Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 08-May-20, 17:16
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Re: Session prices to drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWrestlerGuy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
We can only hope they stop upcharging us. Imagine if prostitution was legal how cheap their session prices would be. If only hookers knew how to dom and wrestle...
It's exactly because they don't that means ladies can charge more for wrestling. Anyway, like with all things it's a market, in North America most clients and most providers agree that they find value in an enjoyable $300 session, if that weren't the case on either end the rates would move decisively.
On another note it is true that prices are lower in the UK, at the rooms the normal rate is £150 or a bit less than US$200.
Old 08-May-20, 18:49
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglebeast [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In 1974 I had my first BDSM session in Manhattan with the legendary Mistress Belle de Jour. I was 21, she was late 40s or 50. Very hot, busty and fit. Cost? $35 for 45 minutes. She took pity on me because I was a kid and I usually got an hour for $35. LOL!
That works out to $244 an hour today, so slightly cheaper, but within the ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyonaGuy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Honestly, I call it that prices will more or less stay the same, my only logic for this is that when I return to work I will be paid the same as before, if this was not the case I would seek employment elsewhere as I work in a high demand job.

I expect session wrestlers attitude will be much the same, there are always more than enough guys willing to pay the standard fee, so why on earth would they accept a session at half the price they usually charge!?
This is the correct comparison rather than all the people comparing price of sessions to price of goods. If your employer was going to pay you half as much would you just go okay, I'll keep doing the same work for half the pay or would you find another job?
The Following User Says Thank You to GuyIncognito For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 19:15
Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you want to make poor decisions, that is your call. Either way, "I make (made) minimum wage and sessions are too expensive" is immaterial to a discussion on "will prices drop?" There was zero speculation about the future of the market.
I don't earn minimum wage but I also wouldn't describe myself as rich. My wage is just below the UK average but I don't drink, smoke and gave up my car.

Should I not session because I am below average when my disposable income is more then those who earn more then me as they don't live within their means?
Old 08-May-20, 20:43
Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy9012 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't earn minimum wage but I also wouldn't describe myself as rich. My wage is just below the UK average but I don't drink, smoke and gave up my car.

Should I not session because I am below average when my disposable income is more then those who earn more then me as they don't live within their means?
You can do whatever you want. No financial advice is one-size fits all. Just FYI, the minimum wage in about 50% higher in the UK than in the US, although it may be similar depending on the state.

There's really no need to take offense to a warning not to spend money on sessions at income levels so low that rent is difficult to pay. Sessions are a luxury, I'm not sure there's any argument around it. Many decisions will depend on whether you're single or not, but this is not the place for financial advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If your employer was going to pay you half as much would you just go okay, I'll keep doing the same work for half the pay or would you find another job?
In January 2020, most people would say find a new job. In May 2020, people would be very cautious. Even if you find a new job that offers you more, will they go under in 2 months? If they announce layoffs, are you more at risk being new? Having tenure at a big company provides stability, which is important. A $1m salary doesn't mean much if the company doesn't exist beyond next week.
Old 08-May-20, 20:45
Banned
Points: 1,800, Level: 17 Points: 1,800, Level: 17 Points: 1,800, Level: 17
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's really not relevant to this thread. Sessions are a premium service. You would be financially irresponsibly to purchase one while working minimum wage. It is not for average people.
That's not where I'm going with this. All I'm saying is they are overpriced as it is. 10 years ago you could easily get a session for $200.
The Following User Says Thank You to mvpheat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-20, 21:34
Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Hotel rooms were also cheaper. The barrier to entry is low, many girls have obviously tried to make a quick buck off this. I didn't session 10 years ago, but it sounds like from what others say that $200 wouldn't get you a session back then either, at least not with one of the better providers. My own opinion is I'd rather have one great session for $400 than two meh sessions for $200.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-May-20, 02:04
Points: 3,402, Level: 24 Points: 3,402, Level: 24 Points: 3,402, Level: 24
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

This is the correct comparison rather than all the people comparing price of sessions to price of goods. If your employer was going to pay you half as much would you just go okay, I'll keep doing the same work for half the pay or would you find another job?[/QUOTE]

well if i was getting paid $400 an hour i wouldn't mind getting paid half $200 is still a lot of money it is $1600 for a average 8h day of work

and i dont think in those time that anyone here would find worth it and be happy to spend $400 to risk catching coronavirus unless there was a catch maybe i said maybe at least a reason why u would do it like a lower price
Old 09-May-20, 04:22
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

You don't seem to understand economics very well. You're confusing recession with deflation. Recessions are declining economic activity, but every unit of currency still maintains its value (in theory, anyway.)

Session wrestling has fixed costs. You need to be able to travel to a location and rent the spot for the session to take place. These expenses are typically rather inflexible, and so you only have two options to increase profits, increasing rates and increasing work volume. Since session wrestling is a very physically demanding activity, and since it is a very niche market without much demand, there is only so much a session wrestler can do when it comes to increasing volume, so almost all the money that a session wrestler can make is based off of her rates. They really can't lower rates to increase volume because, as I just explained, the session wrestler can't really take on more volume. It's fantasy to think that rates will lower because of a recession, because the wrestler's bills aren't going to get any smaller, are they?

It's more likely that you'll see a lot of session wrestlers just quit for jobs that have more reliable income. If anything, you might see rates go up because the few that remain will have more demands on their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpheat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's not where I'm going with this. All I'm saying is they are overpriced as it is. 10 years ago you could easily get a session for $200.
I remember when a bottle of soda was 99 cents. Turns out things get more expensive as time goes on. Who'd a thunk it?
Old 09-May-20, 08:21
Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

For ladies, providing sessions can sometimes be seen as a luxury too. E.g. for the ones who have another source of income, where sessions are a supplement to that income.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomjui For This Useful Post:
Old 09-May-20, 09:06
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Backdoorman your take on the economy is correct. I totally agree. If anything, the obstacles that this new reality post covid-19 world will bring; session prices will go up in europe. Maybe stay the same in the US. This is my take.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveAikidoWomen For This Useful Post: