Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Nov-20, 15:15
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Getting real about money talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Anat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Most sessioners that claim to make buckets of money are bad at math and aren’t subtracting their expenses. SOME may have difficulty even understanding that what they spend on a trip means they did not make the gross amount in income. Some may not subtract what they spend on costumes and beauty products (that they otherwise would not need). If you do the math, it’s easy to see that the average cost of visiting a city runs between $500-$1500, depending on several factors that are not always under the wrestlers control. If the average session is $500 (this is my average based on longer sessions and complex sessions upping the average. I used excel, it's accurate), you would have to do 150 sessions to gross $75,000. The average expense is 1/3 the gross. This, again, is from my own expense sheet. Sometimes I can get the expense down to 1/4, and generally, that's what I aim for. I have compared notes with both Dommes and wrestlers, and that expense level seems to be pretty consistent. Hotels, flights, gas, and trains cost what they cost. So, the person doing 150 sessions NETS $50,000. The amount of sessions you have to do to hit $100,000 net is 300. That is 5 sessions a week. while we might do that many and more while traveling, it is not like that every week of the year. I would believe that some very well established dommes and wrestlers could make this with careful and strategic planning. A brand new and popular person might make that in the first year if they are both smart and lucky. But usually, when people try to work that hard that consistently, they get injured. We don't get unemployment insurance (present pandemic excluded), so it becomes a situation that is exhausting, impractical, and dangerous. Nobody is making more than a middle-class citizen with wrestling sessions. When the business was more exclusive, they might have, but I have little direct knowledge of that. Many people supplement with videos, which is also very competitive. You can add maybe 10-15% average increase in income this way. But again, I'm taking expenses into account. Money in sales is a gross number. Some of the producers that created a production business that's been producing for over 5 years can make a lot more than that, but these are exceptions. The average wrestler won't make anything near what these stores make.

That being said, I think it behooves every wrestler and Domme to appear wealthy and in demand. The psychology behind it is well understood. If you seem poor or needy people will tend to try to take advantage of that or consider that your services must be of low quality.

I am sure there is a way to reuse the same clothes for every city for five years and stay in the rattiest of ratty motels to squeeze ever drop of profit out of your sessions. But, that tends to be a depressing way to do business (for wrestler AND client).
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnobody [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Are you sure this is purely a means of marketing or also related to the strange virus that infects human beings and makes them desperate to seem more “successful” than they are? It seems that the average person is trying hard to convince the average person that they are more successful than average, although being more successful than average only generates feelings of jealousy and disdain. So, is there sth in receiving jealousy and disdain?? If that’s the case, how ironic is it that the average person would consider us here as pervs!! Or maybe I miss sth, just because I am below average…

P.S. It is very good for you to try to get the math you are talking about right and do it fairly. I am worried that making that sort of money for an hour drives girls away from potential careers that might look way less rewarding if not compared to this properly. Relying only on sessions to live might be working for some, but it would be good if the more experienced of you, help them sanitise their long term expectations. I imagine that this might be a good and fun way to live, as long as you don't HAVE to keep on doing it in order to live. It should be very tough emotionally and ultimately financially if this becomes one's only route.
Goddess Anat's post provides the sort of derailment I hope Zweig will allow us to break out into a thread of its own.

With respect to your posit, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], *both* things (all, actually) can be true. Many humans (self included, sometimes) like to put on airs and there's no shortage of reasons why. In many businesses, if I appear to be the "it girl", then that appearance alone will be sufficient to drive a certain amount of demand. In other businesses, however, presenting as the "humble, wholesome country girl" might be the best way to attract the clientele I'm seeking. And then there's just general competitiveness among people. That shit is of biological origin and evolves, growing stronger with each generation.

There are very few session wrestlers who have banked $1.5M solo in their retirement accounts, but there are clients and would-be clients who (begrudgingly or not) pay $250-500/hour and then assume that the average session provider has a huge retirement portfolio, because that hourly rate is the same as he pays his attorney...who bills 50-60 hours/week and has a 40-year career.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 18:07
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Getting real about money talk

Not sure what your point is or what discussion you are looking for in this new thread?
Does it matter what people think session wrestlers earn/save etc?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 22:28
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Excellent doing of the math by Goddess Anat! There is also the aspect of length of career. For some sessionistas, this is decades and not years. I assume they enjoy what they are doing because SW requires a wide range of physical and mental talents. A lady talented enough to be successful at that could make even more money at something else if making money was her only objective.
Old 12-Nov-20, 22:43
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

I give this thread...3 days?
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 23:20
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not sure what your point is or what discussion you are looking for in this new thread?
Does it matter what people think session wrestlers earn/save etc?
Media consumption is a choice. I did a breakout, because I liked Goddess Anat's share and wanted to engage, but did not want to participate in the 'Twitter News/Drama' thread. That's its own beast that can feed itself without me.

You can ask (and answer for) yourself what made you decide to drop by today. That was a choice you made for your own reasons. Knowledge can enhance perspectives. Personal finance interests me, which is why I appreciated the above-referenced post from an active session provider, but I don't expect everyone within the mixed wrestling fan niche to have the same interests.

To be clear, the bolded portion of Goddess Anat's post - which was quoted by a separate poster - is about appearances.
Old 12-Nov-20, 23:47
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I'd like to discuss this topic as well and hope it won't drop into the open war the other topic got to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-20, 01:04
Banned
Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13 Points: 1,101, Level: 13
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by _
Nobody is making more than a middle-class citizen with wrestling sessions
What do "the middle class" earn? And what are those earning below that? low class?

And how many hours a week do they work to earn it? (compared to the 5* 1hr sessions a week mentioned).

Bear in mind that if they choose to travel around the world to do business then they, like the "session wrestler", also have to pay for flights and hotels, and petroleum and trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _
I am sure there is a way to reuse the same clothes for every city for five years and stay in the rattiest of ratty motels to squeeze ever drop of profit out of your sessions. But, that tends to be a depressing way to do business (for wrestler AND client).
oh really?

Reusing the same clothes? So now a session wrestler travelling around the world, is a tramp with only one set of clothes? Actually even tramps have a bag with different clothes in there and a coin or two to use a laundrette.

And sessions i've done the woman has tended to be bikini at most.

And for many men if they go to a poor quality hotel and when getting to the room, or hotel, are greeted by a stunning woman(As expected and hoped for), then they're happy, it doesn't matter whether it's a 5* hotel or not.

Last edited by gorilla1; 13-Nov-20 at 01:16.
Old 13-Nov-20, 02:46
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What do "the middle class" earn? And what are those earning below that? low class?

And how many hours a week do they work to earn it? (compared to the 5* 1hr sessions a week mentioned).

Bear in mind that if they choose to travel around the world to do business then they, like the "session wrestler", also have to pay for flights and hotels, and petroleum and trains.

oh really?

Reusing the same clothes? So now a session wrestler travelling around the world, is a tramp with only one set of clothes? Actually even tramps have a bag with different clothes in there and a coin or two to use a laundrette.

And sessions i've done the woman has tended to be bikini at most.

And for many men if they go to a poor quality hotel and when getting to the room, or hotel, are greeted by a stunning woman(As expected and hoped for), then they're happy, it doesn't matter whether it's a 5* hotel or not.
I'm not the least bit bougie, but one of my all-time best sessions was in a hotel I would never have spent the night in. I would bet money that several guys could tell a similar story.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-20, 14:08
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
if they go to a poor quality hotel and when getting to the room, or hotel, are greeted by a stunning woman(As expected and hoped for), then they're happy, it doesn't matter whether it's a 5* hotel or not.
Yes. To a degree. The point Anat was making is they can't be too cheap on hotels as it's no fun for them or clients. You wouldn't necessarily go into an hotel in a dodgy part of town. I didn't go ahead with specific sessions in part because they locations were incredibly inconvenient ( e.g. on a work day for me, having to go out of my way 1.5hr to get there, and then back)
Old 13-Nov-20, 17:52
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Session wrestling is not a luxurious job. It's a tough job, not without dangers. It's a life full of injuries, not unlike the life of a pro-athlete. Majority of the wrestlers I know have found themselves in a threatening situation at least once, sexually, mentally or physically. In spite of this, brave women take on this journey, because that's what life requires from them. A woman can make enough to support herself, and if she's good, sometimes enough to support someone else. There are no rich session wrestlers. But we are all rich, because we have them.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post: