Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Old 14-Nov-14, 08:19
Points: 19,129, Level: 60 Points: 19,129, Level: 60 Points: 19,129, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,837 Times in 577 Posts
Default Re: Forum policy change

Not wanting to enter this fray, i believe one thing should be stated here. You can open a profile at several other sites and load your videos there. Then simply tell the forum members what and where and let them find them if they want. I do that with my profile at [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Most of what I've uploaded is professional, but there are many pro-style and other videos there. Let that site determine if your videos should be kept up or if a company complains about them. I certainly hope this forum continues going and getting better despite all the hand-wringing from some of its members, I will try to be an even better member by adding more videos to my profile as well as more pictures here of some of our favorite wrestlers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elliebi001 For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Nov-14, 09:29
Points: 55,619, Level: 100 Points: 55,619, Level: 100 Points: 55,619, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,599 Times in 794 Posts

Wise council indeed.
Old 14-Nov-14, 15:45
Points: 5,209, Level: 30 Points: 5,209, Level: 30 Points: 5,209, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

When the marginal cost of producing a unit of a product is essentially zero, then that is its value. If a product requires special rules or tariffs to sustain the producers, then the business is not truly viable.

I hypothesize that most "producers" in this filed are simply trying to monetarize their personal interests. So too are the "pirates". At least those who presumably have some sort of arrangement with various storage vendors.

A better "solution" (for true solutions are not likely) would have been to ban all "sharers" who use storage banks that charge for "high speed" downloads. Then those who would post links (not videos) would not be motivated by greed, but have a genuine desire to share.

To elaborate a smidgeon on my point above, note that in the 1960's Skill Publications and Peerless Sales sold photos and related products at prices often less than the marginal cost of duplicating them. Later WPC et al sold 8mm films at prices not much more than the cost of duplicating their products. Even so, they were not viable in the long term. Stanton apparently tried to fight off cheap copying by using the same sticky technology. Bill Jentz and his WPW pantheon of companies started in picture sets and film, then moved to videotape and at that point it became possible to make significantly cheaper copies. Of course analogue copies of videotape showed rapid degradation. Then came digital. People/businesses must adapt to digital, not vice versa by setting up "rules" and tariffs, etc.

I hypothesize the next step will be a Netflix style of operation, something like the various databanks currently in existence. Subscribe and download what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Nov-14, 16:16
Points: 55,619, Level: 100 Points: 55,619, Level: 100 Points: 55,619, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,599 Times in 794 Posts
Question Re: Forum policy change

I wish I knew what you were talking about, but I don't. Still, the important thing is, that you do seem to do so. Is there any chance that you could put your points again, so that people who are not quite so au fait, with the subject, could understand your points. I am not being sarcastic, I really would like to understand what you meant.
Old 14-Nov-14, 21:52
Points: 10,356, Level: 43 Points: 10,356, Level: 43 Points: 10,356, Level: 43
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,227 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendme [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Its a double edge sword. I never could understand why you would have a forum that shares videos but also allows producers. Makes no sense to me. And was the main season why I did not share much on this site.

However for all those producer thinking sharing your videos is a bad thing I can tell you that I bought almost all of my videos from you after I watch one of your full videos off of sites like this. The advertising potential of these kinds of forums are great.

I find most f/f f/m sites have really bad match previews or even worse false previews (images that are simply not in the video). To my point if you dont like sites like these then you better have a really good preview of the matches you are trying to sell. A pic or two and description doesn't cut it.
Well said and applies to me as well. 10 second preview clips from clips4sale don't get the job done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbpinfan For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Nov-14, 21:55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberboy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As a producer ( I have written Zweig twice to change my status) I would like point out a few things (forgive me if this has been discussed in other posts) Most producers are not making very much money. Most have real jobs to support the costs of making videos which can be several hundred dollars per video. Pirating even a few videos can be the difference between profit and loss for the month. The music ($15 billion) and movie ($10 billion) industries can tolerate piracy because they make millions in profit each year.

The best way that I can equate piracy for members of this forum who are non-producers would be to compare it to having a wrestling session then not paying for a wrestling session and telling the session girl that you just want to try her out and if you like the session then you might pay for another session later. If a session girl gave this story, the forum members would be up in arms. No matter how you try to justify it, not paying for goods or services is theft. If you are fine with stealing things and not paying for it, then that’s your moral issue.

As producers, however, we need to listen to some of the forum complaints and provide accurate descriptions of matches and lots of previews so that customers can make informed decisions and not feel ripped off. We can’t please all of the people all of the time, but we should make an effort. On my website there are previews (some short, some long) of every video I sell as well as at least 85 free photos, and some free whole videos in my blog area.
I like it when a producer contains a spoiler with their preview. The spoiler is something that could of course be clicked on so that it wouldn't spoil it for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbpinfan For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Nov-14, 21:59
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=jobberboy;164427]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What is the name of your website jobberboy ?

curvygirlwrestling.com
I will be sure to have a look. Thanks for sharing.
Old 14-Nov-14, 22:00
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginty [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
WOW WTF, this forum was all about "sharing" and this new forum policy totally removes that.
I recall being verbally accosted for not sharing enough material.
Old 14-Nov-14, 23:45
Points: 15,883, Level: 54 Points: 15,883, Level: 54 Points: 15,883, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Does not matter to me. The forum will still be the first place I go when the urge hits. It is good if it helps producers.
Old 15-Nov-14, 06:38
Points: 4,260, Level: 27 Points: 4,260, Level: 27 Points: 4,260, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

The only issue i have with buying videos, and although i don't buy many i do buy a few, is the same one i had with buying music pre-internet. Back in the day the initial exposure you had to a band was on the radio, where, usually you heard the best, or most marketable song on the album. the only way you could hear more was if a friend already had the album, or to buy it yourself. If you bought it yourself and the only song you liked was the 1 song being played on the radio and the rest was shit, well, thats too bad, you just wasted $15. Now there are lots of ways to hear everything pretty much any band has ever done, and a lot of people still pay for music, maybe not as much as back in the day but enough. The produces of the material we share an interest in on this forum offer up 1-2 minutes previews, that's all they want you to see before busting out the credit card, and hey, if that 2 minutes (and its often a montage) is the only quality part of the video, aw gee, sorry you were let down...

I can't speak for anyone else, but of the videos i own, most were purchased from sites where i had seen several other full videos for free, because i was able to determine that they generally made videos in the styles i prefer. lets face it, pretty much every preview clip is going to be the girl with her victim in some type of scissor. Great, how did they get there?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lobster57 For This Useful Post:

Tags
community, forum, piracy