Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 26-May-18, 12:54
Points: 1,490, Level: 15 Points: 1,490, Level: 15 Points: 1,490, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Can a girl really beat a guy up?

At the risk of sounding like a douchebag, I have to say that I am extremely skeptical of the idea that a female could beat a male up.

Lets be honest, males are stronger. Science has shown this.
Greater bone mass density, high levels of testosterone etc.

Furthermore, my from my experiences play wrestling with girls and stuff, I have been much stronger and its been quite easy, even wrestling girls who are bigger than me. And im not even that big, im 21 yrs old, like 5'9"/5'10", 140 pounds.

Ive watched some videos and it always seems like the guy is not trying or there is a huge size difference between the guy and the girl.

Im relatively new to the whole mixed wrestling thing, so of course my knowledge may be limited, but Im just saying what I feel, I dont mean to offend anyone.

Thanks
Old 26-May-18, 13:09
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts
Default Re: Can a girl really beat a guy up?

It is possible but there has to be a huge difference in grappling skills between the two, or the girl has to be exceptionally strong and facing a relatively small/weak male.
Old 26-May-18, 13:28
Last Achievements

So, pretty much this supports my belief that if a guy and girl with similar training, and no significant size difference, were to wrestle, the guy would always win.
Old 26-May-18, 13:39
obfusc9981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanhwt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
At the risk of sounding like a douchebag, I have to say that I am extremely skeptical of the idea that a female could beat a male up.

Furthermore, my from my experiences play wrestling with girls and stuff, I have been much stronger and its been quite easy, even wrestling girls who are bigger than me. And im not even that big, im 21 yrs old, like 5'9"/5'10", 140 pounds.

Ive watched some videos and it always seems like the guy is not trying or there is a huge size difference between the guy and the girl.

Im relatively new to the whole mixed wrestling thing, so of course my knowledge may be limited, but Im just saying what I feel, I dont mean to offend anyone.

Thanks
You're wrong... you want to tell me that you (21 yo, 5'9'' and 140 pounds) could beat this girl in wrestling match?

Old 26-May-18, 13:45
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny18 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're wrong... you want to tell me that you (21 yo, 5'9'' and 140 pounds) could beat this girl in wrestling match?

First of all she is not really a great indication of a typical girl's size, due to her abnormally huge thighs.
But either way I think i could probably beat her. I'm probably quicker than her and possess greater upper body and overall strength.

Just my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmanhwt For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-18, 13:48
obfusc9981

Nowadays, there are really lot of girls like her, especially by crossfit and woman fitness becoming more popular... and you can see lot of girls building up muscles and getting bigger...
So, I can conclude that you're wrong when you said: "I am extremely skeptical of the idea that a female could beat a male up. Lets be honest, males are stronger."

Because there are lot of girls who could beat up not just smaller males !

P.S. Upper body strength would not help you much when you go down on the mat with her... because when she manages to wrap these thighs around your head or your tiny waist she can crush your ribs and send you to hospital!
Old 26-May-18, 13:58
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny18 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nowadays, there are really lot of girls like her, especially by crossfit and woman fitness becoming more popular... and you can see lot of girls building up muscles and getting bigger...
So, I can conclude that you're wrong when you said: "I am extremely skeptical of the idea that a female could beat a male up. Lets be honest, males are stronger."

Because there are lot of girls who could beat up not just smaller males !

P.S. Upper body strength would not help you much when you go down on the mat with her... because when she manages to wrap these thighs around your head or your tiny waist she can crush your ribs and send you to hospital!
I see what ur saying, there are some girls that are stronger than guys, but typically these girls have a huge size advantage over the guy. Strength is actually very difficult to improve. Going to the gym and being fit definitely help put on muscle and make your body look better, but they might not increase your core strength by that much. So the idea that a girl can train her way to make up for the strength differences between her and a guy similar to her size, is hard to believe for me. An insane amount of strength training would be required to make up for differences in bone density and testerone levels, etc.
Old 26-May-18, 13:58
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanhwt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So, pretty much this supports my belief that if a guy and girl with similar training, and no significant size difference, were to wrestle, the guy would always win.
There are always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking you are right.
Old 26-May-18, 14:11
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:

Thanks

The fastest way to test your theory is to take some beginner lessons in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

You'll learn pretty quick whether smaller people can defeat larger opponents.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-18, 14:17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The fastest way to test your theory is to take some beginner lessons in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

You'll learn pretty quick whether smaller people can defeat larger opponents.
It's true smaller people can defeat larger opponents, but often those smaller people are actually stronger. For example, like I said earlier, Ive beaten girls who were bigger than me because I was stronger than them despite my relatively small size
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jmanhwt For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread