Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Jan-21, 16:52
Points: 2,711, Level: 21 Points: 2,711, Level: 21 Points: 2,711, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Facesit Health and Safety in sessions

Hey y'all, I've been here for a while and wanted to talk about something I haven't really seen brought up. I feel like a thread about health and safety in sessions could be beneficial to the community, especially for newbies. I myself could use some clarification on certain things.

To start, I understand that there are risks with any physical activity regardless of what it is, but it occurs to me that there is a lot unclear about what to do and what to avoid in mixed wrestling sessions.

I've been doing sessions with my wife for about 5 years now and one thing that has always haunted me is the possibility of serious injury or death. The possibility of brain damage due to restricted bloodflow to the brain after repeated squeezes, the chance of cracking or breaking something during a butt drop session, suffocation from facesitting, loss of hearing due to damage to ears from headscissors, (my ears turn into goddamn suction cups) all of these are obviously risky and I was wondering if anyone has experience or even desire to mitigate risks.

Obviously a big part of the experience IS the risk itself and the obvious answer is to take it easy or fake it. My question is, in all of the videos we watch, how much is real and how much is fake? Clearly some of the competitive videos are real, but some roleplay videos make me question if these guys are just really selling it or if they are actually enduring serious physical harm.

For me personally I really like the domination roleplay aspect, and don't really get into anything competitive, so basically its just my wife doing her thing on me. My problem is i've never done a professional session with an actual session girl, so I have no idea how far to take it and not risk permanent damage.

It would be nice to get some responses on whether or not people have actually sustained serious injuries and if its better to just play the role or just endure it. I know the human body can take some hits, but I also don't want to explain to the hospital that my nose is broken because my wife dropped her ass on my face from 4 feet up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Femwrestlingbruh For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jan-21, 00:01
Points: 36,201, Level: 83 Points: 36,201, Level: 83 Points: 36,201, Level: 83
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,950 Times in 318 Posts
Default Re: Health and Safety in sessions

Then tell them someone punched you in the face instead

No I mean seriously, I don't get some of the parts of your post, like why would you need to specify that your wife broke your nose like that?

Anyway, my 2cents as a non-doctor, non-expert: always be careful when it comes to the neck and when it comes to being knocked out.

The neck is possibly the single most fragile part of the human body and the most dangerous one to break. Personally I think in some videos they take it too far in terms of the pressure they put on the guys neck. I would suggets you not to exaggerate with the amount of pressure and the amount of time you spend being scissored or similar things.

Personally, I never got knocked out. I don't want to do it, 'cause from the information I gather, it's an unhealthy and dangerous thing to do, period. Sure, the vast majority of knockouts have no immediate consequences. But it's also the long term effects. I know there are people who find it super exciting and do it all the time with little consequence. Well, a lot of people smoke all of their lives with little or no consquence, but smoking is still the leading cause of death in many developed countries. So just because many people do it, it doesn't mean it's safe/a good idea.

In my case, I get excited if the woman controls my access to air during a session, but I don't feel any need to actually get knocked out. All I need is to feel she's in control and then lets me breath again, and I don't need to push it further, I'm happy like that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BSF For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jan-21, 02:19
saito

I’m not sure I’ll ever understand these types of threads, but I’ll attempt to provide what information I can. I trained for years in Catch As Catch Can(wrestling), wrestled in HS, and competed in grappling competitions. The truth is, only -you- know your body and what you can take. You can hyperextend your Achilles by stepping out of bed, incorrectly. That’s just reality. If it seems like a bad idea(I.E., taking butt drops from a height of 4’), it comes with a risk, and if you don’t want to explain it at the ER, you have options: Do it and don’t explain, do it and explain, or conceptualize a safer way, avoiding that scenario, all together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jan-21, 06:03
Points: 15,035, Level: 53 Points: 15,035, Level: 53 Points: 15,035, Level: 53
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,907 Times in 421 Posts

Not sure why these responses start with ribbing this guy questioning his very reasonable question about safety from some experienced sessioners. I would agree you have to know your limits and if you don’t know them and depending on your age ... you probably shouldn’t push it. We get older .. we lose flexibility.. our joints and cartilage wears down less durable.
It depends on the experience of the session wrestler. Safe bets are Jennifer Thomas .. robin ... rapture well known ladies with lots of experience that would know how to read you and know how to treat someone green so to speak. But stay away from joint locks you don’t want some girl off the street putting you in a arm bar or something that’s for sure !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jwo321 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jan-21, 08:04
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts

The nose injury is more common than you think, especially in winter if there is snow/ice outside.

Usually, people also damage themselves in many different and very creative ways, and they do it for fun and pleasure.

If you want to feel safe about any sort of risky behavior you 'd better spend some time thinking about the risks it involves, and studying them, than choosing which of them you find acceptable, and which of those are unacceptable for you.
Than wage the benefits versus the risks.

I wish you luck and wisdom in your future life as an responsible mixed wrestling/fighting individual to another!
Old 28-Jan-21, 15:45
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

I think it’s a very valid thread, though I’m not sure if it will ever be useful as some guys here have a fetish that is not only extreme but in some cases ends in death.
So not sure where we go with that, personally I’m not into the extreme end so no need for much H&S
The Following User Says Thank You to james For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jan-21, 03:27
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Femwrestlingbruh you have no problem. If you end up in the hospital you just have to explain, if you can still talk. I've told this story before, so don't read It if you've already done so.

A big woman crushed my ribcage in a bodyscissors, and I didn't tap quickly enough. The next day I thought I had broken ribs. So I went to see my doctor. He asked, "So how did this happen? Fighting or fucking?"

"Um," I answered. "The second one..."

Turns out it was just damaged cartilage. The point of the story is tap when you're in trouble, and tell the health professionals what they need to know so they can help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazycrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jan-21, 18:28
Points: 2,711, Level: 21 Points: 2,711, Level: 21 Points: 2,711, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycrazy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Femwrestlingbruh you have no problem. If you end up in the hospital you just have to explain, if you can still talk. I've told this story before, so don't read It if you've already done so.

A big woman crushed my ribcage in a bodyscissors, and I didn't tap quickly enough. The next day I thought I had broken ribs. So I went to see my doctor. He asked, "So how did this happen? Fighting or fucking?"

"Um," I answered. "The second one..."

Turns out it was just damaged cartilage. The point of the story is tap when you're in trouble, and tell the health professionals what they need to know so they can help you.
I think a lot of people misunderstood my reason for posting. I don't think I'll ever be in a situation where I end up in a hospital, and if I did I would probably just lie like you said. I honestly just wanted to open up a dialogue on this because I can't find a single thread anywhere on the internet that explains safety. Like I said I've been doing this for a few years so I'm pretty sure I have a decent handle on things, I'd say this is more for beginngers who don't want their girlfriends to accidentally snap their necks from going too hard.

For all I know the guys over at scissorvixens are purposely making things look way more painful than they are, overacting, playing a role etc. It's entirely possible that there are some people out there that just like the fantasy of *pretending* they are in pain and not actually being in pain. For me its a little bit of both.
Old 07-Feb-21, 04:27
Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femwrestlingbruh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
For all I know the guys over at scissorvixens are purposely making things look way more painful than they are, overacting, playing a role etc.
The genre has kinda earned that rep, particularly so with the old VHS scripted stuff from the '90s/early Oughties. There have been quite a few videos Bill Wick and his associates were attached to that were flat-out hilarious because of it.
Old 07-Feb-21, 15:53
Points: 2,188, Level: 19 Points: 2,188, Level: 19 Points: 2,188, Level: 19
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

For health and safety items, it is all about open and honest dialogue.

From my first session I have made it a point to do no KO's due to previous head injuries. I am up front about it and every woman I have seen said it was no problem. The closest I have ever been to going out was with Goddess Nadia last November, she felt me going out and stopped as it hit fast enough I really didn't get a chance to tap. If they are aware they are good at catching it. I will only session with women that I feel I can trust.

I have had shoulder issues all my adult life, and I just found out this last Wednesday I have a partial tear in my rotator cuff, but I had long anticipated meeting with Ava Simone Thursday night. I kept the appointment and discussed with her as we started and she was great about avoiding doing too much with my right shoulder. And I had a BLAST with her.

Health and safety stuff is all about being aware of potential issues, discussing the fears and working with someone you can trust.

Tags
facesitting, headscissors, mixed, scissors, sessions, wrestling