Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 12-Feb-18, 01:42
Points: 9,289, Level: 41 Points: 9,289, Level: 41 Points: 9,289, Level: 41
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,302 Times in 97 Posts
Default Curious about session women's losses

I was just thinking out of curiosity but do you think when a session wrestler loses to another woman in wrestling and is dominated on video or Clips4sale, do you think that hurts their business? I sometimes see some session wrestlers will lose quite a bit against other women but seemingly dominate men and I wonder how or if that affects them psychologically.
Old 12-Feb-18, 08:34
Banned
Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Curious about session women's losses

I wonder the same thing. I mean some girls lost all the time, so I don't think that affect them much. But, when a top wrestler loses, that must be difficult for her especially when some guys in sessions ask about their matches.
Old 12-Feb-18, 10:35
Points: 22,372, Level: 65 Points: 22,372, Level: 65 Points: 22,372, Level: 65
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,114 Times in 629 Posts

Quite an interesting question.
I have seen a fair few catty twitter exchanges between female wrestlers after matches where perhaps one was annoyed with the other over something. No names mentioned given the subject matter but a few I remember.

Dominant female (who never really went fully comp much) had her ass handed to her by a smaller girl. She got quite angry on blogs wanting a rematch etc...

Chinese/Japanese wrestler held an ankle lock after the tap out and got a heel in her face for it. Quite an old one I think, there might have been a language barrier and she didn’t understand the verbal submission.

A semi-comp match where one girl kept going all out and pissed off her opponent who was clear that the match was not competitive.

I think tbh, like any fighting profession, anyone can make mistakes and the wrestlers that go competative a lot of the time won’t take a loss too badly. Recall DWW’s pinning machine Luzia, she won maybe 90% of her fights but she still made the occasional mistake. Getting caught in a choke or headscissors or getting an up close view of her own breasts in a full nelson/body scissor combo. She’d grit her teeth and hold on as long as she could but when she had to tap, she did, and she was more annoyed with herself for making the mistake than her opponent defeating her.
I’d like to think most women take it like that and while there are healthy rivelries, there is no animosity in the long term.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Feb-18, 12:40
Banned
Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Potentially it might. Someone whom continues getting dominated in semi-fully competitive matches on video may be a turn off for some of the guys who prefer fully competitive matches with skilled women.Those guys who like competitive and an actual challenge may avoid her or go for the women he thinks is actually more skilled. Word of mouth can also apply to this forum or others where people may say that she "isn't" a good wrestler, has terrible skills, etc.

But the industry also doesn't comprise of men wanting to fully "wrestle" women. lots of guys who like being dominated, sensual sessions, ko sessions, etc. skylar rene doesn't do fully competitive sessions(anymore AFAIK) and yet her business still seems to be doing good. Tyler Dare has lost against some women on RG, and yet her business still seems fine. she still gets plenty of sessions, and positive reviews. jasmine mendez isn't really known that much for doing fully competitive matches and yet she's still on the top 50 on clips4sale, and has done videos for plenty of producers and still seems to be doing fine. people who want fully competitive matches may not go for her, but she still has plenty of clients who will book with her.

So do I think it hurts their business in the long run? Not really. a lot more things would potentially hurt their business far more. like being rude, dirty, cutting the session short, being a scammer, being outed for providing extras(that they don't advertise themself), butthurt guys who slander their name and make up lies about them , negative reviews etc. I'd say these have a lot more damage potential than just losing to someone in a video.

Last edited by HeadScissorFan; 12-Feb-18 at 12:52.
Old 12-Feb-18, 13:14
Points: 7,340, Level: 36 Points: 7,340, Level: 36 Points: 7,340, Level: 36
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I think like anything else, it depends. With this question I think it depends on a lot of different factors. What is the guy into? What type of match is the guy looking for? Who did she lose to and how did she lose?

In any competitive / real fight, anyone can lose to another person if they are fighting against someone with a certain level of skill. If 2 people competing are evenly matched, it probable that each fighter is going to win some falls. Typically domination doesn't happen unless they are unevenly matched or it's staged.

Based on what I'm into, if I thought 2 people were evenly matched and both were giving it their all and 1 dominated the other, I would definitely be more into the person that was on the winning side and I would be less likely to want to take on the loser.
Old 12-Feb-18, 14:08
Points: 12,526, Level: 48 Points: 12,526, Level: 48 Points: 12,526, Level: 48
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,042 Times in 340 Posts

Kristie Etzold has lost on video a number of times, but I doubt it has affected her session business negatively.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prosperity For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Feb-18, 15:00
Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,703 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was just thinking out of curiosity but do you think when a session wrestler loses to another woman in wrestling and is dominated on video or Clips4sale, do you think that hurts their business? I sometimes see some session wrestlers will lose quite a bit against other women but seemingly dominate men and I wonder how or if that affects them psychologically.
When two people are wrestling, someone has to win and someone has to lose. Simple. And session wrestlers are humans too, why should it hurt their image when they lose ? It makes so sense to me.
Old 12-Feb-18, 16:16
Last Achievements

I think it certainly can have a psychological impact, certainly concerning the manner of the defeat. Another that came to mind was Dragonlily from U/S. She lost a couple of early matches but went on to avenge all those defeats and crush everybody they sent against her for a long time.

Enter Dia Zerva.

Dragonlily was in tears for the later part of the match and lost so brutally she never seemed the same again. She did regroup and dominate newbies again but she suffered another huge loss to Bella Rossi the following season I think and that was pretty much it. She was beaten fairly regular after that.

Not that it would put me off fighting her at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Feb-18, 16:42
Points: 17,815, Level: 58 Points: 17,815, Level: 58 Points: 17,815, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,056 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOmega [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think it certainly can have a psychological impact, certainly concerning the manner of the defeat. Another that came to mind was Dragonlily from U/S. She lost a couple of early matches but went on to avenge all those defeats and crush everybody they sent against her for a long time.

Enter Dia Zerva.

Dragonlily was in tears for the later part of the match and lost so brutally she never seemed the same again. She did regroup and dominate newbies again but she suffered another huge loss to Bella Rossi the following season I think and that was pretty much it. She was beaten fairly regular after that.

Not that it would put me off fighting her at all.
Where did Dia Zerva wrestle her? I would have loved to see Dia put her into tears. Dia looks like she can put some guys to tears. Dragonlily looks like a complete mismatch for her. It would have been great if Dia dominated her with her feet after she was in tears in a competitive match!
Old 12-Feb-18, 16:49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Where did Dia Zerva wrestle her? I would have loved to see Dia put her into tears. Dia looks like she can put some guys to tears. Dragonlily looks like a complete mismatch for her. It would have been great if Dia dominated her with her feet after she was in tears in a competitive match!
Just search for Dia Zerva vs Dragonlily. You’ll get a few links to the video.
Dragonlily was supposed to steamroller her en route to the tournament final that year but she hit a brick wall.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post: