Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 26-Oct-20, 21:53
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I see and understand your point. And itīs true this does work is some cases, may be in more than I would imagine, and may be for some session wrestlers who really donīt get much work.
For those that have enough business, I donīt think so. May be they can also earn more, but would have to work much more.

No shows are indeed a problem,like you write even for well known girls. Do you believe itīs only because of the price ? I think most of those guys (as well as time wasters via mail) never intend to do a session. May be some would at 100 (?)...but going down from 400 to 100 is hardly an option for any of the girls.
Dropping rates from $400 to $100 would be nonsensical. Dropping from $400 to $350 or even $300, though? That's not outlandish. That would be enough of a discount to attract more potential clients.

I imagine that the guys who never intend to do a session and just get off on talking to these girls about their kinks probably never put down a deposit in the first place. Or if they do, it's only like $50 -- which isn't the end of the world to lose. I can't imagine anybody putting down $200 as a deposit and then not showing up. Or if that does happen, it's gotta be rare.

As for the guys who pull no-shows, I can imagine various reasons:

1) Wife/Girlfriend got suspicious or found out he was seeing a session wrestler
2) He was forced to work late and not only couldn't get out of it, but wasn't going to use his work computer or his work place's internet server to e-mail the session wrestler with an explanation
3) Something unexpected happened that required immediate attention (flat tire, overflowing toilet, family member emergency, stuck with the kids last minute, etc...)
4) He was really nervous right before it and got too scared to show up
5) He was really excited before it and jerked off, making him no longer aroused.
6) He started to wonder if the remaining $200-400 owed for the session was really worth it or not, and decided it wasn't.

I'm just making these up off the top of my head, honestly. Could be any or none of these.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 15:14
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ours01 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
ARE YOU COMMUNIST. DO YOU WANT PLANNED ECONOMY??? .........Robery or Sharkcapitalsim is when rich people shoot out people from their entreprise NOT for saving their entreprise but for satisfying an encreasing greed!

It does not surprise me that a swiss guy appreciates higher fees and calls out guys who dont agree with him communists.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 18:38
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Dropping rates from $400 to $100 would be nonsensical. Dropping from $400 to $350 or even $300, though? That's not outlandish. That would be enough of a discount to attract more potential clients.

I imagine that the guys who never intend to do a session and just get off on talking to these girls about their kinks probably never put down a deposit in the first place. Or if they do, it's only like $50 -- which isn't the end of the world to lose. I can't imagine anybody putting down $200 as a deposit and then not showing up. Or if that does happen, it's gotta be rare.

As for the guys who pull no-shows, I can imagine various reasons:

1) Wife/Girlfriend got suspicious or found out he was seeing a session wrestler
2) He was forced to work late and not only couldn't get out of it, but wasn't going to use his work computer or his work place's internet server to e-mail the session wrestler with an explanation
3) Something unexpected happened that required immediate attention (flat tire, overflowing toilet, family member emergency, stuck with the kids last minute, etc...)
4) He was really nervous right before it and got too scared to show up
5) He was really excited before it and jerked off, making him no longer aroused.
6) He started to wonder if the remaining $200-400 owed for the session was really worth it or not, and decided it wasn't.

I'm just making these up off the top of my head, honestly. Could be any or none of these.
Of course I know that $100 is no option, I wanted to point out that may be at this price some of the time wasters would do a session.

A drop to $350 would IMO not have any positive affect, or would you decide to not do a session you are really interested in because itīs $400 instead of 350 ? $300 could encourage more people to do sessions indeed. The question is would it be worth it ?
Someone who does 10 sessions a month would have to do 13-14 to get the same money, and only get more money at 15...implying 50% more work to do, for a little gain. If she gets 20 instead of 10 then itīs 50% more money for 100% more work. Would she get that much more sessions by lowering her rate at 300 ? Is she willing to to double the number of sessions (including also more risk of injury) ? May be it could work for some. For those getting enough sessions I donīt think it would be worth.

Anybody not doing a session after a 200 Dollar deposit could very well be one of the reasons you list. Should there really be many like that ? For 50 ok you can decide to skip it, but for 200 ? I would guess itīs rather an exeption ?

For others with no deposit, it is my believe that there are quite some who never really intended to do the session.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juvi For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 18:59
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A drop to $350 would IMO not have any positive affect, or would you decide to not do a session you are really interested in because itīs $400 instead of 350 ?
Humans are hard to predict. I've seen people put in a surprising amount of effort to save $10. Usually these things are not for luxury experiences like this... but people also buy $1000 iPhones every year on credit. One of the guys in this thread said he'd rather do a $350 session (or maybe $300, can't remember exactly) while worrying about parking/traffic, getting there at the exact time, and potentially running into the person before/after from back-to-backs than a $400 session where you're comfortable and not worrying about anything.

But honestly, not everyone wants to maximize income. A lot of people are happy with pretty good income with a comfortable lifestyle. I had the opportunity to move to a somewhat more expensive city, very loud/fast/stressful city, working probably 50% more at a very high-stress job, for probably 60% or so more income. I could have saved a lot more money, but not worth it to me.

People have many priorities, each with different weights. I suspect there are a lot of session girls who would be very happy doing 20 sessions a month and living their life.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 19:14
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Well, just as one can say "what if they only get 2-3 more clients/month from a lower rate?" -- one can also say: "What if they get twice as many clients as they did before?"

I mean, I lowered my price by 25% and I did end up getting twice as many clients, so it's obviously not impossible. And honestly, a 25% decrease would be dropping to $300/hr from $400/hr.

Regarding the price for the client side -- yeah, I'd be much more willing to do it for $350 than $400 as I find that rate more reasonable. I find it's worth it to not feel overcharged.

Added after 8 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I suspect there are a lot of session girls who would be very happy doing 20 sessions a month and living their life.
Definitely possible. For those who are already making bank, yeah, there's no reason to change a thing. $400/hr 20x/month is $8000/month, which is $96k/year. I can't imagine most are getting 240/sessions per year, though.

From what I've read, it sounds like many are struggling to get even 10/month. But I have no idea. It would great if a few session wrestlers could chime in on this. Otherwise, we're all just speculating.

Last edited by mark.johnson21; 27-Oct-20 at 19:14.
Old 27-Oct-20, 19:31
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, just as one can say "what if they only get 2-3 more clients/month from a lower rate?" -- one can also say: "What if they get twice as many clients as they did before?"

I mean, I lowered my price by 25% and I did end up getting twice as many clients, so it's obviously not impossible. And honestly, a 25% decrease would be dropping to $300/hr from $400/hr.

Regarding the price for the client side -- yeah, I'd be much more willing to do it for $350 than $400 as I find that rate more reasonable. I find it's worth it to not feel overcharged.

Added after 8 minutes:

Definitely possible. For those who are already making bank, yeah, there's no reason to change a thing. $400/hr 20x/month is $8000/month, which is $96k/year. I can't imagine most are getting 240/sessions per year, though.

From what I've read, it sounds like many are struggling to get even 10/month. But I have no idea. It would great if a few session wrestlers could chime in on this. Otherwise, we're all just speculating.
I'm bored of thw whinging & moaning on this thread but i enjoy the economics...

Two concepts that you've raised in your personal examples.

-Price elasticity of demand.. In you trade a 25% rate cut can massively increase work.. Clearly there is benefits to be active and out doing jobs and getting further referrals than sitting home watching tv half the week.
Its hard for us to assess the price elasticity of demand for session wrestling as we have no market data..
We would need a samplle session girls to do some market testing for us
Even then its still patchy as will depend on city, popularity of girl etc.

- The other concept you rise is charging different prices across the market spectrum for virtually the same product to maximise revenue from each customer. Some service businesses and retailers do this very well with brand heirachies , and platinum vs gold vs silver service offeting etc
I imagine session wrestlers do this a little where they can and thats why most avoid publically listing formal prices.
But they definitely avoid making any lower rates they might offer now and then known to their other customers who are happy to pay more.. This is partly why you wont have a wrestler come out and announce on twitter that her rate is now reduced to $300 for all from $400... If shes smart she already has a bit of variability going on and informal tips that become expected part of rate with some customers...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 19:33
Last Achievements

Beyond the complaints about prices for 40+ pages here, I don't think it's appropriate to ask session wrestlers come here and tell us how much they make.

They don't need to know how much you make either. I was just making up numbers with that 20, total hypothetical, the point is money isn't everything. Hopefully I don't regret writing that sentence for the next 20 pages.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 21:07
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Beyond the complaints about prices for 40+ pages here, I don't think it's appropriate to ask session wrestlers come here and tell us how much they make.

They don't need to know how much you make either. I was just making up numbers with that 20, total hypothetical, the point is money isn't everything. Hopefully I don't regret writing that sentence for the next 20 pages.
My point is that we dont have any market data and are all just guessimg on much of this.
I'm not seriously suggesting we get a pool of wrestlers to come on and do a series of market trsting and announce it on here.
Its purely a hypothetical point. Perhaps beyond your vomprehension??
But there are too many idiots like you on here itching to take offence at every little thing...
Old 27-Oct-20, 21:13
Last Achievements

I wasn't responding to you, nor are your arguments improved by name-calling. We don't need to know what their incomes are. When you go to a furniture store, or your dentist's office, do you start trying to calculate how much money they make, or just pay them for their products/services and move on with your life?

I wasn't intending to speculate on how much they make, simple making the point, with a random number chosen, that some people prefer to make pretty good money (which is a different number for different people) and a low-key life vs. maximizing income to the exclusion of all else.

edit: the guy who made the OP in this post and hasn't been here since May 20 is the true hero. LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-20, 21:37
Last Achievements

Quote:
I wasn't responding to you, nor are your arguments improved by name-calling. We don't need to know what their incomes are. When you go to a furniture store, or your dentist's office, do you start trying to calculate how much money they make, or just pay them for their products/services and move on with your life?

I wasn't intending to speculate on how much they make, simple making the point, with a random number chosen, that some people prefer to make pretty good money (which is a different number for different people) and a low-key life vs. maximizing income to the exclusion of all else.

edit: the guy who made the OP in this post and hasn't been here since May 20 is the true hero. LOL.
Your post came directly after mine so appeared to be directed at mine.
If not then fine.
I'm not makimg any 'arguments' as you put it.
Just commenting on economic theory of price elasticity, which i thought was pretty neutral in terms of the topic
But feel free to continue being the serial offended...
I wont waste any more time on it.
Closed Thread