Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Oct-17, 11:35
Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: blood choke knockouts and safety

Releasing the hold quickly doesn't make it safe. It's not safe to get ko'd AT ALL
Old 16-Oct-17, 04:13
Points: 7,779, Level: 37 Points: 7,779, Level: 37 Points: 7,779, Level: 37
Last Achievements

I would ask for a name but yeah probably not going to see hopefully any time soon, whoever she was

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorVIN [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
a year ago, i sessioned with a woman who got carried away too much when it came to knockouts. she did the thing you said you hate, neck scissors, along with various other choke holds like sleepers, reverse, etc. In the span of say, 8-10 minutes, she kept continuing to knock me out. when i woke up, she was still attacking me, and ko'd me shortly after. it's one thing if they do it once and then call it a day/night, but she kept doing it on and on and i didn't feel good. almost threw up, too.

at one point however, as she went for the final ko of the session. as my lights started to go away, i started feeling a tightness on my chest. as if i were gonna have a heart attack. immediately i had reached my limit , and after she did that ko on me, i woke up and used my safeword and took a big brake from holds. it was one of the few times where i felt like if this didn't stop, then my life would be in immediate danger. the tightness lasted for 3 days and went away , but it was still scary.
Old 16-Oct-17, 14:26
Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9 Points: 643, Level: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakfool [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would ask for a name but yeah probably not going to see hopefully any time soon, whoever she was
just send me a pm. i'll answer who it was, along with any other questions you might have
The Following User Says Thank You to DominatorVIN For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-17, 20:04
Points: 3,913, Level: 26 Points: 3,913, Level: 26 Points: 3,913, Level: 26
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgoodguy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would agree abut not getting knocked out too much

Ask Joe Frazier the ex boxer about the cumulative effects
but I think was getting his brain knocked lose by 220lb men professionally trained to separate your brain from your brain sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooserious [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
a lot of misinformation here and everywhere else. A KO from a blood choke in and of itself IS NOT DANGEROUS. Let me repeat, it IS NOT DANGEROUS. And there are NO LONG TERM EFFECTS. It is not the same thing as a KO from a blow to the head.

Here is what is actually happening with a blood choke. When the carotid artery is constricted the sensor in the carotid artery senses a reduction in blood flow. It is a safety mechanism that protects the parts of the brain that regulate life support systems from shutting down. The brain shuts down activity in the frontal lobe so that the life support systems int he brain can operate at full capacity. So when you go out it is not because your brain is being starved for oxygen it is because a safety mechanism has been triggered and the activity in the frontal lobe is being turned off.

Now all the convulsing and snorting etc. This is not a seizure or anything to worry about. Once the choke is released the same trigger in the carotid artery recognizes the return of the blood flow. This trips another safety mechanism. the rebooting of the frontal lobe so to speak. It triggers a surge of adrenalin which gets the heart pumping and speeds up the reboot. That is the euphoric rush you feel when coming out of a sleeper hold. The twitching and the disorientation is just the frontal lobe rebooting. It's random synapses firing off as a result of the frontal lobe getting kick started again.

There is no brain damage. A person would have to hold a choke for in excess of five minutes for real brain damage to occur.

The tangential risk of choke holds is damage to the wind pipe. So choke holds need to be done properly to really be considered safe. Damage to the windpipe is serious. If you feel painful pressure on your windpipe always tap. Otherwise don't worry and have fun.
just remember that all those trips and triggers might not work as well past a certain age. as a friend of mine once warned me, "the warranty wears out at 40." It only takes one time for it not to work as it should and... nightmare. The fact that one is passing out and then going into convulsions, etc., might be a clue.
Old 16-Oct-17, 22:22
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teller [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
but I think was getting his brain knocked lose by 220lb men professionally trained to separate your brain from your brain sack.

just remember that all those trips and triggers might not work as well past a certain age. as a friend of mine once warned me, "the warranty wears out at 40." It only takes one time for it not to work as it should and... nightmare. The fact that one is passing out and then going into convulsions, etc., might be a clue.
Ya think lolololol
Old 23-Aug-20, 01:37
jayko

So I’ve never been KOd. Personally my opinion is once or twice a year getting knocked out by a girl who knows what they are doing will be okay as long as they let go as soon as your out. Most likely you will be okay (at least brain wise) with a reverse or front headscissor that won’t be crushing your windpipe. What do you guys think is the safest out of the few to get KOd with? Meaning if you had to choose the best way to receive a knockout for safety. I’m young so I cancel my scissor KO’s when I get past 40.

Once or twice a year accidental or intention in a reverse or front headscissor. What do you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Aug-20, 14:21
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayko [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So I’ve never been KOd. Personally my opinion is once or twice a year getting knocked out by a girl who knows what they are doing will be okay as long as they let go as soon as your out. Most likely you will be okay (at least brain wise) with a reverse or front headscissor that won’t be crushing your windpipe. What do you guys think is the safest out of the few to get KOd with? Meaning if you had to choose the best way to receive a knockout for safety. I’m young so I cancel my scissor KO’s when I get past 40.

Once or twice a year accidental or intention in a reverse or front headscissor. What do you think?

The safest way is by a woman trained in BJJ.Triangle choke,RNC,Collar chokes etc.A few times a year is typical for someone who trains, and us considered safe.My wife is a 2 stripe purple belt and has been koed many times.She has koed my several times with no repercussions..I think headscissor are safe depending on who's doing it..The problem with them is they take alot more brute force than proper chokes.Look into the teepee choke if you like headscissor ko.My wife accidentally koed me with that,its really effective!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Aug-20, 02:12
Points: 4,801, Level: 29 Points: 4,801, Level: 29 Points: 4,801, Level: 29
Last Achievements

I experienced three KOs via hand choke in a session today, with a local dominatrix. Breath play and chokes are among her specialties. She's is very good. Put me out quick and painlessly. She is a switch and said she likes receiving as much as giving.

This was my first session with her. I will be seeing her again.....