Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 16-Oct-20, 23:32
Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

IMO COVID price increases would be a separate topic, I'm not sure how many data points there would be. There was some discussion about it in the twitter thread. Two girls did say they were raising prices. One didn't have a single session since this started, and the other was cancelling parts of her tour because the guys suck (not my words), I mean she wasn't getting bookings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 07:20
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subboy2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And she's worth it. Inferno provides brilliant sessions.

Don't like it, then don't pay it and don't have a session. Simple as that.
If you dont like the price, wouldnt the more obvious thing tp do be to session with one ladies offering a lower price at the same studio??
Not just 'Dont have a session at all' as you put it.
Why would we ignore all the other wrestlers?
The Following User Says Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 08:21
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you dont like the price, wouldnt the more obvious thing tp do be to session with one ladies offering a lower price at the same studio??
He didn't say "don't have a session at all". He said "don't have a session", meaning "don't have a session with the wrestler whose price you don't like".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 08:32
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
as the topic of this thread is: "Session rates are getting out of hand", it would have been better if you also would have meantioned how many of the ladies increased their fee since the Covid-19-crisis started.
The most blatant was Inferno increasing her fee 43% from Ģ175 to Ģ250.
So what do you want to happen now

If somebody asks more than you are willing to pay, why not session with somebody else ?
In case she does not get enough business anymore, may be she will lower prices again. If not, itīs still your choice if you want to pay it or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juvi For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 09:27
Last Achievements

I continue to be intrigued by this thread, and do indeed see some recent and sometimes notable creeping of rates out there in the UK.
I'm completely fine with the 'provider can ask what they like, and people either pay or they dont"
The covid supply/demand equation is funny.. Yes, less girls offering in person sessions, but i would have also thought many clients (particular older) would have stopped completely to, as really it is they who are at risk 1000x more than a 20-35yo female.. so in many economic modrls this would maintain balance in pricing.
What we see though is a thinner market of both supply and demand, and prices actually picking up a bit to make up for less volume of activity.
I'm already doing less sessions than a few years ago, and not really too bothered.
In terms of behavior i will definitely stick more to girls i already know, trust and like, and be less likely to try someone new or different. TBH most of my current pool of favourites also happen to be ones who havent changed prices.
If the hurdle to experiment or take a punt on someone new is higher, i'm much less likely to go out on a limb and do so.

I wont be spending any more per year on sessions, so even if prices do go up more, i will just do less sessions.. Most likely i would spend a bit less in total per year as each time i commit to arranging a session my financial brain will go 'is this really worth it, or should i direct this money to something else? If the unit price per session is higher, then 'something else' will win more & more often as each time i make that assessment.

Added after 48 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He didn't say "don't have a session at all". He said "don't have a session", meaning "don't have a session with the wrestler whose price you don't like".
Ah, yes, i see, that makes a bit of sense then.
My immediate thought was just, 'Why wouldnt you just book someone else whose price you were happy with, rather than not have a session'

Last edited by blockernz; 17-Oct-20 at 09:27.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 10:05
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I said don't have a session... As in don't have THAT session, not don't session ever again.

Don't like the price, look elsewhere, as you say.

Inferno does brilliant sessions, mind ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
in school the teachers would say: "you missed the point again, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] "
Nope they'd agree with me. Supply and demand, Fritz, learn what that means. I think you need to go back to school, boy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 11:33
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
I continue to be intrigued by this thread, and do indeed see some recent and sometimes notable creeping of rates out there in the UK.
I'm completely fine with the 'provider can ask what they like, and people either pay or they dont"
The covid supply/demand equation is funny.. Yes, less girls offering in person sessions, but i would have also thought many clients (particular older) would have stopped completely to, as really it is they who are at risk 1000x more than a 20-35yo female.. so in many economic modrls this would maintain balance in pricing.
What we see though is a thinner market of both supply and demand, and prices actually picking up a bit to make up for less volume of activity.
I'm already doing less sessions than a few years ago, and not really too bothered.
In terms of behavior i will definitely stick more to girls i already know, trust and like, and be less likely to try someone new or different. TBH most of my current pool of favourites also happen to be ones who havent changed prices.
If the hurdle to experiment or take a punt on someone new is higher, i'm much less likely to go out on a limb and do so.

I wont be spending any more per year on sessions, so even if prices do go up more, i will just do less sessions.. Most likely i would spend a bit less in total per year as each time i commit to arranging a session my financial brain will go 'is this really worth it, or should i direct this money to something else? If the unit price per session is higher, then 'something else' will win more & more often as each time i make that assessment.
thats the best posting in this thread and its the posting #245 already in this thread. What a pitty that all the white knights like @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] & co who would like to see the session-fees going up high, are too stupid to understand this.
Old 17-Oct-20, 12:15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subboy2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I said don't have a session... As in don't have THAT session, not don't session ever again.

Don't like the price, look elsewhere, as you say.

Inferno does brilliant sessions, mind ��
And indeed Inferno is actually a good example of looking at it from the session provider perspective.
Lives quite a way out of London.. probably 2 hour each way trip to studio.
So shes got 4hrs travel, 1 hr session + say 30mins turnaround time in/out at studio = 5.5hrs, plus cost of train tickets and tube.
So really its a half day effort & travel costs for a one hour session and shes pricing to reflect this.
She might lose a few potential clients at higher rate, but shes probably happy to do so. Potentially she can just do 2x hours of online/skype work at a lower rate and make more without leaving home.
The other highest rate girl on the Sub room site also lives far out of London & even specifies 'this is the rate unless more than one session in a day'

I'm actually having ta similar now i am working from home than in the city.. When in central london already, it was a quick 30min hop to session after work, but now its quite a bit longer round trip starting from home.
So part of the reason i'm doing less sessions these days is its more hassle to go to do them
The Following User Says Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 12:25
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
And indeed Inferno is actually a good example of looking at it from the session provider perspective.
Lives quite a way out of London.. probably 2 hour each way trip to studio.
So shes got 4hrs travel, 1 hr session + say 30mins turnaround time in/out at studio = 5.5hrs, plus cost of train tickets and tube.
So really its a half day effort & travel costs for a one hour session and shes pricing to reflect this.
She might lose a few potential clients at higher rate, but shes probably happy to do so. Potentially she can just do 2x hours of online/skype work at a lower rate and make more without leaving home.
The other highest rate girl on the Sub room site also lives far out of London & even specifies 'this is the rate unless more than one session in a day'

I'm actually having ta similar now i am working from home than in the city.. When in central london already, it was a quick 30min hop to session after work, but now its quite a bit longer round trip starting from home.
So part of the reason i'm doing less sessions these days is its more hassle to go to do them

Very good post and I agree.

I live miles from London and Manchester so have to travel a good 2/3 hours on the train when I session - it's why I tend to book multiple sessions when I do go!

Quote:
thats the best posting in this thread and its the posting #245 already in this thread. What a pitty that all the white knights like @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] & co who would like to see the session-fees going up high, are too stupid to understand this.
Quit embarrassing yourself.

NOBODY said they wanted fees going up. The ones with brains said they understood why.

It's simple supply and demand. Quit crying about it. If you can't afford it, or you don't want to pay it, then nobody is making you pay for it.

Get over yourself, because no wrestler is going to change the rates just because you and the minority are crying about it.

Now shut up.

Last edited by Subboy2; 17-Oct-20 at 12:32.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 13:17
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Sorry but you are just such a crybaby.

Nobody wants the fees to go up, but we have to live in reality.

Feel free to suggest any solutions (if you have) instead of just complaining and crying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juvi For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread