Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Czech Amazon: Zoe vs Christian (bondage onslaught).
Get this video at: Czech Amazon - CA12

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Anastasia vs Christian.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-250.

Old 11-Feb-24, 10:56
Points: 56,967, Level: 100 Points: 56,967, Level: 100 Points: 56,967, Level: 100
Activity: 54.8% Activity: 54.8% Activity: 54.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,615 Times in 1,886 Posts
Default Re: Sheena and Power Slap

It was always a fallacy to think Sheena was unbeatable and there wasn't more women lining up to have a go who could possibly beat her.

This counts as a loss in my book. This is human conkers and Sheena broke. In what world do you "win" lying unconscious on your back? And now Sheena will need at least a year to let the ol' brain recover from that KO. Come back too soon and you end up with a chin like Amir Khan where a gentle breeze can put you down.

Khan would actually be a good "tune up" for Sheena's comeback or for her to bow out with a W. I doubt she'll want to leave the promotion like this. How humiliating would it be for a former world champion Boxer to be slapped unconscious by a hot woman.

Last edited by jiminy; 11-Feb-24 at 11:03.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 12:08
Points: 21,572, Level: 64 Points: 21,572, Level: 64 Points: 21,572, Level: 64
Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,907 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goncrazy01 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How in hell do you train for this?
Stand outside your local chicken shop at 2am and stare at people buying food.

Hotel Scuffle/Saturday Night Tournament
SNT fighters gallery > https://www.malevsfemale.org/album.php?albumid=1205

The Terror Twins
Old 11-Feb-24, 14:06
Points: 652, Level: 9 Points: 652, Level: 9 Points: 652, Level: 9
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was always a fallacy to think Sheena was unbeatable and there wasn't more women lining up to have a go who could possibly beat her.

This counts as a loss in my book. This is human conkers and Sheena broke. In what world do you "win" lying unconscious on your back?
Fully agree with these considerations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lohengrin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 16:59
Points: 5,147, Level: 30 Points: 5,147, Level: 30 Points: 5,147, Level: 30
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Sheena Bathory

A second match. Same result.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 17:26
Points: 4,629, Level: 28 Points: 4,629, Level: 28 Points: 4,629, Level: 28
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

I think the bigger question is how do you enforce the strike zone and have a sustainable pool of contenders.

So Jackie gets DQ'd for hitting Sheena in the neck and jaw (as well as stepping) but the damage is done. If you're a competitor and know you're going up against someone like Sheena, you probably view the downside as not that severe but the upside is that you get a win over the undefeated champ if the ref doesn't call the foul.

Fining people for violations would seem to be an improved solution, but most of the people in Powerslap aren't exactly rolling in $ and if a fine became the downside for cheating, I think many of them would simply decline to compete. There aren't so many people who want to do this in the first place, so that's a further problem

All of this might be another reason that perhaps this isn't a viable sport.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naycherboy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 18:06
Points: 1,809, Level: 17 Points: 1,809, Level: 17 Points: 1,809, Level: 17
Activity: 36.6% Activity: 36.6% Activity: 36.6%

Sheena was gloating a little too much about winning and still champ via the DQ. Not a good look in my opinion. A "sport" where if you hit slightly out of the target zone and you are disqualified and the "winner" may suffer horrible lifelong injuries......makes sense only to the promoters who have no injury concerns for themselves only profit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedLithium For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 18:26
Points: 10,968, Level: 45 Points: 10,968, Level: 45 Points: 10,968, Level: 45
Activity: 39.0% Activity: 39.0% Activity: 39.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,027 Posts

According to Sheena, the other girl said she practiced for 2 hours. The slap placement looks pretty similar to the original KO slap against KO, back before it was ever on TV or had any publicity. Second-hand smoke, but apparently a number of other matches had similar violations, even if some were uncalled. There are athletes in places like the NFL that practice a lot and are able to be precise, come down with great catches while managing to keep their feet barely in bounds. You're not going to get that kind of precision if you bring someone in who spends a couple hours practicing and you pay them a couple grand. It reflects on Dana and management when this is a recurring theme. KO said in one article, "Dana White is an incredibly smart businessman, hence why I thought it'd be safe enough to participate." Even a by-the-rules slap is going to cause injury and brain damage. You've got contestants openly saying they're using this as an opportunity as a springboard to UFC or getting noticed on social media or whatever, they didn't dream about slapping people. Attach Dana's name to this, add in a little Grant Cardone advertising/motivational speaking, people will convince themselves it's worth the risks. In one of the videos on YT where Dana is watching matches with some other folks, he's sitting around laughing. He doesn't care.

Quote:
All of this might be another reason that perhaps this isn't a viable sport.
lol

Quote:
Sheena was gloating a little too much
Looks to me more that she's upset she got on a plane to Vegas to waste her time, and retweeted a few supportive folks saying the other girl was a deliberate cheater, only going that direction a little bit herself. Perhaps still not a good look, depends if anyone into PS follows her or if her page is just for her session and OF clients.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 18:28
Points: 97,055, Level: 100 Points: 97,055, Level: 100 Points: 97,055, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,020 Times in 4,051 Posts

Sheena reposted this tweet. Hopefully she's thinking about life beyond being "queen of powerslap"

I'm wondering how (if ever) Dana expects to monetize this freakshow. I don't think I'd even know it existed if Sheena wasn't involved. Maybe Dana can't get enough of being in the public eye, he's got $$$ to burn after all.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 18:51
Points: 10,968, Level: 45 Points: 10,968, Level: 45 Points: 10,968, Level: 45
Activity: 39.0% Activity: 39.0% Activity: 39.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,027 Posts

Quote:
I'm wondering how (if ever) Dana expects to monetize this freakshow.
For starters, by paying the contestants peanuts. Probably same thing for the interviewers and other people. I'm guessing he didn't want it to fall off TV, to be forced to use Rumble for it. I'm sure they chose this weekend very deliberately as it's the same weekend and location of the SB. So they're able to promote it a bit on Twitter after the fact with photos of Charles Barkley and Tom Brady in attendance, I assume they're there for the SB. As far as safety and being unable to defend yourself and all that, a few years back, Brady said, "A quarterback should only throw the ball to certain places, because your receiver is in danger of getting hit. When I used to play against Ray Lewis, I wouldn't throw the ball to the middle of the field, because he would -- he'd go after you. And we didn't always have the biggest receivers. But he would hit them and knock them out of the game." Anyway, one article says Brady was only there briefly before heading to a SB party, I doubt he's too interested in slapping. Being friends with well-known celebs and snapping a few photos with them at your event can help a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-24, 18:54
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 19.5% Activity: 19.5% Activity: 19.5%

Looked like a dq, but really does it matter? As said damage done (in more ways than one).