Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 08-Feb-16, 18:17
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Default Skill vs. Athleticism vs. Determination vs. Strength vs. Ability vs.Technical

Interesting those that seem to have great appreciation for the technical/skill of a female wrestler.

For me these BJJ trained females take so much away as I watch matches and know that holds will be broken and that there won't be a submission to a scissors, a headlock or some combination. Just don't see that.

The ability and skill is incredible, but as far as these matches go, you know the result in advance.

Someone I thought tough as nails and never scared to take on bigger opponents was Ziggy and she didn't always win, but even with her BJJ skills, I see her lose to Josephine, Kathy Griffith and draw with Ariel and the outcome seems inevitable.

Now I respect and love the hell out of VeVe and want to know about her match with Anna Konda and happy she beat her soundly, but it just shows what skills these women have.

Brooksie has quoted that a lot of DWW and FD women are not very good technically and thus the matches don't work or him, but I always looked at them as almost perfect in terms of the right combination of the thread title.

Beatrice Goffin was by far the best in all facets as no one seemed to hate losing as much as her and almost every match seemed personal and to submit came only with grunts/groans and only when in considerable pain.

Just don't see enough of that today.

Last edited by mypredilection; 08-Feb-16 at 19:51.
The Following User Says Thank You to mypredilection For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Feb-16, 18:27
Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,586 Times in 580 Posts
Default Re: Skill vs. Athleticism vs. Determination vs. Strength vs. Ability vs.Technical

I'm with you in that I enjoy the matches where the girls employ more scissors and pins vs. BJJ holds. I loved the old DWW product and was sad to see them go. I do now enjoy it occasionally when Fighting Dolls release a mixed video, but those days of normal athletic women with little or no BJJ or MMA training competing hard in videos have gone by.

I also liked some of the old Mass Muscle videos. Crush Wrestling has partially taken up that niche but their videos are generally staged. Although, in their recent Holly Hams vs. Britney Squeeze video both girls seemed to be applying real pressure in their holds.
Old 08-Feb-16, 19:11
Banned

Default Re: Skill vs. Athleticism vs. Determination vs. Strength vs. Ability vs.Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grap784 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm with you in that I enjoy the matches where the girls employ more scissors and pins vs. BJJ holds. I loved the old DWW product and was sad to see them go. I do now enjoy it occasionally when Fighting Dolls release a mixed video, but those days of normal athletic women with little or no BJJ or MMA training competing hard in videos have gone by.

I also liked some of the old Mass Muscle videos. Crush Wrestling has partially taken up that niche but their videos are generally staged. Although, in their recent Holly Hams vs. Britney Squeeze video both girls seemed to be applying real pressure in their holds.
What I want is that they have good skills (but in wrestling not BJJ). They be athletic, not FBB's. They have defined muscles and when in a hold do everything they can to escape.
Old 08-Feb-16, 19:37
Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100 Points: 94,813, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprediliction [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What I want is that they have good skills (but in wrestling not BJJ). They be athletic, not FBB's. They have defined muscles and when in a hold do everything they can to escape.
I agree with you and would say that Fighting Dolls is the closest thing on the market today with those qualifications. My comment about Mass Muscle/Crush Wrestling had more to do with being believable. The physiques on those women make me believe that they can make a person submit without using BJJ even though they are FBB's. One of my biggest complaints is that you watch a video and it doesn't seem believable that the women in the video can elicit a submission. The majority of the Fighting Dolls women would qualify to your video preferences.
Old 08-Feb-16, 20:01
Points: 5,631, Level: 31 Points: 5,631, Level: 31 Points: 5,631, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Yes, Fighting Dolls is the largest competitive wrestling "league" out there, but there's many other smaller ones now also... Fight Pulse, Alpha Catz, Female/Mixed wrestling zone, and some others in London. The Fighting Doll wrestlers such as i.e. Kimly, Eva, Luna, Petra are the real deal and they have great events also.

Although, when you say "skilled", that could be in many ways of course. i.e. in Olympics amateur wrestling, they don't use the headscissor even though it's a real move that can really hurt someone if they don't submit. Also, the schoolgirl pin is a real pin if applied properly. And the breast smother is a real move also (and is done at Fighting Dolls). I've been breast smother and it's basically like being suffocated by a pillow...gotta submit or you'll be out. But those things done with two guys wrestling would just be weird... lol

Last edited by ryandev; 08-Feb-16 at 20:21.
Old 08-Feb-16, 21:12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandev [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, Fighting Dolls is the largest competitive wrestling "league" out there, but there's many other smaller ones now also... Fight Pulse, Alpha Catz, Female/Mixed wrestling zone, and some others in London. The Fighting Doll wrestlers such as i.e. Kimly, Eva, Luna, Petra are the real deal and they have great events also.

Although, when you say "skilled", that could be in many ways of course. i.e. in Olympics amateur wrestling, they don't use the headscissor even though it's a real move that can really hurt someone if they don't submit. Also, the schoolgirl pin is a real pin if applied properly. And the breast smother is a real move also (and is done at Fighting Dolls). I've been breast smother and it's basically like being suffocated by a pillow...gotta submit or you'll be out. But those things done with two guys wrestling would just be weird... lol
When one of these BJJ experts submit to a breast smother, I'll believe it......

Sure ArielX, VeVe & Kathy use the breast smother & sgp as a key to their success.
Old 08-Feb-16, 22:57
Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

FWIW, I've gotten submitted a couple of times by women using a breast smother. While having a fairly technical match, I think I misread them coming up into a high mount position as thinking them about using a neck crank which means I'm bring my hands inboard and high to try to block it. And that seems to leave me set up to be smothered. It isn't pretty at all when you are working fairly hard and they do that to you.
Old 09-Feb-16, 00:25
Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,833 Times in 574 Posts

I think it is a bit odd that while the pro-style matches such as the various producers mentioned above have gone over to BJJ and other martial arts type of matches, pro wrestling which many scoff at for their antics and fake wrestling have slowly gone over to some of the very holds and moves missing in your matches. Many pro matches seem to stay with a few of the longer lasting holds such as scissors which were dropped in the past for more action. Now the holds are an important part of the wrestling repertoire and there are many videos specializing in only those holds or others such as longer crabs and armlocks and such.
Old 14-Feb-16, 13:48
Last Achievements

I think this new woman at Alphacatz has some potential that has been discussed in the previous few posts. Good to see a new face on the scene with the build and strength she possesses.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]