Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Jun-20, 21:11
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default Re: The future of mixed wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy9012 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The UK has loads of females into that sort of stuff and have that look yet none seem to be in the wrestling scene. Weird.
This is what I'm talking about as well. There are zillions of women today who would be amazing at this stuff, just go to girlswithmuscle.com and look around to see what I'm talking about. I feel like our level of recruitment among the population of "fit women" is infinitesimal compared to what it could be, and I think part of the reason for that is the lack of an intermediate market that allows women to show what their capable of, without going all the way into the sex/fetish/niche world that most people shy away from.
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 21:45
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy9012 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Any of those. The UK has loads of females into that sort of stuff and have that look yet none seem to be in the wrestling scene. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is what I'm talking about as well. There are zillions of women today who would be amazing at this stuff, just go to girlswithmuscle.com and look around to see what I'm talking about. I feel like our level of recruitment among the population of "fit women" is infinitesimal compared to what it could be, and I think part of the reason for that is the lack of an intermediate market that allows women to show what their capable of, without going all the way into the sex/fetish/niche world that most people shy away from.
I don't think it is surprising that it is difficult to find women who are really ready to jump into the mixed wrestling scene. Think about it this way:

For women who have no wrestling or martial arts training/experience but DO have a fitness background, the prospect of getting involved in a wrestling match against a man could be:

A) Intimidating
B) Of little general interest
C) Fun for once, maybe twice, but not something to do over and over again

Even if a woman is involved in fitness and sports, it doesn't mean she is going to be interested in wrestling men, let alone doing videos where she wrestles men. Right? Doing fitness stuff, like Crossfit or weight lifting is pretty different from wrestling (there's a massive increase in body contact involved).

It doesn't have to be about sex or fetish or anything. It has to do with whether the lady in question is:

A) Interested in doing really close contact activities (aka swapping sweat)
B) Interested in wrestling someone who is very likely heavier and stronger than she is
C) Interested in wrestling a guy she likely doesn't know (aka not a significant other, play partner, etc)

Right?

Is it weird that women who are interested in fitness are not also interested in wrestling men? I don't think that's weird. I don't think fitness (weight lifting, Crossfit) and mixed wrestling are really related; if someone likes doing deadlifts, should she naturally also like fighting her way out from underneath a man who most likely outweighs her?

If a fitness lady is inclined toward wrestling, then she'd be more likely to get involved with wrestling. But there'd have to be that inclination. Similarly, if a fitness lady was inclined toward sailing, she'd be more likely to get involved with sailing, etc.

Maybe a lady would do one video, maybe one session, maybe a handful. But if she really isn't inclined toward wrestling as *well* as fitness, she's just not going to stick with it or even really pursue it, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 21:48
Points: 7,377, Level: 36 Points: 7,377, Level: 36 Points: 7,377, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I think it continually renews itself. Little players sprout up continually — like one I saw recently Challenge Sports — producing content, introducing new players and performers. Like anything, the scene will evolve and change. Yesterday’s Belinda Belle is today’s Bianca or Pamela. Charlene Rink has given way to Sheena. It’s always partly new and partly nostalgic.

That’s what keeps it interesting...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HermanDG For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 21:53
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

SOOOOOOOOO

This is not to say you shouldn't politely ask to see if said fitness ladies are interested. Politely asking if they are interested in possibly trying mixed wrestling seems fine. But if it just never occurred to them or if they aren't interested, I don't think it should be weird or surprising.

(again, this is just referring to fitness ladies, not martial arts or wrestling ladies)
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 22:31
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
SOOOOOOOOO

This is not to say you shouldn't politely ask to see if said fitness ladies are interested. Politely asking if they are interested in possibly trying mixed wrestling seems fine. But if it just never occurred to them or if they aren't interested, I don't think it should be weird or surprising.

(again, this is just referring to fitness ladies, not martial arts or wrestling ladies)
I think your last sentence is key there. Asking cheerleaders, dancers, volleyball players etc would probably have to be more of a 'one and done' type of deal, like you said. But if we recruited wrestlers, Judo, BJJ etc women who have already overcome their trepidation for male bodily contact, perhaps our success rate would be much higher. Another factor to consider is money! It seems like a lot more women would be willing to do this sort of thing if 1. It wasn't super-duper overtly fetishy/sexual and 2. There was significant money involved.

Maybe?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 22:32
Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
SOOOOOOOOO

Come on man,

How are you going to approach these women? On Instagram?
Old 30-Jun-20, 23:00
Producer
Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,836 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Come on man,

Thats one option yes to DM them or even comment on a post. Can't say for sure but if I had to bet I'd say that a lot of them already know about sessions and have been asked to do them.

Added after 7 minutes:

Don't think this is the whole segment but it touches on sessions and it seems most of the competitors are aware of them [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by mmadomination; 30-Jun-20 at 23:00.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmadomination For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 23:58
Producer
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Come on man,

Are they on Instagram? Are you talking about celebrities? Or do you just mean ladies you see at the gym, etc?
Old 01-Jul-20, 00:50
Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Are they on Instagram? Are you talking about celebrities? Or do you just mean ladies you see at the gym, etc?
I was being sarcastic. Some of you live in la la land.
Old 01-Jul-20, 01:25
Producer
Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,836 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Some of you live in la la land.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] Yanita Ancheva is right there. An email in the profile. You simply send an email make your offer and she either says yes or no. I picked her cause she is an extreme example and no way in hell she would say yes. My point is if you do that enough times to enough women it will eventually work. Sheena, Veve any big session girl you want to name also had to do their first session somehow

Forgive me for not picking up on your sarcasm.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmadomination For This Useful Post: