Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Jan-12, 20:48
Points: 6,529, Level: 34 Points: 6,529, Level: 34 Points: 6,529, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Exclamation How to Make Previews - Easy Tutorial

Posting videos is great and I thank everyone for sharing, but posting videos without previews can be a little frustrating since people have to download the video just to see what's on it.

(There are many ways to make previews, this is just how I do it and it's free, quick and easy so it's the method I chose to share here.)

Here is how you can generate previews for your videos very easily.

Step 1. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Unlike other free programs, this is open source and has no ads or registration nag screens.

Step 2. Unzip the contents of the file into a folder somewhere you can easily get to it.

Step 3. To generate the previews, open the folder location you unzipped the program contents to, select your movie clip or clips and drag your clip(s) on the the little icon for the file named mtn.exe.

After you drag your clips on to the mtn.exe icon, you should see a black dos window pop up and the program will generate the previews almost instantly.

The previews will be .jpg files. They will be named whatever the clip name was except the extension will be .jpg. And they will be located in the clips folder, or same place the clips that you dragged on to the icon are located.

Once you have the .jpg files, you can attach them to your posts here or use a free image host, like imageshack.us.

---------

If you want to change the number of stills in your preview or the size of the preview, here's how you can do that.

Step 1. Right-click on mtn.exe and create a shortcut for it.

Step 2. Right-click on your shortcut and click on "properties"

Step 3. In the "Target:" field, after the file path ending with mtn.exe, enter the following:

Code:
-s 45 -w 800
So, your Target: field should look something like this:

Code:
C:\Users\[NAME]\Desktop\mtn-200808a-win32\mtn.exe -s 45 -w 800
In the example here, 45 is the interval in seconds that the thumbnailer will generate screencaps for and 800 is the width of the final preview .jpg file.

For shorter clips, you may want to use a smaller number than 45 and for larger clips, you may need to use a larger number.

Experiment and see for yourself how it works.

And please share previews for all videos you share. Creating previews is fast, easy and free... plus now you have a tutorial so there's no excuse not to

If anyone has any questions, ask here and I'll help if I can.

** A note for Windows users: If you follow these directions and the preview .jpg files don't appear in the same folder as your clips, you may have a permissions issue. The easiest way around this is to CTRL+drag the clips you want to create previews for to your desktop or another place with open permissions and generate the previews there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowfro For This Useful Post: