Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 03-Oct-20, 23:42
Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

As a customer it is hard to make sense of the pricing. Once a wrestler puts her fee over £150 i am out. In the UK the few girls that are doing sessions are getting hardly any sessions, due to the astronomical, unrealistic prices they are charging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markuk1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-20, 23:50
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

That's the thing.

In the UK sessions range from 175 to 350. Never heard anyone charging more than that except perhaps some American superstars. Most charge 250.
Yet, without mentioning names one wrestler is always booked solid with sessions at 300( unless of course she lies about it ). She reserves a couple of days a month, does all the sessions in those days.
What incentive does she have to lower the rates?

Its the old supply and demand. People are paying these rates.

Only 2 things we can do to lower them
1) politely decline the session on the basis of price, sending a clear message
2) convince more girls to get into the scene. They charge a lot cause they're rare.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 00:38
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

The thing I like most about threads like this, yes believe it or not this is not the only time this subject has ever come up, is the brilliant lightbulb observations about the session market. Trust me, guys, they have thought of this stuff, they know the rate most other ladies charge. If they really wanted to book 10 sessions a day and have 30 new customers appearing every week, they would lower their prices, they all have seen a demand curve or at least understand how it works because it is obvious how it works. Also remember that part and parcel with this is the fact that her price is itself a screen, by setting her rate she is filtering out those who don't value a session with her enough to pay it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 02:58
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Trust me, guys, they have thought of this stuff, they know the rate most other ladies charge. If they really wanted to book 10 sessions a day and have 30 new customers appearing every week, they would lower their prices, they all have seen a demand curve or at least understand how it works because it is obvious how it works.
Do you have evidence of this? You're more of a seasoned session veteran than I am, but my observation has generally been that for many women, this is just a part-time gig for supplemental income. I'd be surprised if it were a universal practice for session wrestlers to be doing market research, analyzing data, trends etc related to this stuff. The majority of them from what I've seen don't even have websites or any kind of a nuanced pricing structure. Not saying they aren't capable, but my feeling is that this is still a fairly immature market with a lot of room for growth and improvement.

To be clear, I'm not referring to mixed wrestling in general, or things like clip stores and video sales, just the practice of offering sessions.
Old 04-Oct-20, 05:12
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutpunch [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Its not a bitter complaint that they are making money at all. Read my point more clearer. It's a stance that I have because they are making it harder and harder for me to give them my money. Don't you see it.
As a custom video buyer and a sponsor of female wrestler for over 30 years I feel that I am now in the same boat as you guys.
And I have a right to be a upset customer. BUT I am still a CUSTOMER.
The money hungry culture that is in the session world has dripped down onto the custom video culture. The sessions have gone up. The customs have gone up in price. And since we are disposable, They can make me a crappy custom and not worry about if I am unsatisfied with it or not because there will be another guy around the corner willing to take my place at giving them money.
All I ask if fairness. I ask that You, me, and everyone else get a good product at a fair price so that everyone is happy.
Until that happens, I am going to continue getting non wrestling companies to make my wrestling videos.
But my question to the wrestlers is ''why would you want the non wrestling producers to take your money?''
Yes, it's a bitter complaint. It's a sense of entitlement, whatever you want to call it.

One thing I mentioned, and boyofwinter was more explicit about it, her price is a useful filter.

I would honestly just do fewer sessions at a higher price point, or work on increasing income, or cut certain other purchases out of your life. Or leave the session scene and focus on other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you have evidence of this? You're more of a seasoned session veteran than I am, but my observation has generally been that for many women, this is just a part-time gig for supplemental income. I'd be surprised if it were a universal practice for session wrestlers to be doing market research, analyzing data, trends etc related to this stuff. The majority of them from what I've seen don't even have websites or any kind of a nuanced pricing structure. Not saying they aren't capable, but my feeling is that this is still a fairly immature market with a lot of room for growth and improvement.

To be clear, I'm not referring to mixed wrestling in general, or things like clip stores and video sales, just the practice of offering sessions.
When a girl enters the scene, she doesn't usually just enter from the dark. She knows someone, a friend, and asks around what the typical fees are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 07:43
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhwasser [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's the thing.

In the UK sessions range from 175 to 350. Never heard anyone charging more than that except perhaps some American superstars. Most charge 250.
Yet, without mentioning names one wrestler is always booked solid with sessions at 300( unless of course she lies about it ). She reserves a couple of days a month, does all the sessions in those days.
What incentive does she have to lower the rates?

Its the old supply and demand. People are paying these rates.

Only 2 things we can do to lower them
1) politely decline the session on the basis of price, sending a clear message
2) convince more girls to get into the scene. They charge a lot cause they're rare.
Interesting range on your UK prices.
ALL my sessions wirh UK based wrestlets in recent years have been in the £100 to £180 range.
The £100s have been special offer prices, regular ranges £140 to £180.
For travelling European wrestlers its been £160 to £250 range.
USA travellers more £220-250 range, although i've only arely met a USA girl here.
Intrigued by your £250 average.
I was quoted £350 but as you suggested, politely declined citing that if i could have great sessions at £150-£180 why would i pay £350...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blockernz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-20, 07:55
Points: 2,187, Level: 19 Points: 2,187, Level: 19 Points: 2,187, Level: 19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuk1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As a customer it is hard to make sense of the pricing. Once a wrestler puts her fee over £150 i am out. In the UK the few girls that are doing sessions are getting hardly any sessions, due to the astronomical, unrealistic prices they are charging.
I agree, the girls enjoy it just as much anyway, perhaps they could pay us instead
Old 04-Oct-20, 09:42
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I get 2.500 Euro at my work in a month. That is ~ 115 Euro per working-day on ~ 22 working-days per months.
Maybe now you understand why I am so fuming meanwhile why the session-ladies show Zero respect to me who paid ~ 70.000 Euro for wrestling in my 16 years in this scene. Many of the session-ladies and of course all the studio-owner earned more than 1,000 Euro each from me.
I think most of us have “normal“ jobs with normal salary, and don“t make anything close to 200 Euro an hour ...we have to work 1-3 days for 1 session. When I was younger I was thinking like that...nowadays I am just glad to have sessions.

What kind of respect you want that you don“t get ?
Most girls I met several times have always been very respectful to me.
What exactly do you expect for the 1.000 Euro you paid ? You paid for sessions and you got them.
Old 04-Oct-20, 09:48
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
ALL my sessions wirh UK based wrestlets in recent years have been in the £100 to £180 range.
The £100s have been special offer prices
How many years ago has that been?

Or if that was recently in 2019, why did I never see such an offer?
Old 04-Oct-20, 10:06
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How many years ago has that been?

Or if that was recently in 2019, why did I never see such an offer?
Indeed, it would have been back around 2016-2017 for those one off promotional offers and it did involve booking a block of sessions.
Prefer not to name names on any of the pricing points i refer to..
But as you know Pippa Livinn event weekend 1 hour session pricing is £140...(£150 hr at other times)
You would also recognise £150-180 as the most regular London rates.
Closed Thread