Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 10-Mar-20, 04:24
Points: 9,584, Level: 42 Points: 9,584, Level: 42 Points: 9,584, Level: 42
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

I doubt think too many people would doubt that on average a man hits harder. But a woman can hit hard enough. And the skill is in landing the hit
Old 10-Mar-20, 04:37
Producer
Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben88i9 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
regardless, Somchai Jaidee was a relatively unknown regional fighter, and he absorbed those strikes rather easily and then knocked her out. those same strikes from rjiker completely fuck up other world class females, but did very little damage to a regional unknown male.
Nah, she didn't really touch him with any power punches at all, but he touched her several times before the KO. The kickboxing aspect made it harder for me to judge the punches really well.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Mar-20, 06:24
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nah, she didn't really touch him with any power punches at all, but he touched her several times before the KO. The kickboxing aspect made it harder for me to judge the punches really well.
she connects with him several times and swings at him aggressively. regardless, on the YouTube experiment she is throwing a punch. these same punches were unable to hurt the guy. if she wasn't able to connect them, that shows a lack of speed.

basically she wasn't able to get anywhere close to a ko. this was an regional nobody who completely destroyed one of the best female strikers ever. he walked through her which requires a lot of durability. no other female opponent would dare to walk her down like that.

shes actually a kick boxer so she kicks better than she punches. but this guy knocked her out with a punch. hes a muay thai fighter, so his punches are a lot less proficient than that of an elite.male.boxer. it's interesting he knocks her out with a punch rather than a kick.

he is actually the only.person to defeat her. aside from.him.she is undefeated.

Last edited by Ben88i9; 10-Mar-20 at 06:54.
philla76

I've had some very fit fighting females punch me full force and hardly make me move. Out of shape guy give me one to the guts and puts me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxqaz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I doubt think too many people would doubt that on average a man hits harder. But a woman can hit hard enough. And the skill is in landing the hit
of course if she is trained she can . but an untrained woman doesn't have "skill".
Old 10-Mar-20, 06:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, but that' not my point. Not talking about making all things equal ("provided that both dudes lift"), because many times they are not, even between those of the same gender. My point was that "strength" is a very focused application. Has anyone ever pulled back a compound bow? It takes a very specific developed strength from a specific muscle group. You can take a big guy that can out-lift most of his peers and hand him the bow and watch him struggle because he hasn't developed the strength yet. Take a smaller guy that could never out-bench that bigger guy but has developed strength specific to that task. Take a ballerina, who can do some amazing feats of strength that a big powerlifter would struggle with. Add training and acquired skill to that and you mix it up even more. Again, these studies prove nothing about physiological differences we don't already know, especially in a vacuum where all other things are equal. Hence my struggle to find a point to the topic on a forum that celebrates the counter point. IDK, maybe I'm just taking crazy pills here.
except a compound bow is not really "functional" strength.

a male powelifter would completely destroy a smaller male.or female.ballerina (provided they're untrained). the only.type of strength they have that is more impressive is bodyweight fitness, which is something that can be relies.on endurance and other things.

Added after 17 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don’t think there’s any doubt there are facts behind the belief that the average man is stronger than the average woman and that it’s appropriate to have separate divisions. More of the debate comes from the guys who don’t want to admit that any woman can be stronger than any man, or that any woman can be stronger than they are.

I’ve always been considered weak, skinny, and so on for a guy and I legitimately lost in wrestling to girls over the years. But the girls who beat me were always universally considered strong, usually heavier than me, and were tomboys, athletes etc. Even then, I still usually won in arm wrestling.
im around 6"0 and 175lbs. ive wrestled my friend before who was 5"9 and 170lbs, she was a high level swimmer and played handball.. I easily.beat her

ive had the privilege to wrestle my female friends. none of them are trained however.

Last edited by Ben88i9; 10-Mar-20 at 06:49.
Old 10-Mar-20, 11:12
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, but that' not my point. Not talking about making all things equal ("provided that both dudes lift"), because many times they are not, even between those of the same gender. My point was that "strength" is a very focused application. Has anyone ever pulled back a compound bow? It takes a very specific developed strength from a specific muscle group. You can take a big guy that can out-lift most of his peers and hand him the bow and watch him struggle because he hasn't developed the strength yet. Take a smaller guy that could never out-bench that bigger guy but has developed strength specific to that task. Take a ballerina, who can do some amazing feats of strength that a big powerlifter would struggle with. Add training and acquired skill to that and you mix it up even more. Again, these studies prove nothing about physiological differences we don't already know, especially in a vacuum where all other things are equal. Hence my struggle to find a point to the topic on a forum that celebrates the counter point. IDK, maybe I'm just taking crazy pills here.
Or cock a cross bow, me and a friend (he’s 6’3” 240lbs) recently tried and it damn near killed us. Same is true for sports stamina, I had an out of shape friend who was a former competitive tennis player, on the tennis court he could absolutely wear out people in much better shape than he was. Always amazed him.

Ultimately, I think we can split this forum into two categories. Guys who have been legitimately overpowered by women and hopefully (definitely in my case) enjoyed it tremendously. And then you have the true badasses, that would never lose to a woman, no chance of it ;-)

Intuition tells me the latter group tend to be the younger fellas, who still believe they have a lot to prove to the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stirlingbloomingdale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Mar-20, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingbloomingdale [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Or cock a cross bow, me and a friend (he’s 6’3” 240lbs) recently tried and it damn near killed us. Same is true for sports stamina, I had an out of shape friend who was a former competitive tennis player, on the tennis court he could absolutely wear out people in much better shape than he was. Always amazed him.

Ultimately, I think we can split this forum into two categories. Guys who have been legitimately overpowered by women and hopefully (definitely in my case) enjoyed it tremendously. And then you have the true badasses, that would never lose to a woman, no chance of it ;-)

Intuition tells me the latter group tend to be the younger fellas, who still believe they have a lot to prove to the world.
of course a tennis player is going to whoop non tennis players at tennis. That's like saying water is wet lol.

Ive wrestled my female friends who have been very athletic. Some even competed. Swimmers, gymnasts, tennis players, volleyball players etc. I won easily every time.

Biggest one I wrestled, she was 5"9 and 170lbs and a competitive swimmer. Im 6"0 and 175lbs. I won easily.

now if she was trained, no doubt id lose. But every time ive wrestled my athletic female friends, some of which who went pro in certain sports, i won every time. im surprised at how easily i did it too.
Old 10-Mar-20, 11:45
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben88i9 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
of course a tennis player is going to whoop non tennis players at tennis. That's like saying water is wet lol.

Ive wrestled my female friends who have been very athletic. Some even competed. Swimmers, gymnasts, tennis players, volleyball players etc. I won easily every time.

Biggest one I wrestled, she was 5"9 and 170lbs and a competitive swimmer. Im 6"0 and 175lbs. I won easily.

now if she was trained, no doubt id lose. But every time ive wrestled my athletic female friends, some of which who went pro in certain sports, i won every time. im surprised at how easily i did it too.
#badass
Old 10-Mar-20, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingbloomingdale [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
#badass
not a badass.

just my personal experiences. ive had the privilege to wrestle many of my athlete and athletic female friends but ive never lost or struggled much. swimmers, volleyball players, gymnasts etc.

no doubt if any of them were proficient trained, I'd lose. but i haven't had that opportunity yet.