Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Aug-20, 02:22
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,247 Times in 493 Posts
Default Re: Is Absolute Mixed Wrestling real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooler_moosh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have seen a great many of them matches, and can honestly say at least to my eye, they are pretty authentic and competitive. The spolier is the owner and the guy in the mask, he does try and the wrestlling and grappling style of the videos he makes seem to be the best around if you want some legit wrestling.

You have to give the ladies some credit too, they are pretty awesome in their own right.

Like to see some of the keyboard warriors taking these ladies on and then debating after how competitive they were
Someone like Sheena would destroy me, but I’m not a 6’4, 225 pound 26-year-old. There are clearly moments in her match against the Spoiler when he doesn’t take an advantage or try to get out of a position. Doesn’t mean I’m ragging on the women or saying their videos suck. They’re clearly MORE competitive than much of the stuff out there. But the OP was as asking about the level of competitiveness, and I tried to give an honest answer. I’m not one of these guys who foolishly doesn’t believe women can beat men. Of course they can. Whether they can beat a guy as big and capable as someone like the Spoiler is another question.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brsimmons For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Aug-20, 03:22
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you have seen them?
I tought you haven't too and you were just going by the premises, eg. "it must be fake since a male bodybuilder and BJJ purple belt can't lose against a girl", I'm sorry.
Yes, I have.
Old 25-Aug-20, 18:25
Points: 7,654, Level: 37 Points: 7,654, Level: 37 Points: 7,654, Level: 37
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm also of the impression that it would be quite uncommon for a legitimately strong, 230lbs male BJJ purple belt to be squarely beaten by a woman, yet this guy's record is apparently a paltry 15-11.

What are people's thoughts? Am I just in denial (again...)?

Also, does anyone else think they might sell way more videos if they sold each fall as a separate clip for less money, rather than only full-length, $30 matches?
So I've purchased a number of their videos. I appreciate more truly competitive contests.

To your point, which I quoted, watch the videos with Razor vs Veve. The dude is big bulky but doens't have skill or stamina. Veve eats the dude for breakfast. It's a site to see. There's another video with Razor against another smaller woman. She's not as skilled as Veve and Razor tosses her around like a brute. Kind of shocking to me actually. I don't think either scored a submission against each other.

I have two videos with Rapture and another with Megan Jones. They all seem pretty legit.
Old 25-Aug-20, 18:51
Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,966 Times in 332 Posts

I think what goes on, on them mats is two people really going for it. Some wrestlers are better than others. Of course they are and Im not bigging up this producer and i dont work for him, but i enjoy he's work and follow closely what he puts up for sale.

All i see is from at least the matches i have, they are pretty fucking intense. If the spoiler, black widow, raven or megan jones are in the videos then i know im going to see a real proper wrestling match
The Following User Says Thank You to mooler_moosh For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Aug-20, 19:50
Points: 7,301, Level: 36 Points: 7,301, Level: 36 Points: 7,301, Level: 36
Last Achievements

What 4 ladies did you wrestle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenron [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I haven't seen quite as many but I do agree with much of what was said here. They seem pretty authentic. I think out of the 6 or 7 I've seen, in only one it look led like the guy wasn't really trying. Now I'm not saying they were all fully competitive either. But a damn solid hard semi comp. And considering a lot of other companies mixed videos look like the guy isn't really trying, having a high percentage where they are giving a damn good effort makes this company much better than most.

If for no other proof in the amw vids I've seen both the male and female are usually covered in sweat, Grunting and groaning and making other painful noises, short of breath, and their muscles look all pumped and strained thruout. It's kind of hard to fake that if you're just being a jobber or it's a scripted match.

And I have wrestled a couple of the girls in the amw videos. And I actually am an acquaintance with a guy who's wrestled a couple others. And all four of those girls are legit I can vouch for their skills and talents
Old 25-Aug-20, 22:01
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
To your point, which I quoted, watch the videos with Razor vs Veve. The dude is big bulky but doens't have skill or stamina. Veve eats the dude for breakfast. It's a site to see.
I'm skeptical, but I'd like to see that. Razor looks strong, but doesn't appear to be in very good shape. I'd be especially curious to see how the first couple minutes of that match played out. I have little doubt that a smaller woman with great conditioning could easily outlast a big out of shape guy in a 25 minute match. I'm a bigger guy than Razor, but if I were to go against Veve Lane, I'm sure that after 25 minutes I'd be so tired that she could probably push me over with one hand. But in those first couple minutes, no way I'm losing that!
Old 26-Aug-20, 00:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Maybe Mr. Spoiler does something like go on a bender or 1000 pushups before his matches
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Aug-20, 04:52
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So I've purchased a number of their videos. I appreciate more truly competitive contests.

To your point, which I quoted, watch the videos with Razor vs Veve. The dude is big bulky but doens't have skill or stamina. Veve eats the dude for breakfast. It's a site to see. There's another video with Razor against another smaller woman. She's not as skilled as Veve and Razor tosses her around like a brute. Kind of shocking to me actually. I don't think either scored a submission against each other.

I have two videos with Rapture and another with Megan Jones. They all seem pretty legit.
Veve went from submission to submission without stopping or going back to the starting postion? You call that competitive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm skeptical, but I'd like to see that. Razor looks strong, but doesn't appear to be in very good shape. I'd be especially curious to see how the first couple minutes of that match played out. I have little doubt that a smaller woman with great conditioning could easily outlast a big out of shape guy in a 25 minute match. I'm a bigger guy than Razor, but if I were to go against Veve Lane, I'm sure that after 25 minutes I'd be so tired that she could probably push me over with one hand. But in those first couple minutes, no way I'm losing that!
What happened to "I don't submit to women"? 😂
Old 26-Aug-20, 11:07
Points: 2,348, Level: 19 Points: 2,348, Level: 19 Points: 2,348, Level: 19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo33 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What 4 ladies did you wrestle?
I saw Red Diamond a handful of years back when she came to the states. And Rapture way back when we were both youngsters lol.

The guy that I know has wrestled Ava and Maria Queen.

Last edited by glenron; 26-Aug-20 at 11:15. Reason: Sp
The Following User Says Thank You to glenron For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Aug-20, 14:59
Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,590 Times in 580 Posts

I've been a long time fan and purchased many of Absolute's videos. As one of the previous posters mentioned the sweat, struggle and intensity of the holds is what hooks me. I have doubts sometimes if the competitors are going all out (mostly the Spoiler because the dude is huge), but the pressure applied in the holds is real and the tapouts are legitimate.

My one hope is that they could maybe get a hold of some larger, skilled women. It would be awesome if they could get someone like Goddess Severa to unleash her skills on the mat.
Old 27-Aug-20, 00:05
glenron
This message has been deleted by glenron.