Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Warrior Amazon vs Duncan (bondage wrestling).
Preview in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-253.

Old 26-Sep-21, 16:25
Points: 4,012, Level: 26 Points: 4,012, Level: 26 Points: 4,012, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Mixed Session Wrestling Hall of Fame

A friend and I were having an online discussion on which women we would each recommend to be inducted into the Mixed Session Wrestling Hall of Fame.

We came up with the criteria that the nominees would have to have started at least 10 years ago and only include their in person session wrestling skills - their video work would not be included as a factor - so producers would not be included.

We decided to list a top 5. My top 5 would be in no particular order:

Deena Zarra - the woman who defeated Andy Kaufman in intergender match and early pioneer in session wrestling

Suzie "Robin" Johnson - again, an early pioneer and one of the first session women I know of who started touring as a session wrestler - even before the Internet.

Beatrice Goffin I never met her but have heard of her for many years and thought it only fair to include an international women.

Jeanne "Hollywood" Basone - an original G.L.O.W. girl who made the transition to session wrestling.

Kristie Etzold - another long term session wrestler who it seems has travelled everywhere in the world and is a great ambassador to session wrestling

Honorable mentions
Olga Bakalopoulos, Karla Nelson, Christine Dupree, Christine Marshall, Nadege, Helen von Mott

Again, this is a my very subjective list and would love to see what other people would nominate using this criteria. After seeing other comments, I will probably change my list - lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClevelandRocks For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-21, 10:39
Points: 5,330, Level: 31 Points: 5,330, Level: 31 Points: 5,330, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed Session Wrestling Hall of Fame

I'm a little surprised to NOT see the names, Arekah Lox, Veve Lane or Kasie Cavanaugh mentioned. I would think at least one of their names would at the very least mentioned when discussing a wrestling hall of fame.
Old 27-Sep-21, 11:12
Points: 10,292, Level: 43 Points: 10,292, Level: 43 Points: 10,292, Level: 43
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%
Last Achievements

Jennifer Thomas and Veve Lane should be in there. Both are long time veterans who work on developing the next generations and are still active themselves. I'd also mention Malibu, a veteran from the earliest days and still active.
Old 27-Sep-21, 14:20
Points: 4,959, Level: 29 Points: 4,959, Level: 29 Points: 4,959, Level: 29
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%
Last Achievements

This list could get really big, really fast and deservedly so. Without giving it any thought at all, I would add Joan Wise, Nancy Novak and Bill Wick in addition to the ladies previously mentioned. I know Bill isn't a lady, but he was very instrumental in getting a lot of the ladies started...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cap9900 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-21, 14:54
Points: 4,012, Level: 26 Points: 4,012, Level: 26 Points: 4,012, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm a little surprised to NOT see the names, Arekah Lox, Veve Lane or Kasie Cavanaugh mentioned. I would think at least one of their names would at the very least mentioned when discussing a wrestling hall of fame.
I would definitely add Veve Lane -but not sure if she meets the ten year session wrestling rule. Yes, Kasie Cavanaugh I would definitely put as an honorable mention.

I don’t know enough about Arekah Lox to include in my list but welcome others to include her on their list.

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Jennifer Thomas and Veve Lane should be in there. Both are long time veterans who work on developing the next generations and are still active themselves. I'd also mention Malibu, a veteran from the earliest days and still active.
Yes - Jennifer is worthy of being added to the Mixed Session Wrestling Hall of Fame as both a wrestler and also contributor. Just not sure how long she had been doing session wrestling but I guess it has been more than 10 years.

Malibu is also a long time session wrestler - but I think others would be more deserving at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap9900 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This list could get really big, really fast and deservedly so. Without giving it any thought at all, I would add Joan Wise, Nancy Novak and Bill Wick in addition to the ladies previously mentioned. I know Bill isn't a lady, but he was very instrumental in getting a lot of the ladies started...
I know Joan Wise as more of a producer than a session wrestler - I would need to know more about her session wrestling days.

Yes - Nancy Novak is one of the female wrestling pioneers. I never got the chance to meet her and like others - do not know enough about her to make my list but welcome others to include her on their list.

Last edited by ClevelandRocks; 27-Sep-21 at 15:50. Reason: Update
The Following User Says Thank You to ClevelandRocks For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-21, 20:20
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,371 Times in 1,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would definitely add Veve Lane -but not sure if she meets the ten year session wrestling rule.
Oh, yeah, VeVe's been doing session wrestling since 2007. She has a wb270 review dated from October 2007: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 27-Sep-21, 23:39
Points: 26,719, Level: 71 Points: 26,719, Level: 71 Points: 26,719, Level: 71
Activity: 99.1% Activity: 99.1% Activity: 99.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,868 Posts

Already [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] on the board.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Sep-21, 05:16
Producer
Points: 30,613, Level: 76 Points: 30,613, Level: 76 Points: 30,613, Level: 76
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,217 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap9900 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I definitely agree with you about Bill Wick , I spoke with him today and he unfortunately had a stroke 4 days ago. He's in recovery .
This made me think , Life is short and there's game changers out there who have not fully received the recognition they deserve especially in our world of mixed wrestling. (Men and Women )
I would like this forum to be the "Committee " and induct Bill Wick to be the first recipient of the Mixed Wrestling Hall of Fame at the next big wrestling event being held Nov. 13th in Las Vegas. Bill said he wouldn't miss it for the world.
What do you think ?? ( Naji )
Here is Bill's email if you would like to send him Get Well Wishes bwick@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].rr.com
XOXO

Quote:
I definitely agree with you about Bill Wick , I spoke with him today and he unfortunately had a stroke 4 days ago. He's in recovery .
This made me think , Life is short and there's game changers out there who have not fully received the recognition they deserve especially in our world of mixed wrestling. (Men and Women )
I would like this forum to be the "Committee " and induct Bill Wick to be the first recipient of the Mixed Wrestling Hall of Fame at the next big wrestling event being held Nov. 13th in Las Vegas. Bill said he wouldn't miss it for the world.
What do you think ??
Here is Bill's email if you would like to send him Get Well Wishes bwick@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].rr.com
XOXO

Last edited by Jennifer; 28-Sep-21 at 05:53.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennifer For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Sep-21, 09:12
Moderator [D]
Points: 39,003, Level: 86 Points: 39,003, Level: 86 Points: 39,003, Level: 86
Activity: 52.6% Activity: 52.6% Activity: 52.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,605 Times in 2,425 Posts

I wish bill a fast and fine recovery and good health for many many years! He was one of the producer that maked me dream!
Old 28-Sep-21, 14:21
Points: 22,806, Level: 66 Points: 22,806, Level: 66 Points: 22,806, Level: 66
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,274 Times in 634 Posts

So sorry to hear that, I hope he gets full recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post: