Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 03-Sep-20, 16:57
Points: 7,692, Level: 37 Points: 7,692, Level: 37 Points: 7,692, Level: 37
Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8%
Last Achievements

Default What kind of female on male bullying would you expect to see?

Like, in a world where powerlifting, strong(wo)man, boxing, wrestling, BJJ, football, rugby, etc were all very popular sports for girls and women, and mos girls participated in such sports.

In such a society, what kind of female on male bullying, or intergender bullying in general would you expect to see?
Old 17-Sep-20, 18:51
Points: 9,332, Level: 41 Points: 9,332, Level: 41 Points: 9,332, Level: 41
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,741 Times in 457 Posts
Default Re: What kind of female on male bullying would you expect to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiablack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In such a society, what kind of female on male bullying, or intergender bullying in general would you expect to see?
I would expect to see more wives taking control of their marriages. If her husband objects, they would fight privately to see who is the boss. Some wives will win these battles. Later a wife would invite her girlfriends to their home to see how she easily emasculates her husband using her fists and her feet. He objects but what he wants no longer matters. He becomes the unwilling star in a theater of pain and humiliation. His wife's strap-on is used by her to complete his degradation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Sep-20, 20:47
Banned
Points: 7,336, Level: 36 Points: 7,336, Level: 36 Points: 7,336, Level: 36
Activity: 16.9% Activity: 16.9% Activity: 16.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiablack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Like, in a world where powerlifting, strong(wo)man, boxing, wrestling, BJJ, football, rugby, etc were all very popular sports for girls and women, and mos girls participated in such sports.

would expect nothing special.
Most of these women would still be significantly weaker than average men.
Old 21-Sep-20, 06:07
Points: 7,392, Level: 36 Points: 7,392, Level: 36 Points: 7,392, Level: 36
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,136 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
would expect nothing special.
Most of these women would still be significantly weaker than average men.
Well to be fair even male bullies don't target the "average man", but the weakest and most defensless guys.
Girls usually refrain from bullying guys (at least in a straight-forward manner) since even the weakest guys are still stronger than them, but that would not be the case anymore in the hypotethical scenario described by the OP.
Old 21-Sep-20, 07:01
Points: 4,177, Level: 27 Points: 4,177, Level: 27 Points: 4,177, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I don't like bullying.

In a world where every girl learned martial arts in schools, I'd expect periodic inter-gender training. Girls gain experience in actually defeating guys and boys learn to submit to girls.
Old 09-Nov-20, 00:29
Points: 1,564, Level: 16 Points: 1,564, Level: 16 Points: 1,564, Level: 16
Activity: 98.0% Activity: 98.0% Activity: 98.0%

Bullying has to do with abuse of power dynamics.
Being stronger can be a way of the bully to enforce power but often it has to do with social skills or power because of hierarchy.

If the bully is in a position of power because of social status he/she can can bully you without having to be physically stronger.
It never gets to physical stuff because the bully uses power.

For example during an internship I got bullied by a female manager with a chip on her shoulder who took out her insecurities by going after me.
I doubt she could handle me in a physical confrontation or had any desire to do so but she did not needed to as her position of authority gave her all the power she needed to abuse me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-21, 17:37
Points: 4,093, Level: 26 Points: 4,093, Level: 26 Points: 4,093, Level: 26
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Bullying has to do with abuse of power dynamics.
Being stronger can be a way of the bully to enforce power but often it has to do with social skills or power because of hierarchy.

If the bully is in a position of power because of social status he/she can can bully you without having to be physically stronger.
It never gets to physical stuff because the bully uses power.

For example during an internship I got bullied by a female manager with a chip on her shoulder who took out her insecurities by going after me.
I doubt she could handle me in a physical confrontation or had any desire to do so but she did not needed to as her position of authority gave her all the power she needed to abuse me.
Yeah. I think it's about power. I had a boss when I was 20 and working at a drug store. She was a 40 year old pharmacist. I'd have kicked her ass if we'd have ever fought but I wouldn't have ever attacked her.

Her demeanor was confident and her stature (I was a few inches taller) was straight. Her body language was powerful (though I didn't understand that at the time). I was intimidated by her and she knew it.

She would say things like, "Go away." when she was done talking with me or frustrated. It culminated when she was bitching me out in the back of the store, getting in my face and pointing her finger at me. I couldn't look her in the eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to tc1 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-21, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah. I think it's about power. I had a boss when I was 20 and working at a drug store. She was a 40 year old pharmacist. I'd have kicked her ass if we'd have ever fought but I wouldn't have ever attacked her.

Her demeanor was confident and her stature (I was a few inches taller) was straight. Her body language was powerful (though I didn't understand that at the time). I was intimidated by her and she knew it.

She would say things like, "Go away." when she was done talking with me or frustrated. It culminated when she was bitching me out in the back of the store, getting in my face and pointing her finger at me. I couldn't look her in the eye.
That is also what all those martial arts movies and martial arts advertisements have wrong.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

They think that if you can beat people up or something you can avoid getting victimized.
Which is not true as most use social dynamics and power to get control.

If you beat them up they will play the victim and turn you into an outcast in that social group or get you arrested. And often it only gets physical once they have tested the waters and know you won't fight back.

Which means that most solutions seem to be present in being verbally skilled and assertive. But also responsibility of the environment and supervisors (colleague's, teachers, cops, fellow students etc) to correct people who start to bully others.

If there is a healthy environment with people being accountable and no power abuse most bullying can be avoided or stopped before it escalates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-21, 21:37
Points: 7,392, Level: 36 Points: 7,392, Level: 36 Points: 7,392, Level: 36
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,136 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That is also what all those martial arts movies and martial arts advertisements have wrong.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

They think that if you can beat people up or something you can avoid getting victimized.
Which is not true as most use social dynamics and power to get control.

If you beat them up they will play the victim and turn you into an outcast in that social group or get you arrested. And often it only gets physical once they have tested the waters and know you won't fight back.

Which means that most solutions seem to be present in being verbally skilled and assertive.
It depend a lot on the kind of social environment where the bullying is taking place, but among teenagers you often need to be both verbally skilled/assertive and able to fight back effectively, only one is not enough.

If you are a scrawny, harmless-looking 110 lbs guy and you answer back in an assertive way to a stronger guy who is verbally bullying you, once he is losing the "verbal battle" he is probably going to make things physical (since he believe you can't oppose any resistance) and humilate/intimidate you by pushing you around, putting you in an hold you can't escape or stuff like that.

However if you know how to fight and especially how to grapple, at that point you can react in an effective yet not excessively brutal (eg. escaping the hold and throwing them to the ground, without necessarily beating them up), which is usually enough to make them realize you are not an easy target and stop bothering you, and it also don't give them an easy opportunity to play the victim and to paint you as the "bad guy".
Sometimes you are even going to outright win their respect.

Moreover it's a lot easier to find the courage to stand up for yourself verbally if you are aware that you can hold your own if things get physical.
Old 20-Feb-21, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It depend a lot on the kind of social environment where the bullying is taking place, but among teenagers you often need to be both verbally skilled/assertive and able to fight back effectively, only one is not enough.

If you are a scrawny, harmless-looking 110 lbs guy and you answer back in an assertive way to a stronger guy who is verbally bullying you, once he is losing the "verbal battle" he is probably going to make things physical (since he believe you can't oppose any resistance) and humilate/intimidate you by pushing you around, putting you in an hold you can't escape or stuff like that.

However if you know how to fight and especially how to grapple, at that point you can react in an effective yet not excessively brutal (eg. escaping the hold and throwing them to the ground, without necessarily beating them up), which is usually enough to make them realize you are not an easy target and stop bothering you, and it also don't give them an easy opportunity to play the victim and to paint you as the "bad guy".
Sometimes you are even going to outright win their respect.

Moreover it's a lot easier to find the courage to stand up for yourself verbally if you are aware that you can hold your own if things get physical.

Agree with that to an extent.

Knowing you have some physical skills in your back pocket is a comforting thought.
And it helps that I know I am not completely helpless.

That said even ammong teenagers they can backfire majorly.

If there is an unspoken agreement the bully will not use friends it might help. However if his friends join in it just gets worse and they might hand out a beating to the kid who had defended himself.

A bigger bully who has skills of his own or friends, or is just sociopathic enough to use weapons can injure or even kill a fellow kid.

The idea that the kid has to fend for themself seems strange as some kids are just physically not capable to keep up against bigger and stronger kids.

Seems that the responsibility is to the school, parents and sometimes cops to create a safe environment in which kids respect each other and bullying or violence gets avoided.