Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Kinky Lucrecia: The Real Mixed Strength Contest.
Get this video at: Kinky Lucrecia - KL161.

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Yara vs Charlie.
Preview in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-177.




Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18-Sep-23, 14:44
Speeekg Speeekg is offline
member
Points: 1,017, Level: 12 Points: 1,017, Level: 12 Points: 1,017, Level: 12
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 19
Thanks: 68
Thanked 57 Times in 16 Posts
Default How are girls getting so strong?

I started going to the gym after 8 years break recently and was surprised how there was a huge increase in girls. In the past i mostly saw them on cardio machines but now they are on weights more often than not.

Another thing that i really couldnt believe is how much weight they were lifting. Most tiny looking, tiktok recording young adult girls were doing hundreds of kgs for legs and even for exercises like biceps curls they were atleast in average male range. It honestly made me feel super insecure since i will need months to get back even at average level.

Have you guys noticed anything similar?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speeekg For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 20-Sep-23, 13:31
....'s Avatar
.... .... is offline
Member
Points: 7,788, Level: 37 Points: 7,788, Level: 37 Points: 7,788, Level: 37
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Gender: Male
Location: India
Posts: 345
Thanks: 1,505
Thanked 367 Times in 201 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

What were their numbers for bicep curls and dumbell bench presses? You live in the west btw, right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-Sep-23, 21:58
Jommy Jommy is offline
member
Points: 1,331, Level: 14 Points: 1,331, Level: 14 Points: 1,331, Level: 14
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 12
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeekg [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I started going to the gym after 8 years break recently and was surprised how there was a huge increase in girls. In the past i mostly saw them on cardio machines but now they are on weights more often than not.

Another thing that i really couldnt believe is how much weight they were lifting. Most tiny looking, tiktok recording young adult girls were doing hundreds of kgs for legs and even for exercises like biceps curls they were atleast in average male range. It honestly made me feel super insecure since i will need months to get back even at average level.

Have you guys noticed anything similar?
I have definitely. I got back into lifting after covid and there were about 3 times as many girls, mostly teens or early 20s. I see girls out lifting men (including myself) every time I go.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jommy For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 02-Oct-23, 09:56
Towner90 Towner90 is offline
Member
Points: 5,544, Level: 31 Points: 5,544, Level: 31 Points: 5,544, Level: 31
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Location: Southern California
Posts: 115
Thanks: 2,223
Thanked 996 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeekg [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I started going to the gym after 8 years break recently and was surprised how there was a huge increase in girls. In the past i mostly saw them on cardio machines but now they are on weights more often than not.

Another thing that i really couldnt believe is how much weight they were lifting. Most tiny looking, tiktok recording young adult girls were doing hundreds of kgs for legs and even for exercises like biceps curls they were atleast in average male range. It honestly made me feel super insecure since i will need months to get back even at average level.

Have you guys noticed anything similar?
I can remember going to the gym back in the 90's and 99 percent of the girls looked like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you saw any female looking like these it was like seeing a celebrity:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now, between 30 or 40 percent of the gym looks like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And scenarios like this are starting to become more common:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Towner90 For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 02-Oct-23, 20:44
jiminy's Avatar
jiminy jiminy is offline
Member
Points: 58,592, Level: 100 Points: 58,592, Level: 100 Points: 58,592, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,994
Thanks: 3,181
Thanked 8,926 Times in 1,957 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Rugby player Ilona Mayer incline pressing 70lbs (32kg) in each hand for reps.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

5'10, 200lbs. Not a bodybuilder, not shredded and full of muscle. Not in the gym religiously... Just a big, well built woman who lifts a bit & plays rugby among other stuff.





There's no real secret. Part of the reason women were so underrated. Even now, people demand evidence that a woman can be lifting such and such weight, beating "a man" at something.

I remember when people were so dismissive and angry at the suggestion that one day a girl might win a high school wrestling state championship competing against boys.

"Has it happened in the entire history of the world, going back centuries and millennia... No. Is it going to happen in the future? No."

"Nice joke. Now wake up and read a book on biology."

We have this pre-emptive bias about what women can and can't do and it's almost always low-balling women's abilities. In the past it was a lot worse (men didn't want women in the olympics, etc)... People give women more credit now, especially in western society... But we're still underestimating women and, in turn, over estimating men. From a male's POV, it merely sets us up for humiliation when we realise being born male isn't the birthright of superiority we would often like to think.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-Jan-24, 14:33
ours01's Avatar
ours01 ours01 is offline
Moderator [D]
Points: 39,003, Level: 86 Points: 39,003, Level: 86 Points: 39,003, Level: 86
Activity: 52.6% Activity: 52.6% Activity: 52.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,190
Thanks: 12,932
Thanked 8,605 Times in 2,425 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

in the past (and even nowaday) you will have a lot of farmer girls that are stronger than fitness or figure competitors and some even stronger then a lot of FBB
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ours01 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 24-Feb-24, 11:34
Patrick Henry's Avatar
Patrick Henry Patrick Henry is offline
Member
Points: 5,003, Level: 30 Points: 5,003, Level: 30 Points: 5,003, Level: 30
Activity: 81.6% Activity: 81.6% Activity: 81.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 544
Thanks: 1,224
Thanked 1,119 Times in 362 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towner90 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I can remember going to the gym back in the 90's and 99 percent of the girls looked like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you saw any female looking like these it was like seeing a celebrity:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now, between 30 or 40 percent of the gym looks like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And scenarios like this are starting to become more common:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Very good post.. I talk about this a lot.
How the increased caloric intake, more fortified foods, etc etc are making people in North America bigger and sturdier. Which is great for a bodybuilding foundation. But because a lot of the caloric increase is coming from corn syrup and fast food, etc is also driving an obesity epidemic. Kind of a good news-bad news type scenario ~
__________________
Artwork featuring dominant, cocky, Female Tyrants:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=98262324
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Henry For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 25-Feb-24, 14:59
Hoodman Hoodman is offline
Producer
Points: 6,601, Level: 34 Points: 6,601, Level: 34 Points: 6,601, Level: 34
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 862
Thanks: 1,247
Thanked 1,295 Times in 474 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towner90 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I can remember going to the gym back in the 90's and 99 percent of the girls looked like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you saw any female looking like these it was like seeing a celebrity:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now, between 30 or 40 percent of the gym looks like this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And scenarios like this are starting to become more common:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Doesn't matter the gym I rarely see this but go figure
__________________
If interested in Beatdowns, Scissorholds/Mixed Wrestling, Muscle Worship, Amazons, Strapon, or Femdom check out my video sites:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. my OF


[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-Mar-24, 12:08
jiminy's Avatar
jiminy jiminy is offline
Member
Points: 58,592, Level: 100 Points: 58,592, Level: 100 Points: 58,592, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,994
Thanks: 3,181
Thanked 8,926 Times in 1,957 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

It's irrefutable that more females than ever before are lifting weights. The literature is very clear on that.

While anecdotal experience can be unreliable, mine marries up with what Towner90 says in addition to the statistics. I've been going to commercial gyms for over 20 years now and have seen the evolution. 20 years ago the weights area was very much a man's sanctuary. Women only went to gyms to help get/keep their weight down, concentrate on cardio.

Slim, svelte, slender was the goal. It was the era of the anorexic fashion models. Kate Moss. Jodie Kidd. "Size zero". Skin 'n bone.

But Bodybuilding became more popular. Crossfit gained traction. Women's sports in general. More girls aspire to be Rugby players, MMA fighters, professional wrestlers like Rhea Ripley.

She is very much part of this new, Zoomer generation of women that want it all; academic success, great career, and minds with bodies to match. Tattoos, muscle, sport... It's all in vogue for women.

Back in the day, I don't believe women like Navratilova, Jarmila Kratochvilova did a lot to inspire women to be like them. They didn't resonate with audiences. Men didn't want them, women didn't want to be them. There existed this connotation that athletic prowess and muscle carried the trade-off of forsaking femininity.

That is no longer the case.

Women like Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Holly Holm did a lot for MMA and getting more women interested in combat sports. They showed audiences that you don't have to be a grizzled, androgynous bulldyke to be a fighter. You can fight, be muscular AND look pretty, wear dresses, feminine clothes, and be girly.

Just like Schwarzenegger, Lee, Stallone, did a lot to resonate with men in the past; most of their fans were/are men... But men like that have largely become archaic. Toxic masculinity they're call it. Good films like Predator, Terminator 2, Die Hard could never be made these days as they don't tick enough woke boxes. So men ultimately feel stifled.

A lot of those aforementioned women's fans are in fact other women... Together with men who think they're attractive.

The way I see it, men are very much taking a back seat in this modern world. Being told to shut up and sit in the corner. So they turn to video games, superhero movies, weed/drugs and porn for escapism. My job puts me in contact with a lot of 16-25 year olds and many of them seem spaced out all the time; phone zombies, sucking up vape fumes.

Even when they do watch their superhero marvel films, they're being fed heroes like Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman and the wasp. Batwoman. Madam Web. I don't watch modern superhero films because they're crap, but I've seen the advertising and he fact that more men are idolising women for being strong and powerful who can kick ass and protect them. More women are aspiring to be powerful and heroic as well as sexy and popular.

I don't think men like Timothee Chalamet are doing much to inspire men. Getting bossed around by Zendeya. Mad Max becoming an extra in his own franchise, literally taking a back seat to Charlize Theron. It just reinforces the fact that men are getting weaker, and women are getting stronger.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 03-Mar-24, 16:47
TripleJ TripleJ is offline
Member
Points: 1,271, Level: 14 Points: 1,271, Level: 14 Points: 1,271, Level: 14
Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2%
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 150
Thanks: 35
Thanked 138 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: How are girls getting so strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeekg [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I started going to the gym after 8 years break recently and was surprised how there was a huge increase in girls. In the past i mostly saw them on cardio machines but now they are on weights more often than not.

Another thing that i really couldnt believe is how much weight they were lifting. Most tiny looking, tiktok recording young adult girls were doing hundreds of kgs for legs and even for exercises like biceps curls they were atleast in average male range. It honestly made me feel super insecure since i will need months to get back even at average level.

Have you guys noticed anything similar?
Wow, it's almost as if when you remove social barriers, you gain access to talent you didn't think was there before. Who'd've thunk it?

Also, leg exercises aren't terribly difficult to get into hundreds of lbs. I had a 420-lb (heyoo) leg press in college without doing any real training at all. Your leg muscles easily get the most work out of your skeletal muscle groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It just reinforces the fact that men are getting weaker, and women are getting stronger.
You know it isn't a zero sum game, right? There isn't a conservation of muscle strength in the human race; just because one group is gaining doesn't mean the other group has to lose to compensate.

Maybe exercise your brain muscle a little bit before running your mouth.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleJ For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strong Girls Rule Ella ‘Scorpion’ Escorpi Producers' Corner 242 31-Oct-20 13:12
Strong girls getting married deepkick Wrestling & Fighting Pictures 125 17-Mar-20 08:12
are volleyball girls strong ? chris035 Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 91 11-Mar-20 10:38
Strong girls behengerdevries Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 6 30-Mar-18 05:18
strong girls domination revsit Wrestling & Fighting Videos 13 01-Jun-13 18:03


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.