Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Dec-20, 02:26
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: WMMA news / general discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lawsuit That Could End The UFC! (EXPLAINED)

Dec 18, 2020

REALLY impressive audio. Usually, when 3 people are on a zoom/youtube live/etc, 1 will sound like they're underwater.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-21, 20:51
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

"Rebel Girl" Ashlee Evans-Smith interviews Invicta atomweight and motocross enthusiast Alyse "Lil Savage"Anderson. At around 34minutes she talks about how she likes to tool white belt dudes at open mats who think they can muscle their way to win. Here's an excerpt from the transcript:

"Rebel Girl" Ashlee Evans-Smith:
I want to I want to know how to make good content on Tick tock, because I don't dance, and I don't sing. So what the hell am I supposed to do on that app?

Alyse "Lil Savage"Anderson:
Yeah, I don't think so. either. I always say I'm pretty shy. I mean, I tried to learn one dance once. And me and my sister practice the steps from literally, like, eight in the morning to 7pm at night watching a YouTube video. And then we did it and it turned out was so bad that we were crying laughing and it will never be shown to anyone. We like hardcore. We're like we're gonna make a tic tac dancing. So yeah, I don't do that either. But honestly, just because like, like, I posted some jujitsu videos like have like a white belt coming into our gym. And my dad was there that day. And he like took his phone out because I like like, when this might be kind of mean, when like white belt guys, like, you know, come in to the open mat and just try to like crush everybody, but they don't know any jujitsu. And so like I just subbed this guy over and over. You could like see him getting mad. And like I made a tick tok of, of like each submission. And it went viral. And that's like how I got it had like, like 6 million views. And but all of the comments were so mean. It was I cried. I cried. I did cry because

don't let those fuckers Get to you

only because like, after it was like, I woke up and I get went viral overnight. So like when I checked it and like, there was like a common like, cuz I was like doing like a mounted triangle. And they were like, oh, that guy just wants her pussy on his face. It probably smells like fish and like that comment alone has like 11,000 likes, and everyone was commenting like about, like doing fish emojis

Unknown Speaker 35:27
but that's not even about you. That's about the human nature of the male just loving vagina. That's all

know what? A smelly fish.

You know what people are stupid. You know, your vagina doesn't smell like fish. And you just

literally like was getting so mad. And like I commented, I was like, actually, I use like, deodorant down there. And then I was like, wait, wait, wait, delete delete.

I thought you really posted that I was like, No, do not feed the trolls girl.

I was about to. Like if I didn't have my sister right there. It'd be like do not put that it was about to go send cuz I was just like, they totally all these kids. They people didn't even know what jujitsu was like, in the comments and stuff. Exactly. Totally fine. I was like, I mean, I can't believe I went viral over this and because like people made it sexual, but then like, as time went on, like now I don't even care because you just realize like, like, I've had other MMA posts and people be like, oh, wow, he let you do that you're not even trying that those were illegal punches like, and just stupid stuff. Because like, all every time I post fight stuff and I think it's just because you know that not a lot of girls fight. So then you go on this app and all these girls are like doing dances and making these videos, but you don't see like a lot of girls like you know, even hitting pads. Like good.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Feb-21, 07:54
Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,107 Times in 360 Posts

The famous Polyana with quite a victory! [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garri For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Feb-21, 08:42
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garri [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The famous Polyana with quite a victory! [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Joe Rogan’s UFC 258 interview with Polyana Viana and reaction to her mugger story were cringeworthy

By Simon Samano, The Blue Corner | February 13, 2021 9:50 pm

Let’s just put this out there straight away and bluntly: Is Joe Rogan trippin’?

The veteran cageside commentator was at the UFC Apex on Saturday night for UFC 258 to call his first event of 2021, and his return gave us one very awkward moment with Polyana Viana.

Viana had just scored an impressive first-round submission win over Mallory Martin during their strawweight prelim bout on ESPN. With Rogan on post-fight interview duty, this is how their conversation started:

Rogan: “Before we even talk about the fight, I want to know: What was it like to become famous for beating up that mugger in Brazil?”

Viana, through translator Alex Davis: “Yeah, that was two years ago. Everybody still remembers. I’m really happy, because that inspired a lot of women to start doing self-defense classes.”

Yeah, that’s right. Viana had just looked really good in winning her second consecutive fight, but for some odd reason, Rogan was interested in first talking about something that happened in [checks notes] January 2019.

It was a viral story at the time broken by then-MMA Junkie reporter Fernanda Prates. But did Rogan just read about it this week?

As awkward as that was, though, Rogan rejoined fellow commentators Jon Anik and Daniel Cormier, and he wasn’t quite ready to stop talking about the mugger story. Here’s what was said on air before going to commercial:

Rogan: “We talked about it during the break, but that fight, that thing that she had in Brazil, we didn’t really talk about on the air, did we? Here’s a viral image of a man with his face beat to hell, and it’s because of this woman. He tried to mug her, and she beat the snot out of him. He became a part of multiple memes.”

Cormier: “He’s famous for getting beat up …”

Rogan: “By a beautiful woman, too! What a terrible life!”

Oh, the cringe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Feb-21, 12:59
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Why does anyone cringe? Polyana said she was really happy because it inspired women to take self-defense classes. If we cringe at women beating men, why to we come to this forum?
Old 14-Feb-21, 13:22
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,747 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Why does anyone cringe? Polyana said she was really happy because it inspired women to take self-defense classes. If we cringe at women beating men, why to we come to this forum?
As has been said before, this kind of thing can still be incredibly triggering for men outside the fetish.

Rogan understands that being famous for "getting beaten up by a beautiful woman" is something that can haunt a man for the rest of his life. And by saying this I think he basically vocalised that journalist's fears who would rather not have such a subject spoken about to protect the collective male ego.

This is just a theory. People tend to jump on Rogan for anything and everything these days as well. Some of it warranted, some of it not.
Old 14-Feb-21, 14:07
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think because a lot of people don't like to hear that a woman beat a man up, not even when it's an ispirational story of a girl defeding herself from a mugger.
That's because it open the possibility that a woman may be able to beat them up too, and it's something their male pride irrationally cannot accept.

Just like everybody and their grandmother doesn't miss an occasion to remember that Fallon Fox cracked a woman's skull as a proof of men's unsormountable superiority, while nobody ever mention how he was easily beaten up by the only good-level biological woman he faced (Ashlee Evans Smith).

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 14-Feb-21 at 14:14.
Old 14-Feb-21, 18:42
Last Achievements

Quote:
That was the article writer, Simon Samano's opinion. I doubt he ever comes to this forum
Old 16-Feb-21, 01:44
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think because a lot of people don't like to hear that a woman beat a man up, not even when it's an ispirational story of a girl defeding herself from a mugger.
That's because it open the possibility that a woman may be able to beat them up too, and it's something their male pride irrationally cannot accept.

Just like everybody and their grandmother doesn't miss an occasion to remember that Fallon Fox cracked a woman's skull as a proof of men's unsormountable superiority, while nobody ever mention how he was easily beaten up by the only good-level biological woman he faced (Ashlee Evans Smith).
I think most men consider it hot when chicks beat up bad guys and everybody and their grandmother applauds Ashlee Evans Smith for beating up Fallon Fox. Nobody considers FF a poster boy for male superiority.
Old 16-Feb-21, 06:48
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
I think most men consider it hot when chicks beat up bad guys
No, I don't think that most men find it "hot", just a very small percentage of men do.
Most men are turned off by strong women, and some are downright bothered by them.

Quote:
Nobody considers FF a poster boy for male superiority.
That's not true, I have heard countless of time people stating that women have no chance against men using as a proof that "a trans fought in MMA and destroyed women, he even broke their skull", with no mention whatsoever of him losing to a woman.

As a matter of fact the reason I brought it up in my previous post it's precisely because I heard this argument for the millionth time just a couple of days ago so it was fresh in my mind.

It's probably the most overused and parroted inaccurate argument alongside "The best female boxer ever was beaten by a nobody" (when the "nobody" was actually a national Muay Thai champion with an impressive knock-out wins record) and "The Williams sisters were beaten by a an out of shape man outside of the top 200" (ignoring all the times a female tennis player beaten a men in similar "battle of sexes" match-ups, and also ignoring that the 203 ranked man in the world is still a superior athlete than 99,9999% of the male population).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post: