Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 07-Jul-19, 13:00
Banned
Points: 816, Level: 11 Points: 816, Level: 11 Points: 816, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Claressa Shields says she could beat top male boxers

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Claressa Shields says she could beat top male boxers

Shields name-drops Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, and Gennady Golovkin as male fighters she could hang with.

If it was at all possible, it appears that Claressa Shield’s undisputed title unification has taken her confidence through the stratosphere. In a conversation with TMZ, Shields calls for a fight against Cecilia Braekhus before going on a short rant about how she can put the beats on some of her top male counterparts.

“I spar with men,” Shields said. “And, I mean, I drop men. I bust men nose, I beat men up all the time.

“If I was to say which is the guy, I think I could beat — I think I could beat up Keith Thurman. I really do. I think I could beat up Keith Thurman, even though they’re like ‘oh, he beat Shawn Porter.’ I think I can beat Shawn Porter too, you know, skill-wise and just strength-wise. I think they may be stronger than me but their boxing ability isn’t like mine.”

Then Shields took it up a couple of weight classes...

“GGG, he’s older now, but I could give GGG a run for his money.”

The middleweight champion would continue by giving her reasoning behind her bold proclamations.

“You know what? Power for power isn’t a question because what is boxing? Boxing’s the sweet science. It’s not about strength. It’s not about strength because people were saying Christina Hammer was stronger than me...but did you not see the head movement that I had during the fight? See the defense, the offense, the traps I set?

“If I was to get in with a man I would do a lot more of that, and I do have some power. I do have some power. I’m not gonna say I’m stronger than them but if I set up the right shot, with the right timing...”
She is undisputed and undefeated female boxing champion at 160 pounds.

I saw her fight where she humiliated and outclassed another undefeated female boxer Christina Hammer who was bigger than her:
She then started taunting the male boxers that she could beat them up.

Do you think she would be able to do it??

I found this video of her sparring with a low level male pro

I think she could beat up Paulie Malignaggi at this point!

Do you think she could beat Conor McGregor in a boxing match?

I love when female athletes taunt men from their sport

Last edited by nico19; 07-Jul-19 at 13:09.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nico19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-19, 00:25
Points: 7,041, Level: 35 Points: 7,041, Level: 35 Points: 7,041, Level: 35
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Claressa Shields says she could beat top male boxers

I would certainly like to see a full on bout between her and one of the male boxers he mentioned, but it will never happen. It's good food for thought ,though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Nobody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-19, 01:05
Points: 7,398, Level: 36 Points: 7,398, Level: 36 Points: 7,398, Level: 36
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Wow, her head movement is incredible. I don't feel like she got touched in that highlights clip.
Old 08-Jul-19, 01:46
Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Keith Thurman is undefeated and is fighting manny pacquiao next for millions of dollars .
29 fights 22kos! in the stacked welterweight division .

people say anything for attention , it's easy to call out someone you will never fight .
Claressa Shields has a total of a whooping 9 fights with 2kos ! she became wbc and ibf super middleweight champion after 4 fights !she became undisputed female middle weight champ with only 9 fights ! The truth , women's boxing divisions is just very shallow .You can't compare it to the very deep pool of the men's divisions.
to put things in perspective for you , there's only 25 professional middle weight female boxers in the world ! 25 ! men's welterweight division (Keith Thurman's division) 1,750 boxers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlackTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-19, 10:39
Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,824 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTiger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Keith Thurman is undefeated and is fighting manny pacquiao next for millions of dollars .
29 fights 22kos! in the stacked welterweight division .

people say anything for attention , it's easy to call out someone you will never fight .
Claressa Shields has a total of a whooping 9 fights with 2kos ! she became wbc and ibf super middleweight champion after 4 fights !she became undisputed female middle weight champ with only 9 fights ! The truth , women's boxing divisions is just very shallow .You can't compare it to the very deep pool of the men's divisions.
to put things in perspective for you , there's only 25 professional middle weight female boxers in the world ! 25 ! men's welterweight division (Keith Thurman's division) 1,750 boxers.
I'm inclined to agree. But if she wants to make these statements and believes them and wants to fight men, I say let her. I wouldn't like to see her fight a big name straight away, but a journeyman, sure.

Ann Wolfe had a fight lined up against a male Boxer in the mid-00s, but it never happened due to the complications from hurricane Katrina.
Old 08-Jul-19, 11:52
Banned
Points: 816, Level: 11 Points: 816, Level: 11 Points: 816, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm inclined to agree. But if she wants to make these statements and believes them and wants to fight men, I say let her. I wouldn't like to see her fight a big name straight away, but a journeyman, sure.
She should fight Paulie Malignaggi or Artem Lobov (boxing rules).
Old 08-Jul-19, 12:29
Points: 3,541, Level: 24 Points: 3,541, Level: 24 Points: 3,541, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico19 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She should fight Paulie Malignaggi or Artem Lobov (boxing rules).
Shields would be no match for the Russian hammer AKA Artem the GOAT Lobov.

28 brave warriors have tried to dethrone Artem. Only 14 have succeeded
Old 14-Jul-19, 12:27
Points: 5,284, Level: 30 Points: 5,284, Level: 30 Points: 5,284, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

KillerCrushes hit the nail on the head. One of the most important skills a boxer has to have to be successful is self promotion. If this kind of talk gets her a bigger purse, .ore power to her. As for Claressa actually getting into the ring with professional Male boxer, I think that would be a humiliating and possibly lead to serious injury. So I hope in her heart of hearts she knows better.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-19, 19:36
Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26 Points: 3,848, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Ann Wolfe had a fight lined up against a male Boxer in the mid-00s, but it never happened due to the complications from hurricane Katrina.
yeah , i say let her fight men , if that's what she wants .
a couple more fights and there will be no one to fight in her division . I know she wants some respect as a boxer and the only way to get that is to box men.
but no one in the top 100 , start out just like everyone else at the bottom.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jul-19, 12:00
Points: 26,400, Level: 71 Points: 26,400, Level: 71 Points: 26,400, Level: 71
Activity: 73.8% Activity: 73.8% Activity: 73.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,835 Posts

Her defense is really good, always has been. I'd pay $30 to watch her take on someone maybe 15th ranked in her weight class or 10th below that. The problem of course is aside from $ there'd be no upside for the male fighter and I doubt a promoter would offer a big enough check in advance as an experiment. I'd say boxing is the 1 sport where contemplating this sort of thing isn't silly on its face due to the rules involved.