Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 31-Oct-18, 19:36
Points: 4,124, Level: 27 Points: 4,124, Level: 27 Points: 4,124, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Safety tips?

So not the most exciting topic but could be important.
Looking for general safety tips. Anything that you'd consider helpful to know, either in terms of dealing with something or prevention.

Reading up, I've seen things on knockouts and how they're not dangerous, or how smother knockouts should be avoided, and that's all great advice.

This thread I was thinking is more for what to do in case of knockout, or even tips for preventing one, or even how to avoid certain injuries.

I ask cause I'm lucky to be with someone who is interested, and in trying it out one time, did a fair number on my ribs. Personally, I thought it was great But she was worried about causing injury so I said I'd research.

Some things we found:
Safe word / sign is a must, has really helped
Agreeing on what's ok and not. Literally just explaining what moves and how far is acceptable, so like I love her bodyscissor but we agree until we know what to do in a ko, she's not doing Max squeeze

So, what advice do people have? Should certain moves be avoided?what do you do in case of a ko? Is it safe to continue after one?
Old 01-Nov-18, 02:39
BJJBlondeLover

Default Re: Safety tips?

as for as avoiding certain moves, be very careful with joint manipulations liek the armbar. a girlfriend i used to be crazy about wrestling with hyperextended it several times and put me out of work for weeks. if you're going to use it, make sure the other person knows what theyre doing

blood chokes are obviously inherently dangeorus, so be conservative. it can be safe to continue after a KO, it just depends on the person