Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-May-20, 13:08
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Awards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wouldn't know what to call it, but is there scope for recognising the attitude and behaviour of session girls? I don't mean releasing as soon as you tap! More like how they treat their customers - timekeeping, communicating, and being friendly, welcoming and responsive to their clients needs as well as their own. In other words, the exact opposite of some of the ladies who frequent our own Twitter thread.
Thanks, V! I'd say professionalism should be an important factor in deciding the best session wrestler of the year.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 29-May-20, 13:13
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

New categories maybe,
- jobber of the year
- artist of the year

Also, what do you guys think about the name? Fetish Combat Awards? Female Wrestling & Fighting Awards? Or maybe we can name it after one of the pioneers of the scene - Judell Dulong, Beatrice Goffin, Deena Zarra Awards, Bill Wick Awards, off the top of my head. Eric Stanton Awards?
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 29-May-20, 13:23
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armwrestlefan99 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
With the help of looking back through my history of liked posts a bit, I've come up with 7 ideas for my votes towards electing a committee, though I could have named some other guys too.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I think I'm right in saying they all do quite a few sessions, and several of them watch quite a lot of videos possibly too. They've also made a number of helpful and well written posts and reviews I think.

I definitely think @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] would also make positive contributions to any discussion though for sure if he was involved at all, and I know he did do some sessions still in 2019. @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] would be good too, especially for videos I guess, but he does some sessions too. Maybe also @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], who doesn't post a lot on here but already does something similar to the awards Zweig suggested I remember and he might do quite a lot of sessions with European girls (not that my list of 7 above really lacks that).
Just to break down how I thought about the geographical spread potentially with those names....

Pinme
USA (& North America in general)

BoyofWinter
USA, North America, but also rest of the world and particularly the UK

Royh
Particularly Eastern Europe but also UK, USA and visitors to his country in general

ManInBlack
widespread but moreso Europe in general

Mxwrfan
Northern Europe (or visitors to), but also potentially Eastern Europe and UK

Paul Tea
Italy, but also Europe/UK and visiting girls from the USA and elsewhere

Maitsek
France (and visitors to)

RNC has experiences from 2019 with girls (including some new to the scene if I remember correctly) from Europe/UK and maybe the USA too. wrestpet with some visiting girls to his country from places like the UK, USA and Czechia. renrew like I said with quite a few European girls I think, and maybe more Czechia than Hungary (which would be the opposite of Royh I think)?

That could be slightly wrong but was what I was thinking. Maybe it looks a bit focused on Europe if we compare continents, although if looking at the USA as just one country maybe it'd seem ok and Pinme and BoyofWinter might be able to cover a lot of girls and sessions anyway. I'm not really voting for these 7 guys in combination I suppose though, but just casting one vote for each.

I'm less sure on videos, but ManInBlack has attended events too like at Monica's, Antscha's, Fight Pulse, I think Maitsek watches quite a lot, and wrestpet seems to have seen quite a few from Submission Room and Fight Pulse for example too. Maybe Pinme or especially BoyofWinter would be good for the likes of Doom Maidens and Grappling Girls (but perhaps also Fighting Dolls or Alphacatz from Europe?).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 14:53
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,220 Times in 6,815 Posts

Not female wrestling or female fighting please. I know we welcome F/F material and its devotees, but having female as the only gender in the title is at odds with the name and main purpose of the of the Board for a start.
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 16:42
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Thanks for the tags to those who've done so, it's nice to know my posts have been helpful. I've been extremely lucky to stay in an industry which has subsidized a huge amount of sessions-adjacent travel over the years, not just inside the US but across to Europe as well.
Old 29-May-20, 16:59
Points: 7,300, Level: 36 Points: 7,300, Level: 36 Points: 7,300, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Great idea. I'll come back to provide my selected committee members.

Would there be a process for member to submit a video or nominee?
Old 29-May-20, 17:23
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorme2tight [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Would there be a process for member to submit a video or nominee?
Yes, everybody can make a case for any nomination in a special public thread. The only problem I can see about submitting a video is if the producer hasn't submitted the video on their part for consideration, but it's quickly fixed by simply asking them to submit it. All submissions can be named and listed in January on the awards page, as well as in a new, final thread, for discussion, where we can all (not the producers or wrestlers) once again try and persuade the committee to choose the video, match, session wrestler, producer, etc. that we think deserves to be the winner. It's up them to analyze the information and maybe use it in making the final decision on the winner and the runner-up(s) in early February.

Regarding producers submitting their videos for consideration, I think most producers know well which videos they produce are good, and which could be improved upon. However, sometimes we are wrong or have our own bias. So, it could be a good idea if the committee had the right to ask the producer to substitute one or both of their submissions for the category with another video, which they either think is better because they've watched it already, or they see has overwhelming appreciation among the members of the forum. It's of course up to the producer to comply or not.
Old 29-May-20, 19:06
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Good idea Zweig and good timing as well, with so little else going on in the industry right now.

Thanks for the mentions @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] and @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I definitely don't believe I qualify to be on the committee (and wouldn't like to be on it). There are no categories that I would consider myself to be in the top seven on - and there are many categories that I would have no idea or opinion on. But I do appreciate the mentions.

The names that came to mind immediately for me were @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] and @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I can say for sure that I have been impressed by the knowledge and opinions of these four. I know I'm forgetting many other worthy candidates - apologies, your names just aren't as memorable to me.

I'd be very interested in the actual award results and the discussions behind the results, if these were available, though. Or if the discussions weren't available, maybe the runners-up in each category would be worth publishing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 29-May-20, 20:44
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Sure - I would be honored to serve on the sessions committee. I’ve sessioned with most of the top girls in NA and a few from Europe. I would only include my insights on services that the women advertise.
Old 30-May-20, 01:08
Points: 4,678, Level: 28 Points: 4,678, Level: 28 Points: 4,678, Level: 28
Last Achievements

No doubt there are many worthy of being on this committee. My suggestions: