Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Mar-20, 04:52
Points: 2,645, Level: 21 Points: 2,645, Level: 21 Points: 2,645, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Dez Desire reviews

Dez is truly a fun and great wrestler! She also is excellent for lift and carry sessions! Very strong and skilled but even a greater and nicer person! A must see you won't be disappointed!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jabymale For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Jul-20, 16:17
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I am a taller guy a little over 6’ and I just love it when women put me in a grapevine hold. Being a taller it’s hard for shorter women to slap a grapevine on me. With Dez being 5’10” she should be able to crush me with a grapevine hold. Has she used this hold in any of her her sessions ? If so is she skilled at it, a few women I have sessioned with claimed to be great at it and then when you wrestle them you learn that their grapevine is rather weak.
Old 02-Jul-20, 16:26
Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am a taller guy a little over 6’ and I just love it when women put me in a grapevine hold. Being a taller it’s hard for shorter women to slap a grapevine on me. With Dez being 5’10” she should be able to crush me with a grapevine hold. Has she used this hold in any of her her sessions ? If so is she skilled at it, a few women I have sessioned with claimed to be great at it and then when you wrestle them you learn that their grapevine is rather weak.
She has an unbelievable grapevine. You would need to have quite a high pain threshold not to tap quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestlebrett For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jul-20, 11:28
Fadzman
This message has been deleted by Fadzman.
Old 13-Jan-21, 22:53
Points: 3,994, Level: 26 Points: 3,994, Level: 26 Points: 3,994, Level: 26
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlebrett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She is good and a tremendous amount of fun to session with, but is nowhere near on the Veve/Yasmin/Ariel X level.

That said, she's big, strong and not only has good technique, but a great attitude. She's a keeper
Hello

I was just curious. You mentioned she is not on the VeVe/Yasmin/Ariel X level. What does she lack that they have?
Old 14-Jan-21, 18:30
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsha [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello

I was just curious. You mentioned she is not on the VeVe/Yasmin/Ariel X level. What does she lack that they have?
It will be interesting to read WrestleBrett's reply, those 3 are some of the most skills, high level of conditioning and extremely confident that they can outclass anyone on the mat.
Old 14-Jan-21, 21:14
Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsha [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello

I have sessioned with her more since then and I would change my opinion. I think she IS on that level. She is incredible and I cannot recommend sessioning with her enough.

Her skills are excellent and she's physically strong. There is nothing she lacks.

She is one of the best out there today. She's a sweet and kind person, but would be intimidating if she were nasty.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wrestlebrett For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jan-21, 05:54
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

I would say Dez felt on VeVe's level to me, not Yasmin's. Sadly I never was lucky enough to wrestle Ariel, I expect she'd feel closer to Sheena and Yasmin. The difference is feeling like you're fighting off the inevitable (VeVe) and feeling like you're being toyed with (Yasmin).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Jan-21, 16:30
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would say Dez felt on VeVe's level to me, not Yasmin's. Sadly I never was lucky enough to wrestle Ariel, I expect she'd feel closer to Sheena and Yasmin. The difference is feeling like you're fighting off the inevitable (VeVe) and feeling like you're being toyed with (Yasmin).
That's an interesting distinction. I guess there can also be plenty of grey area in between where it's not clearly one thing or the other, or it varies between the two feelings.

I did a search for Yasmin vs Veve actually out of curiosity, to see if there was any match between them on video from the past (also because by private message I've been setting @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] some quiz questions in the style of a Question of Sport, and I'd set one about girls Veve had lost to or drew with - he managed to get 7 out of a maximum 10 guesses permitted whereby a wrong answer would delete all the others too so he submitted those 7 plus one bondage wrestling answer which should probably be allowed since I didn't specifically omit that in my question haha!*). I don't think they did do any match though did they, but appropriately this quick Daily Motion video was returned as a search result - Veve vs Joy (I guess it's not a problem video since probably the full match is available from Doom Maidens or somewhere else and this only shows one submission at the start I think).
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Appropriate because maybe at that point at least Veve isn't exactly toying with Joy, since she has to endure some pain or discomfort on her head for example, and seems like she fights for the point, but it's quite possible she would go on to score a big number of points (if scoring at a similar rate for the whole time, and if it went on for 20 minutes or close to that) and then at the end maybe it would seem like she was toying with her more!

I guess it depends a bit on how much experience we have ourselves too, so it's not necessarily a like for like comparison always (I'm not sure how much earlier you had sessions with Yasmin than Veve though, and I'm not questioning Yasmin as a top of the top level wrestling girl like you imply). If I tried to categorise all the times I was decisively out-matched in a session I guess I'd put more of the 'being toyed with' examples in the earlier period chronologically, maybe like this:
Toyed with by Mayra Conde, Kathy Gifford (I would nearly say in between because it felt like holding off the inevitable in effect literally, but effectively she was or could have been toying with me probably, and she sent me quickly to the bottom position everytime!), Kasie Cavanaugh (1st session), Severa
Holding off the inevitable Malibu, Tia (1st session, could be in between with a longer time I'd say, and the 2nd session could also enter the equation with a longer time, as both times various factors cut things a bit short compared to normal including a long time doing armwrestling!), Madam Mysteria (all sessions, with moments of being toyed with though probably!), Sheena, Warrior Amazone (2nd session)
In between or a mixture of both Maggie Jennings, Shelby Beach, Fire (LWS), Jet (the girl from Monica's Wrestling Centre of Hong Kong origins), Calista, Venom (all sessions), Viktoria (2nd/3rd sessions), Chloe Davis (not far from being in the toyed with category possibly though, and with a big number of submissions anyway!), Warrior Amazone (1st session)

Those are the clear examples, but of course in other sessions there were moments of being toyed with in effect too, even when seemingly otherwise having a fun and somewhat even/varied kind of playfight. With Kortney Olsen for example from around the middle of my session history (hence I end up in an armbar haha, and she probably toyed with me on one arm at armwrestling even too, not that I'm generally mentioning armwrestling of course otherwise Anna M Strong would have already been named for definite!), or a few years earlier with Starr from London (like when I ended up being sat on, or having my ankle twisted after possibly being tricked into giving her my legs when copying her scissor position to make things neutral...or so I thought, and she possibly toyed with me at legwrestling too even, which again I'm not considering obviously, otherwise Xena(LWS) could be getting a mention also I think!). Maybe I'd say the same for Viktoria the first time at DWW, but that's another example of a short wrestling time (since I invited Orsi B to join in in my planned 20 minute turn with Viktoria, after some things were changed up a bit from the initial plans based on availability of the girls e.g Renata B from the Czech DWW team was due to be in the session originally), but anyway I ended up in Viktoria's grapevine that time!

I guess for example that Sheena would likely win a direct match-up with Jet as she was back in 2008, and maybe Warrior Amazone could give Severa a good match. I think over time it can become a bit less easy to be constantly toyed with, even if it's still very possible to score quite a few submissions against us! Maybe having multiple sessions with the same girl (like you with Veve I think?) can amplify that effect as well, since then there is direct experience of what the girl likes to do and what to try to avoid haha.

*RNC is clearly confirmed as a big female/mixed wrestling fan as he did slightly better with the Veve question than with an equivalent one about Ronnie O'Sullivan the snooker player and his World Championship semi-final or final matches, and I know that he also enjoys watching Ronnie play a lot and follows the snooker championships pretty closely!

Last edited by Armwrestlefan99; 20-Jan-21 at 16:58.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jan-21, 11:31
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] While interesting, the above is a tangent. Any time you're posting at that length in a lady's thread and don't actually mention her that should be a hint it's better taken somewhere else on the board. Maybe @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] can sort it.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jan-21, 12:51
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] While interesting, the above is a tangent. Any time you're posting at that length in a lady's thread and don't actually mention her that should be a hint it's better taken somewhere else on the board. Maybe @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] can sort it.
Ok, yeah, sorry if it was inappropriate to make that reply.

I can't make an edit now, but would be happy enough with inserting something like this into it (if acceptable)....
I can't give any review of Dez from personal experience (although fully trust my mate RNC's fantastic review from earlier in the thread!), but I can review the videos posted by IntheFlesh about his session with her and say they were awesome and it's cool she could perform so well and impress the guy so much (and change his ideas even?), in what looks to have been a really fun session.

But if it was better for the post to be deleted (along with this one) then that's ok by me too to be honest anyway.

I guess on various forums things can divert off into sub-topics sometimes, but yeah I can understand it can be best avoided, and in fairness this is Dez's thread (and for people to look through nice reviews about her).