Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Aug-19, 17:00
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Forum usage tips

Select the part of post you want to quote and click on q-quote button. The text will be copied to the quick reply box with appropriate formatting.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 20-Aug-19, 17:16
Points: 276,456, Level: 100 Points: 276,456, Level: 100 Points: 276,456, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,191 Times in 6,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Select the part of post you want to quote and click on q-quote button. The text will be copied to the quick reply box with appropriate formatting.
Thanks, but I understand that bit and use it regularly for a single quote. What I meant is that if I try to quote from two separate posts, the second one always replaces the first rather than appearing below it. So I was asking whether this new icon - titled "Multi-Quote" - was the answer?
Attached Images
File Type: gif multiquote_off.gif (1.3 KB, 295 views)
Old 20-Aug-19, 17:28
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Ah, I see now. Multi-quote is for replying to full posts, not parts of it. It isn't new.

Quick quote is the way to go. Just make sure the entire already quoted text isn't selected in the quick-reply box. If the cursor is at the end of the already existing text in the quick-reply box, you're good to add more quick quotes.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Aug-19, 18:06
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
titled "Multi-Quote" - was the answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If the cursor is at the end of the already existing text
That's a neat method Zweig that I didn't ever try to use!

It seems that pressing enter after doing each quick quote makes sure that things go smoothly.

In theory you could highlight entire posts the same way I suppose, but if verscont or anyone else wanted to quote multiple full posts I think the method is to click the multi-post icon for one or more posts first and then finally to click quote as normal for the final post he wants to include?

Like this (but I had to copy and paste the quick quotes above and place them above this section, as they are not retained when doing a multi-quote/quote combination).

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks, but I understand that bit and use it regularly for a single quote. What I meant is that if I try to quote from two separate posts, the second one always replaces the first rather than appearing below it. So I was asking whether this new icon - titled "Multi-Quote" - was the answer?
Quote:
Ah, I see now. Multi-quote is for replying to full posts, not parts of it. It isn't new.

Quick quote is the way to go. Just make sure the entire already quoted text isn't selected in the quick-reply box. If the cursor is at the end of the already existing text in the quick-reply box, you're good to add more quick quotes.
So it seems like the guideline would be if you want to quote full texts (or close to it - if it's quicker to highlight a part to delete than the part you want to quote), use multi-quote as I described above, but if you want to quote several people but only a small part of each post then use q-quote after highlighting the appropriate text and press enter after the end of each q-quote as the reply is constructed. Both ways work well I'd say!

Last edited by Armwrestlefan99; 20-Aug-19 at 18:31.
Old 20-Feb-20, 06:59
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , is there a simple way to resize large pictures from external links like I did [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] by using:

{IMG=width,height}address{/IMG} or

{URL=address}{IMG=width,height}address{/IMG}{/URL} (to link to the original sized picture by clicking at the “small” picture?).
The Following User Says Thank You to ManInBlack For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-20, 16:27
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Good idea! Now there is:

{imgw=x}address{/imgw}

x stands for width.

and linked image:

{limgw=x}address{/limgw}

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 21-Feb-20, 05:03
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Hello @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , thanks for the quick implementation.

It's working great.

Is it a lot of effort to do the same for the y-axis (hight) as well?

It would save a lot of calculation and research time,
because it is often more important to generate images at the same height,
especially when you want to post several pictures side by side.
And you would need to know the height and width of the picture.
(Working on a PC it's no Problem but on a mobile it is a real challenge.)

Thanks.

Maybe, for the future you may find a way for the users to implement internally uploaded pictures (preview pictures) inside the post, instead of to line them up at the end of the post.

Or is it already possible?

By the way, for me the upload by URL does not work.
I first have to save the picture on my PC and upload it from there.
I use WIN 7 and Firefox.

Last edited by ManInBlack; 21-Feb-20 at 05:28. Reason: completion
Old 21-Feb-20, 11:01
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , thanks for the quick implementation.

It's working great.

Is it a lot of effort to do the same for the y-axis (hight) as well?

It would save a lot of calculation and research time,
because it is often more important to generate images at the same height,
especially when you want to post several pictures side by side.
And you would need to know the height and width of the picture.
(Working on a PC it's no Problem but on a mobile it is a real challenge.)
Done. Just replace w with h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Maybe, for the future you may find a way for the users to implement internally uploaded pictures (preview pictures) inside the post, instead of to line them up at the end of the post.

Or is it already possible?
Yes, it's already possible. After you upload an attachment, place your cursor where you want it embedded, then click on the paperclip icon near the smilie icon in the main post composition window.

Quote:
By the way, for me the upload by URL does not work.
I first have to save the picture on my PC and upload it from there.
I use WIN 7 and Firefox.
There's a problem with URL upload from https, which I'm aware of, but http works well. I'll try to fix it soon.
Old 12-May-20, 17:47
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Greetings, Forum!

Here are some tips & tricks on using the forum efficiently. Hopefully, you will find at least some of these features helpful.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm surprised as to how seldom this feature is used, even though this is the fastest and easiest way to check for new posts and the link is conveniently located near the middle of the navigation bar (the static blue bar with white text links on top of each page). The [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] link is basically a simple search, which finds and lists all topic updated since your last visit.

Today's Posts

This feature, that is located under the Quick Links menu (see image above) ignores your last visit, and simply lists all topics updated within the last 24 hours. This is useful if you accidentally visit the forum and then stay inactive for 15 minutes without checking for new posts, and your last visit is updated to the most recent one, hence you will not find topics updated before that time in the New Posts page.

Topic Subscriptions

To get the most out of the forum consider using thread subscriptions. It makes following your favorite topics easy.

Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

Here's an FAQ item about thread subscriptions: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]