Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-May-20, 19:48
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Lightbulb Awards?

Hi Forum!

What do you think about annual female wrestling / fighting awards? I propose maybe the following categories:

- best session wrestler of the year
- best new session wrestler of the year
- best producer of the year
- best new producer of the year
- match of the year (one which generated the most talk)
- best mixed wrestling video of the year
- best female wrestling video of the year
- best domination video of the year
- recognition award (like a hall of fame inductee)

What do you think?

We can also do it retroactively for 2019.

Note: This will be separate from [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], which are are about the forum only.

The Committee

We can pick 7 established, respected, knowledgeable members of the forum, to be the awards committee, who will be trusted with reviewing all of the available information and choosing the winner for each category.

In regards to the session-wrestler awards, I believe it'd be wise to elect at least 2 members among us who session a lot and whose reviews are widely trusted. We also need to appoint at least 2 members who are avid video buyers and viewers from many different websites with varied tastes whose video reviews / recommendations are valued on the forum. And generally we should choose people whose intelligence everybody trusts and often relies on. All 7 members of the committee will vote on each award. Awards can be published the first week of February. Application period for sending in videos and all public and private discussions regarding the awards can start on December 1st.

The committee will have a special subforum, only available to them, to discuss entries, evaluate, influence each other, and eventually vote. All producers can send in for consideration up to 2 videos per category. On the first week of January the committee will make public all chosen nominees, 3 per category, and will maybe take further input from the community. We should also have a year-long public thread in the main discussion section for everyone to make a case for any particular nomination, different from this thread which we can use to elect the committee.

Electing the Committee

If you like the idea, name from 1 to 7 members of the forum you'd like to see in the committee, by putting a @ sign in front of their username, in order to link to their profiles. Users with the most mentions will be elected if they agree.

- you can only vote in this thread if you are a relatively active member of the forum with more than 15 posts

- producers and session wrestlers and anyone affiliated with possible future nominees should not be considered, so, please don't name them

- producers or session wrestlers cannot take part in the election of the committee
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 28-May-20, 20:09
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Re: Awards?

It will be tricky getting good geographic representation. For example someone could live in the UK and have access to many great wrestlers, yet at the same time be unfamiliar with very notable countries like CR and Hungary.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 28-May-20, 20:27
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

true, we need both US and EU camps represented
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 29-May-20, 02:20
Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,349 Times in 592 Posts

So do we give an actual award or just publishing the names
Old 29-May-20, 08:38
Points: 2,793, Level: 21 Points: 2,793, Level: 21 Points: 2,793, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Love the idea!
Old 29-May-20, 10:52
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

With the help of looking back through my history of liked posts a bit, I've come up with 7 ideas for my votes towards electing a committee, though I could have named some other guys too.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I think I'm right in saying they all do quite a few sessions, and several of them watch quite a lot of videos possibly too. They've also made a number of helpful and well written posts and reviews I think.

I definitely think @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] would also make positive contributions to any discussion though for sure if he was involved at all, and I know he did do some sessions still in 2019. @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] would be good too, especially for videos I guess, but he does some sessions too. Maybe also @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], who doesn't post a lot on here but already does something similar to the awards Zweig suggested I remember and he might do quite a lot of sessions with European girls (not that my list of 7 above really lacks that).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 12:09
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Thanks for the tag @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , however in the videos/producers categories my contribution is virtually non existent, I only bought a few videos in the past few years mainly because I’m filming my own sessions now, and it’s less than a drop in the ocean of the supply of videos and producers.

Also , although I had lots of sessions especially in 2018-2019, because the committee can have 2 members who are experienced sessionists, I do believe there are forum members who have a broader and more in depth experience in sessions than mine, as in how many sessions and girls they had met, and the length of the period they have been doing this. To name a few -@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] and more.

I do have nominations for the recognition award and of course the best session wrestler , so if the committee will be established and ask me - I’ll be happy to provide my opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 12:17
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestpet [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So do we give an actual award or just publishing the names
Good question. I think we start with just names and let's see if there's enough interest. And if there is, next year we can maybe take symbolic participation fees from producers, let's say $30 per video category they want to participate in, or whatever amount each producer wants to donate, and use it to order some custom-made awards, maybe from @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] if he would be up for it, he's the best 3d sculptor I know. A simple sculpture, maybe of a victory pose, with an engraved text on the base.

I will get a special page done on the forum for the awards.

Also, does anyone have suggestions about any other award categories?
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 29-May-20, 13:04
Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,279 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good question. I think we start with just names and let's see if there's enough interest. And if there is, next year we can maybe take symbolic participation fees from producers, let's say $30 per video category they want to participate in, or whatever amount each producer wants to donate, and use it to order some custom-made awards, maybe from @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] if he would be up for it, he's the best 3d sculptor I know. A simple sculpture, maybe of a victory pose, with an engraved text on the base.

I will get a special page done on the forum for the awards.

Sure! Love the idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 13:05
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,221 Times in 6,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wouldn't know what to call it, but is there scope for recognising the attitude and behaviour of session girls? I don't mean releasing as soon as you tap! More like how they treat their customers - timekeeping, communicating, and being friendly, welcoming and responsive to their clients needs as well as their own. In other words, the exact opposite of some of the ladies who frequent our own Twitter thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post: