Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Nov-20, 08:43
Points: 1,978, Level: 18 Points: 1,978, Level: 18 Points: 1,978, Level: 18
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Default Re: I was a video jobber: Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleareyes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Finding out you weren't always giving your all to win is like finding out there's no Santa Clause.
awww lol. Well I don't want that! The reality is, there were some girls that there was just no way were going to beat me. Flamingo would put a lot of restrictions on me (Im assuming the other guys too) to get the outcome they wanted. So with that, and me wrestling more defensively instead of aggressively, I think we got what they were out to film.

And trust me, you really don't want 'real' wrestling. It would be 30 mins of us resisting each other, which would be boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleareyes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In your match with Suzanne, she keeps asking "Do you give? Do you give?" and when you finally get her, you said, "Do YOU give?" and it always cracked me up.
Haha yeah I remember that. That was one of, if not my first match with them. I'm glad it was with her, since she was one of their more experienced girls and worked with me. We had good chemistry right from the start.

Quote:
It did seem like you and Bridget were working well together and you guided her to make her look good. Shame she didn't do more videos.
That might be the one from there I was the most proud of. She was small and not strong at all, and I think when it was done I had her looking like a killer queen. She was really receptive and fought with heart, she wasn't a wuss at all, just not strong. So we're got on the same page and I thought it wound up looking good.

Quote:
Did you really play hockey?
100%. Rec league level. Roller blade and street.

Quote:
How long did it usually take to film a match?
Hours. Especially if it was a 60 mins match. They were meticulous.

Quote:
Did them changing to tracking the submissions change the way they shot videos?
Keeping score? Not really no. They had their was of doing things, good or bad.

Quote:
Sorry I have so many questions, I've just watched a lot of your videos.
Don't worry about it, that's why I started the thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to I Was Brett For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Nov-20, 20:04
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Brett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
. . . And trust me, you really don't want 'real' wrestling. It would be 30 mins of us resisting each other, which would be boring.
Sorry but I can't agree with you.

Of cause it can happen that two wrestlers have exactly the same level with no one getting any advantage but in about 500 shootings of competitive matches I watched it only happened two times.

Different people like different stuff.

I have been participating at shootings myself / being a jobber up to domination style clips.

For me the real competitive shootings have been the easiest.

The worst one was a custom clip supposed to look like competitive and the girl dominating the guy.

The girl was new to the scene quite small and had no clue about wrestling holds.

I had to move her into advantageous positions letting it looking like real.

What I'm missing is to get some feedback to improve myself either from the producers or from the consumers.
Old 26-Nov-20, 22:32
Points: 9,862, Level: 42 Points: 9,862, Level: 42 Points: 9,862, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,030 Times in 194 Posts

Did you ever had the chance to fight against Mutiny? If yes, could you please tell us how that was?
Old 26-Nov-20, 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sorry but I can't agree with you.

Of cause it can happen that two wrestlers have exactly the same level with no one getting any advantage but in about 500 shootings of competitive matches I watched it only happened two times.
That's fine, I'm not here to talk you out of it. I'm sure there's a market for that. Judging by the questions on this thread though, and the subjects of a lot of the others, people are more interested in seeing moves happen. A lot of those moves take some level of cooperation and/or measured pressure to keep someone from getting injured.

So I guess it depends on what the definition of 'real' is. By that, the only thing that's real is UFC, and they don't do intergender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have been participating at shootings myself / being a jobber up to domination style clips.

For me the real competitive shootings have been the easiest.

The worst one was a custom clip supposed to look like competitive and the girl dominating the guy.

The girl was new to the scene quite small and had no clue about wrestling holds.

I had to move her into advantageous positions letting it looking like real.

What I'm missing is to get some feedback to improve myself either from the producers or from the consumers.
So you're kinda proving my point for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domrel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Did you ever had the chance to fight against Mutiny? If yes, could you please tell us how that was?
Not personally, but I have worked with her on other shoots. She's a doll and a lot of fun to be around, very friendly and great to do business with.
Old 29-Nov-20, 00:43
Points: 4,958, Level: 29 Points: 4,958, Level: 29 Points: 4,958, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

How many people were there when you would shoot?

Were the mats as uncomfortable as some of the wrestlers mentioned in post fight interviews? Was the room also really hot?

Was it awkward doing the tape measurements? It seems like something they stopped because it added nothing to the video.

I could be incredibly naive but it seemed like some of the guys were resigned to their fate based on pre match comments (you and Stan) while other guys like Charles genuinely seemed to want to win and were disappointed they didn't. I always figured if a guy won, they just wouldn't release the video
Old 29-Nov-20, 04:59

Quote:
How many people were there when you would shoot?
At Flamingo? Just me, the girl, and the two producers, sometimes just one. I can't think of any shoot for any company where it wasnt a closed set, for lack of a better term.

Quote:
Were the mats as uncomfortable as some of the wrestlers mentioned in post fight interviews? Was the room also really hot?
I don't recall it being uncomfortable or warm. If anything, cold. The mats werent the softest Ive worked on, but not unbearable.

Quote:
Was it awkward doing the tape measurements?
yeah that was dumb as shit. lol I felt so stupid doing it.

Quote:
I could be incredibly naive but it seemed like some of the guys were resigned to their fate based on pre match comments (you and Stan) while other guys like Charles genuinely seemed to want to win and were disappointed they didn't.
Yeah, I didn't have any issues putting the girl over. I knew they set things up for her to win, a lot of the time I was going to make sure she did, and I've never been the misogynistic type.

Quote:
I always figured if a guy won, they just wouldn't release the video
That would not surprise me at all. lol
Old 02-Dec-20, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico999 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If I were a jobber, I wouldn't want to be stopped all the time to be given directions. Do producers often ask you to change the way you act ?
Not saying this as a brag, but personally, not really. I usually get it pretty quickly. I know what they're looking for ahead of time gauge accordingly.

But it has happened before sure. You are working for the producer so your performance has to be to their satisfaction. I wouldnt take offence or be frustrated by it, they're paying me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico999 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If a jobber gets a boner, do they stop shooting and restart over again ?
Addressed the erection issue previously, but that's never been a blatantly obvious issue for me. I doubt they'd start things over again, as that's not something that can really be controlled.

Quote:
If it's me, I don't like when a video gets cut all the time.
I prefer some spontaneous action getting filmed continously.
That's always ideal, but it doesn't always work in practice. Various things can happen.

Quote:
Your match against Bridget was one of my favorites, I still have it.
These types of videos are not filmed anymore. It was the good old days.
Thank you very much, it's one of my favorites too!
Old 06-Dec-20, 03:42
Points: 10,502, Level: 44 Points: 10,502, Level: 44 Points: 10,502, Level: 44
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Have you arm wrestled a woman for real and she beat you? who?
Old 06-Dec-20, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by znaksh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have you arm wrestled a woman for real and she beat you? who?
Cant say that's something Ive done, no.
Old 08-Dec-20, 21:18
Points: 2,477, Level: 20 Points: 2,477, Level: 20 Points: 2,477, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Regarding my latest thread I would like to know whether you wrestled with hairy models (unshaved armpits etc. ) as well?
I guess what I want to know is if you have ever enjoyed a match in particular even though your female opponent was not your regular type. Lets say your type is tall and thin but Emma is small and a little chubby. I hope that I have expressed myself reasonably clearly.

Last edited by mvsf_user25718; 08-Dec-20 at 22:13.