Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Jul-20, 13:34
Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts
Default Re: Are guys obsessed with wrestling deluded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I realize this is an ancient thread, and one that seemed a little contentious at the time, so I hope I'm not re-opening an old wound here.

Regardless of what you call it (delusional, mistaken, etc), I do share OP's skepticism with many claims that are made on here. That isn't to attack anyone personally, or insinuate that they're lying as I doubt it's likely that simple.

I'm especially skeptical of those who claim that their wives invariably mop the floor with them when they wrestle, as well as those who claim to challenge a random girl in the gym or school to a match which invariably ends with her beating him with ease while engaging in perfectly timed trash talk.

It seems "fishy" to me that so many men who happen to have a fetish for losing to women in wrestling, seem to come across so many women in life that are not only superior wrestlers, but who also seem to get off on the idea of beating men. It stands to reason that they may be seeking them out, but taking most claims on here at face value, that usually doesn't seem to be the case.

I know I've plugged this a lot already, but come this August 22nd, I will be able to give you all a 100% honest report on what happens when I face Dez Desire in a fully competitive match. Dez is 5'10'' 160lbs, has a 4-0 MMA record, and is probably around a purple belt in BJJ. I am a 6'4'' 250lbs 'gym-bro' type with no training whatsoever. Hopefully this event will serve as an interesting data point to add to the mix in this discussion.
Honestly I'm also very skeptical of many stories that I read around here, not because the guy lost (unless it's a big and athletic guy losing to an untrained girl I don't find it unbelievable) but mainly because the girls often trash talk and act in ways that seems very forced and innatural.
It seems more something they wish to hear because it arouse them than something a girl would really say or do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jul-20, 18:40
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,924 Times in 486 Posts

I never understood why some people care so much whether those stories really happened or not.

I guess some men here are actually bothered by the idea that there might be so many men getting trashed by women in real life. Personally, I don't care. It makes for a good fantasy and if it really happened it's quite hilarious and amusing, so either way I'm fine with it.

The problem is this forum has too many people who have these fantasies but at the same time they want to convince themselves that these things can't really happen and they discourage any type of femdom talk that isn't entirely fictional. So you end up with boring scientific debates and posts like "no, this can't happen because men have 36.27% more upper body strength than women" (I made that number up to illustrate a point). Who cares, just give us some stories of women besting men.
Old 11-Jul-20, 18:58
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I never understood why some people care so much whether those stories really happened or not.

I guess some men here are actually bothered by the idea that there might be so many men getting trashed by women in real life. Personally, I don't care. It makes for a good fantasy and if it really happened it's quite hilarious and amusing, so either way I'm fine with it.

The problem is this forum has too many people who have these fantasies but at the same time they want to convince themselves that these things can't really happen and they discourage any type of femdom talk that isn't entirely fictional. So you end up with boring scientific debates and posts like "no, this can't happen because men have 36.27% more upper body strength than women" (I made that number up to illustrate a point). Who cares, just give us some stories of women besting men.
I think your perspective is interesting because it perfectly illustrates what I've said on here before, which is that there seem to be two camps of people in this scene. The first camp views femdom in a positive light--As a fantasy, or something that they desire in some way. The second camp is conflicted in that on the one hand they are threatened by dominant women and depictions of femdom cause them to be distressed, anxious, and shamed. On the other hand, these sorts of negative reactions have at some point become eroticized by the brain such that they also produce intense feelings of sexual and intellectual arousal/curiosity.

It sounds like you're a part of the first camp, which from my experience may even be a majority on this forum. People like myself fall squarely in the second camp, which is why it's necessary for us to debate the legitimacy of these things. Some of the claims that are made on here would be very distressing/threatening to people like me if they were true, so debating their authenticity is like a first line of defense to avoid having to accept the outcome and its implications unless forced to by the evidence.

Weird eh?
Old 11-Jul-20, 19:32
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I care because if it has really happened is very arousing and exciting to me, while if it's made up it doesn't interest me.
For me it's exactly the opposite of what you said, I want to convince myself that regular sized girls defeating extremely big, strong and atheltic man can happen (I hope so much that Dez Desire will prove it by soundly beating InTheFlesh, for example) so I desperately search for proof it.
But since I can't fool myself those proof have to be solid to work.

Plus having people lie at you expecting you to believe them is never a nice thing and it rub me the wrong way, I have zero problem if a guy tell a fake story admitting so, actually I can even like it (altough nowhere near as much as a true one).

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think your perspective is interesting because it perfectly illustrates what I've said on here before, which is that there seem to be two camps of people in this scene. The first camp views femdom in a positive light--As a fantasy, or something that they desire in some way. The second camp is conflicted in that on the one hand they are threatened by dominant women and depictions of femdom cause them to be distressed, anxious, and shamed. On the other hand, these sorts of negative reactions have at some point become eroticized by the brain such that they also produce intense feelings of sexual and intellectual arousal/curiosity.

It sounds like you're a part of the first camp, which from my experience may even be a majority on this forum. People like myself fall squarely in the second camp, which is why it's necessary for us to debate the legitimacy of these things. Some of the claims that are made on here would be very distressing/threatening to people like me if they were true, so debating their authenticity is like a first line of defense to avoid having to accept the outcome and its implications unless forced to by the evidence.

Weird eh?
I don't think you can divide people here in just this two camps.
For example I like true stories of women beating men and I hope that small women beating huge, muscular, atheltic man can really happen.
That's why it's important for me to discuss the authenticity of some stories, because I would love for them to be true but I'm critical enough that I can't convince myself if they aren't plausible enough.
A true story of women beating men makes me happy, while a fake one is an irritating dissapointment.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 11-Jul-20 at 19:32.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jul-20, 00:28
brsimmons
This message has been deleted by brsimmons. Reason: NA
Old 08-Dec-20, 20:42
Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I don't think I'm deluded about this topic at all. I'm fully aware that many of the videos and other materials on this forum are at least partly fantasy. That's okay with me. But I've also dated two women -- one a college wrestler and the other a BJJ blue belt -- who were both fully capable of destroying me in a grappling scenario.

While for me nothing can beat wrestling a woman competitively on a mat, I don't mind the fantasy stuff either. But I'm pretty sure I can tell which is which in many cases. Like everything in life, sometimes the line is blurred.
The Following User Says Thank You to RMarquez For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Dec-20, 15:51
Points: 328, Level: 6 Points: 328, Level: 6 Points: 328, Level: 6
Activity: 94.9% Activity: 94.9% Activity: 94.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazanaVest12 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I hate to be that guy, but squatting 200-225lbs has never been that difficult for me. And i'm the same height as her and go even deeper in squats compared to her.

Of course, i'm in my early 20's and workout regularly but still.
I'm 6"1/6"2 and at my lowest of 152lbs, I was easily squatting that.
The Following User Says Thank You to JackWrestleboy7i For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jan-21, 00:09
Points: 36,348, Level: 83 Points: 36,348, Level: 83 Points: 36,348, Level: 83
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,961 Times in 320 Posts

Two things are simultaneously true:

1). There is a large number of users of forums like this one that are deeply deluded about what is competitive and what isn't; most mixed wrestling videos aren't competitive, even those that claim they are;

2). There are many women out there that can easily kick the ass of most men on the planet. Untrained men are not that much of a challenge for trained women, unless these men are far (and I mean far) stronger and heavier;

For what it's worth, as a man that doesn't have any knowledge about fighting myself (but I have decent strenght and size), I could do very little against most session wrestlers I faced. Some of them I felt like I could take them down and prevent them from making me tap, but it was a minority. Those of them with decent strenght and training would just always end up in a dominant position despite me being bigger and stronger and once a hold was properly applied generally I couldn't get out at all.

In some cases it was frankly quite embarassing, 'cause I like being dominated but actually having some sort of control over what's happening and being able to break free if I really wanted to or score a few points if I wanted. I like losing but "putting up a good fight". But in some cases I just couldn't do anything and the women just had to slow down to avoid tapping me out every 30 seconds.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BSF For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jan-21, 12:25
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSF [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Two things are simultaneously true:

1). There is a large number of users of forums like this one that are deeply deluded about what is competitive and what isn't; most mixed wrestling videos aren't competitive, even those that claim they are;

2). There are many women out there that can easily kick the ass of most men on the planet. Untrained men are not that much of a challenge for trained women, unless these men are far (and I mean far) stronger and heavier;
I'm not sure whether there are many women out there but a few for sure.

And for sure there is a difference in watching videos or having a real session.

You guys are turning in circles since I came to this forum for the first time.

Quote:
For what it's worth, as a man that doesn't have any knowledge about fighting myself (but I have decent strenght and size), I could do very little against most session wrestlers I faced. Some of them I felt like I could take them down and prevent them from making me tap, but it was a minority. Those of them with decent strenght and training would just always end up in a dominant position despite me being bigger and stronger and once a hold was properly applied generally I couldn't get out at all.
People are different.
Some people are clumsy and some are moving smoothly.
Some people are naturally strong others weak.
Some people are very flexible others not . . .
And some people are natural in fighting . . .

I'm getting old now and already lost more than half of my natural strength and a lot of flexibility.
But still some top girls are struggling to score against me.

Even in my early sessions trained girls always asked me whether I had formal training in martial arts, because I was able to read their moves, what I had to negate.

Quote:
In some cases it was frankly quite embarassing, 'cause I like being dominated but actually having some sort of control over what's happening and being able to break free if I really wanted to or score a few points if I wanted. I like losing but "putting up a good fight". But in some cases I just couldn't do anything and the women just had to slow down to avoid tapping me out every 30 seconds.
Aren't the terms "being dominated" and "having control" exclude each other?

Sounds for me more like fantasy / role play.
Old 25-Jan-21, 15:17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

People are different.
Some people are clumsy and some are moving smoothly.
Some people are naturally strong others weak.
Some people are very flexible others not . . .
And some people are natural in fighting . . .

I'm getting old now and already lost more than half of my natural strength and a lot of flexibility.
But still some top girls are struggling to score against me.

Even in my early sessions trained girls always asked me whether I had formal training in martial arts, because I was able to read their moves, what I had to negate.
May I ask you how big and strong are you exactly? And how big and strong were you in your prime?
Old 25-Jan-21, 17:24
Points: 36,348, Level: 83 Points: 36,348, Level: 83 Points: 36,348, Level: 83
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,961 Times in 320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
IAren't the terms "being dominated" and "having control" exclude each other?

Sounds for me more like fantasy / role play.
Yea my sentence wasn't the greatest.

What I meant is I like being dominated "because I let her get the upper hand early on". What that means is I let her an opening to gain an advantage, and then I fight back hard, but from a position where I'm already at some disadvantage.

In most cases what happened instead was:

* I didn't need to let them any advantage; they would do that themselves without needing any help from me;

* Once I was at disadvantage, my fightning back was more irrelevant that I would have liked. I wanted them to overpower me slowly, but instead they would overpower me very quickly;

I do believe however that it depends which girls you wrestle with. Of course if you choose the very tiny ones and maybe with only some very basic skills, then yea, they only get to win if you let them. I did have a few sessions like that, where the girl was just too small and not skilled enough.

But try and wrestle someone like Sheena and see how it goes with your moves reading abilities mate.