Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Jun-17, 04:09
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Why we have this fetish

Last edited by stymie; 07-Jun-17 at 05:18.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Dec-20, 23:13
Points: 2,953, Level: 22 Points: 2,953, Level: 22 Points: 2,953, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I haven't seen this mentioned, but your fetish has a name.......

Agonophilia is the paraphilia involving sexual arousal derived from the act of fighting, or participating in or observing a combat sport, such as wrestling, boxing or kickboxing, martial arts, etc., or from viewing depictions thereof; from the Greek agonos (combat, struggle, conflict) and philia (love of).

Agonophilia often also involves the fetishizing of the equipment associated with combat sports (i.e. boxing gloves/trunks, safety gear, martial arts uniforms, etc.).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MagicHandsRick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Jan-21, 04:09
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillver [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd be very interested to hear an evolutionary explanation of why fetishes exist but my assertion that fetishes are genetic doesn't rely on one. Even someone who doesn't realise how skin tones have been influenced by evolutionary pressure will hopefully realise that those different tones are controlled by genes. There has been a lot written in this forum about whether fetishes are innate, need a triggering event or a combination of both. You may wish to check these out as a lot of this has already been discussed.
I studied psychology, but didn't get interested in fetishes until years after college .. There's virtually no research I'm aware of on this.

The book A Billion Wicked Thoughts:
Two maverick neuroscientists use the world's largest psychology experiment – the Internet – to study the private activities of millions of men and women around the world, unveiling a revolutionary and shocking new vision of human desire that overturns conventional thinking.

Female erotic literature is heavily tilted towards domination and rape .. What women actually read online often involves being gang-raped by pirates (one of the earliest pieces of women's erotic literature) or enslaved by a billionaire, or a vampire.

The basic formula is being overpowered and brought to submission by a dangerous male figure – the woman's vagina tames the man, and turns him into relationship material, but only for her.

My evolutionary explanation: a huge amount of human reproduction has been through rape – possibly often during war .. And women who resisted were more likely to get injured, get infections, and less likely to reproduce .. Those who got aroused would've been at a survival advantage, and those genes were more likely to be passed on.

Two reasons men might have this same response to being sexually overpowered: either the brain circuitry for this evolved in female, but makes it into male brains, or (less likely) men were raped by women enough for it to show up.

We did livewith Neanderthals, and people aren't sure whether this relationship was harmonious .. Neanderthal women would've been more than capable of raping human males .. And Neanderthals reproduced with us so much they diluted themselves out of existence. Long shot.

I'd put my money on it being a system that evolved in females .. I think what makes it different from a fetish is it's almost universal among women .. Personally, I'd say when it shows up in males, it is something like a slightly female shift in male sexuality.

Case in point: if you know any lesbians, we see women through the same lens .. Not the straight male lens .. The "look at her quads" lens .. The fetishisation of height, weight, power, intelligence .. It may be something like a sexuality
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Jan-21, 07:55
Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,098 Times in 409 Posts

Does anybody know some scientific articles about this paraphilia/fetish?
The Following User Says Thank You to megahexer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-21, 16:12
Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,098 Times in 409 Posts

Or does anybody discuss the fetish with an psychotherpist?
Old 09-Jan-21, 00:46
ssddfaudhey

I think I was hard wired for it. Definitely spiked up in grade 5 when I got taken down and pinned by a girl at recess.I was one of the tough kids too.She was in Judo I believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-21, 00:59
Arnie

sthenolagnia is a term I read about. Attraction to strong women.

I never talked to my shrink about it. It's too embarrassing.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-21, 01:22
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

We do seem to be hard wired.

The question of free will comes into play. We get thrown into life and experiences around us, which form our personalities, habits, memories, all of which combined, along with the dna, determine who we are and how we react to things. If the present moment always flow from the past, where is the choice? We are in a way a reaction to the world around us.
This particular reaction is interesting, only because it's rare.
Before I was a teen, I thought everyone shared the same desires and preferences as me, that my sexuality is sort of universal, that all men wanted to be manhandled by women, and made into footrests, that power play, role reversal was "the thing". I was quite surprised, unsettled, when I found out that that was not the case. Anybody else felt similarly?

It's fairly difficult to look at yourself from the outside, because that is not a natural point of view for us. For the outside we are unusual, odd. But we know that is not true. This came naturally to us. So, I suggest, we try and analyze the fetish from the inside, rather from the outside. Because if we analyze ourselves as non-normal, we get caught in a trap of comparison, of looking for "what went wrong", instead of what really happened.

So, let's approach this question from the point of view that we are perfect, and are the only way we could ever be. What does this fetish mean to you? What is the real difference between a man and a woman?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-21, 02:27
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts
Mystery man Re: Why we have this fetish

I have an answer, and a good one,
subs are just lazy and passive, their initiative is 0.
Doms are hard working, and active, their initiative is 0>.

If you are a man and a lazy one(mentally and physically) chances are you are a sub.
Man should be strong, dominant and virile, have the macchiavelian virtu.

Maybe we were breastfed for too long?!

Anyone here to dissect ze Sigmund?
Old 09-Jan-21, 19:42
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have an answer, and a good one,
subs are just lazy and passive, their initiative is 0.
Doms are hard working, and active, their initiative is 0>.

If you are a man and a lazy one(mentally and physically) chances are you are a sub.
Man should be strong, dominant and virile, have the macchiavelian virtu.

Maybe we were breastfed for too long?!

Anyone here to dissect ze Sigmund?
Interesting point, someone must have researched this subject at some point....