm not seeing these technical differences you reference. Maybe I'm just missing it. What should I be looking for?

Two of the greatest skills in the sporting world are swinging a bat and swinging a golf club. There are products available to the consumer that can allow for point-by-point analysis of any swing. And the girls can swing it just as well as the boys...or vice-versa.

Once again, your argument fails. And when you present it in 6 months from now, it will fail again.
Old 08-May-20, 23:39
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Pandemic rules: "Starve the trolls. They've earned nothing. They get nothing."