Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: What is your preferred point of view for mixed wrestling stories?
First Person: "She plants her foot on my chest." 19 33.93%
Second Person: "She plants her foot on your chest." 8 14.29%
Third Person: "She plants her foot on his chest." 29 51.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-Dec-17, 07:34
Points: 4,763, Level: 29 Points: 4,763, Level: 29 Points: 4,763, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Default Poll: Point of View Preferences

Hi all!

About to start dropping some new stories in a week or so here, but before I did, I wanted to try to get a feel for point of view preferences. I tend to write in the first person, but realized lately I prefer (wrestling related) stories to be in the second person, as it makes me feel like a part of the match. Anyway... wanted to know what you all thought.
Old 29-Dec-17, 19:39
Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Poll: Point of View Preferences

Never never never never - first person. Try reading some (real) books. Learn how to describe in writing.

Whenever I click on a story and it's in first person, I immediately conclude the writer is illiterate and move on. Now Raymond Chandler wrote in First Person, but he was not recounting images in his mind. Actor Robert Montgomery directed and starred in a film based on a Raymond Chandler book, "Lady In The Lake". It was filmed in First Person. Very unique. The viewer only saw Robert Montgomery (playing Philip Marlowe) when he looked into a mirror.

Unless you can write as well as Raymond Chandler, stay away from First Person. Third Person (omniscient) only. Don't flip between viewpoints either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-17, 21:36
Points: 11,366, Level: 46 Points: 11,366, Level: 46 Points: 11,366, Level: 46
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Never never never never - first person. Try reading some (real) books. Learn how to describe in writing.

Whenever I click on a story and it's in first person, I immediately conclude the writer is illiterate and move on. Now Raymond Chandler wrote in First Person, but he was not recounting images in his mind. Actor Robert Montgomery directed and starred in a film based on a Raymond Chandler book, "Lady In The Lake". It was filmed in First Person. Very unique. The viewer only saw Robert Montgomery (playing Philip Marlowe) when he looked into a mirror.

Unless you can write as well as Raymond Chandler, stay away from First Person. Third Person (omniscient) only. Don't flip between viewpoints either.
An omniscient third person narrator is about as unusual as a perspective a story can be written in. Most use limited third person narration that only has access to the same information as a main character.
The Following User Says Thank You to MLG For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Dec-17, 22:42
Points: 4,763, Level: 29 Points: 4,763, Level: 29 Points: 4,763, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well I certainly agree with you for the part here. This particular forum, however, isn't for your run-of-the-mill novel. With more erotic and/or fetishized stories, think it's possible that readers are approaching these posts with a completely different mindset. Perhaps they're willing to forego a more realistic point of view for one that allows them to be a part of the action themselves. Based on the poll though, it seems like almost 50% are unwilling to forego realistic narration

Last edited by Mario99999; 01-Jan-18 at 09:32.
Old 31-Dec-17, 23:42
Points: 14,592, Level: 52 Points: 14,592, Level: 52 Points: 14,592, Level: 52
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,274 Times in 315 Posts

Well, if the author describes his own experience, (or his own possible experience), why not?! Why shouldn't he write in 1st Person in this case?!?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valeron For This Useful Post:

Tags
point of view, pov, stories, story, writing