Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Apr-20, 05:00
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,924 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: UFC Back in Business from April 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Dana White definitely wanted the event. The opportunity to be the ONLY event in the sports world would have been a bonanza for him, because even people who had no intention of watching the show would have spent hundreds of hours on TV talking complaining about the UFC. If Khabib had agreed to come, this event would still be on, I bet, unless their ESPN contract has exclusions about using other broadcast partners.

Dana White is not in charge of the UFC, it doesn't matter what he wanted. He's just their PR person at this point.

Like I said, if the UFC wanted the event they could have easily made it in Belarus or some other country that doesn't give a shit about the virus. It was obvious for weeks that it wouldn't be possible in USA so their insistence to make it in America (despite the biggest star of the original card not even being from there) makes it suspicious and it's fair to assume they were playing games with the ESPN.

Also what you said about being the only sport on TV, well plenty other sports could have staged something as well but they don't do it. It's probably because of the negative attention they would get from the mainstream media which would put their sponsors in bad light.
Old 12-Apr-20, 15:00
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well this didn't happen. The number of newly infected is already in steep decline, it went from the peak of 495 to 245 yesterday. Your article is old and dated, back then numbers were still rising and the media was fear mongering, now they went silent.

Also it's funny calling Belarus strategy "risky" as if Western strategy of basically sabotaging economy for months isn't risky for society as well. There's likely going to be plenty of suicides because of economic depression that will follow and other health problems related to that.

So far it looks like Belarus approach was the right one, although I'm not saying every country should have copied it, but it was definitely the right approach for Belarus.

“Didn’t happen” means you don’t know the date of that American Foreign Policy Council article.

“Steep decline” means you don’t know that the Belarusian health ministry is restricting data on confirmed cases of coronavirus.

You prefer to rely on the word of a dictator who has said coronavirus can be cured with vodka, saunas and driving tractors, now don't you?

Last edited by ClckwrkOra; 12-Apr-20 at 15:05. Reason: Correct error in my response. My bad.
Old 12-Apr-20, 16:36
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
“Didn’t happen” means you don’t know the date of that American Foreign Policy Council article.

“Steep decline” means you don’t know that the Belarusian health ministry is restricting data on confirmed cases of coronavirus.

You prefer to rely on the word of a dictator who has said coronavirus can be cured with vodka, saunas and driving tractors, now don't you?
The numbers I got are from WHO I think. The article you posted is almost a week old already. Surely if this virus was so dangerous, something should have happened by now?

The virus has been in Belarus long time already, no colapse happened and not even close to it. The Western media kept saying how disaster will happen blah blah for weeks and they look more and more stupid every day.

Lukashenko is not a dictator, he was elected democratically. Western media and WHO lie much more than he does. I have zero trust in American media. This thing that Lukashenko supposedly said that tractors heal corona virus is just another lie. He just made some joke about it.

I'm not a Lukashenko supporter or a fan of Belarus, but so far the measures he took or rather didn't take proved to be the right choice and made the Western countries look stupid. It just shows how badly developed countries are governed when old communist dictator has more sense than them lol

Last edited by Amazonia; 12-Apr-20 at 16:41.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Apr-20, 16:55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The numbers I got are from WHO I think. The article you posted is almost a week old already. Surely if this virus was so dangerous, something should have happened by now?

The virus has been in Belarus long time already, no colapse happened and not even close to it. The Western media kept saying how disaster will happen blah blah for weeks and they look more and more stupid every day.

Lukashenko is not a dictator, he was elected democratically. Western media and WHO lie much more than he does. I have zero trust in American media. This thing that Lukashenko supposedly said that tractors heal corona virus is just another lie. He just made some joke about it.

I'm not a Lukashenko supporter or a fan of Belarus, but so far the measures he took or rather didn't take proved to be the right choice and made the Western countries look stupid.

You don’t know where your numbers came from?

The article I cited is four days old. How do you know the problem it cited would have happened by now?

Lukashenko has repeatedly said the virus can be cured by things like vodka, saunas, working in the fields and driving tractors.

You consider that credible?
Old 12-Apr-20, 17:30
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You don’t know where your numbers came from?

The article I cited is four days old. How do you know the problem it cited would have happened by now?

Lukashenko has repeatedly said the virus can be cured by things like vodka, saunas, working in the fields and driving tractors.

You consider that credible?
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The numbers are really irrelevant anyway, if this virus was really so dangerous as some people claim, Belarus would not be able to cover it up and there would be bodies on te streets. The fact that Belarus still functions normally despite not taking any measures shows that these measures would do more harm than good for them.

The first case of covid in Belarus was 28th of February, it's now been month and a half since then and only 26 people died, old people with other diseases. So WHEN exactly is this disaster that media keeps predicting going to happen?

I remember they were shitting all over Lukashenko when Belarus football league started and said how it will lead to catastrophe, now we're past 4 rounds into the championship and still no sign of this "colapse" lol.

Countries neighboring Belarus succumbed to pressure and crippled their economies with measures yet they have similar numbers of infected and dead at the end.

So it looks like banning sport doesn't achieve anything. They should definitely allow countries with low number of infections to contnue sport.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Apr-20, 17:42
Last Achievements

Quote:

The numbers are really irrelevant anyway, if this virus was really so dangerous as some people claim, Belarus would not be able to cover it up and there would be bodies on te streets. The fact that Belarus still functions normally despite not taking any measures shows that these measures would do more harm than good for them.

The first case of covid in Belarus was 28th of February, it's now been month and a half since then and only 26 people died, old people with other diseases. So WHEN exactly is this disaster that media keeps predicting going to happen?

I remember they were shitting all over Lukashenko when Belarus football league started and said how it will lead to catastrophe, now we're past 4 rounds into the championship and still no sign of this "colapse" lol.

Countries neighboring Belarus succumbed to pressure and crippled their economies yet they have similar numbers of infected and dead.

So it looks like banning sport doesn't achieve anything. They should definitely allow countries with low number of infections to contnue sport.

The link doesn’t give a source for the data.

You don’t know where your information came from, do you?
Old 12-Apr-20, 19:01
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
The link doesn’t give a source for the data.

You don’t know where your information came from, do you?

They cite their sources here if you scroll down

This is their source for Belarus

Old 12-Apr-20, 19:54
Last Achievements

Quote:

They cite their sources here if you scroll down

This is their source for Belarus

That being what?

You still don’t know who is putting up those numbers or where they come from, do you?
Old 12-Apr-20, 20:48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
That being what?

You still don’t know who is putting up those numbers or where they come from, do you?

I already pasted you this link. You can read everything on it.
Old 12-Apr-20, 21:01
Last Achievements

Quote:

I already pasted you this link. You can read everything on it.

It's in another language.

After messing with this for three-plus hours, you still don't know what the source is?