Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Dec-20, 12:49
Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Very very important, written consent and legality!!!

Interesting topic. I once broke an arm in a wrestling match. It was an accident and I was surprised how easy it snapped. It left me with a 10,000 euro medical bill. I told the insurance company that I fell awkwardly but they didn’t believe me. They said that kind of fracture couldn’t be caused by a fall. So I told them what happened and they wanted the session wrestler to pay the medical bill. I talked my way out of it, but I think the session wrestler is always responsible, even if there is a written consent or if it is an accident. Same for the client, he is responsible if he accidentally injures the wrestler.
The Following User Says Thank You to borin64 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Dec-20, 15:22
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias702212 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good luck! You will just make lawyers richer, first by paying them for wording the paper then, in case either party starts legal action, to enforce your position, but never ever you will "protect" you or the other party from any damage with any paper.

What is it, what you´re worrying really about? Getting bones broken and wanna have the other party paying the doctor? Or wanna do illegal stuff (like dangerous breath play for example) and having a paper make it look serious and legal? What is your concern? Life is risky, there are insurances for everything, but "protection" is not a matter of paper.
The last time I saw a red flag this large, it was being carried through the Kremlin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Backdoorman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Dec-20, 15:26
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by borin64 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Interesting topic. I once broke an arm in a wrestling match. It was an accident and I was surprised how easy it snapped. It left me with a 10,000 euro medical bill. I told the insurance company that I fell awkwardly but they didn’t believe me. They said that kind of fracture couldn’t be caused by a fall. So I told them what happened and they wanted the session wrestler to pay the medical bill.
Is this real? Because this doesn't sound real. Putting it nicely, your story does not pass the smell test.

Quote:
I talked my way out of it, but I think the session wrestler is always responsible, even if there is a written consent or if it is an accident. Same for the client, he is responsible if he accidentally injures the wrestler.
Good thing you were there to save the day with your wit. Zweig will probably caution me for saying this, but I'm struggling to come up with a polite way to say you are approximately 100% wrong. And crazy. You're the type of client who makes things tough on session providers while thinking you are the one who is providing the service.

And now I'm embarrassed for even contributing to this stupid thread. *facepalm*
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Dec-20, 15:31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbobby [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi Wer, out lf curiosity, how was the man permanently damaged from being choked? What are the damages? Aking because id like to get choked myself one day but a bit affraid to do so.
Tracheae are easy to fuck up, and fucking them up is very bad. I also know of a guy who was strangled as part of an attempt on his life and his voice was damaged for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borin64 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Interesting topic. I once broke an arm in a wrestling match. It was an accident and I was surprised how easy it snapped. It left me with a 10,000 euro medical bill. I told the insurance company that I fell awkwardly but they didn’t believe me. They said that kind of fracture couldn’t be caused by a fall. So I told them what happened and they wanted the session wrestler to pay the medical bill. I talked my way out of it, but I think the session wrestler is always responsible, even if there is a written consent or if it is an accident. Same for the client, he is responsible if he accidentally injures the wrestler.
1.) You say Euro, but what country in the EU doesn't have some degree of public healthcare?

2.) You admitted to lying to your health insurance company, and an unnecessary lie at that. Seems like that's your fault.

3.) If you broke your arm as easily as that, you probably need to see the doctor for other reasons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backdoorman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Dec-20, 17:17
Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is this real? Because this doesn't sound real. Putting it nicely, your story does not pass the smell test.

Good thing you were there to save the day with your wit. Zweig will probably caution me for saying this, but I'm struggling to come up with a polite way to say you are approximately 100% wrong. And crazy. You're the type of client who makes things tough on session providers while thinking you are the one who is providing the service.

And now I'm embarrassed for even contributing to this stupid thread. *facepalm*
This is exactly the reason that I don’t write very often on forums like this. The users are biased, they don’t know the facts, and jump to conclusions.

Of course I can’t prove that this happened. All I can say is that I wrote about it on this forum four years ago. See this thread [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I can’t think of a reason why I would write again about this incident four years later, but I am sure the users of this forum can think of a reason.

Sorry, for contributing to the forum. Won’t do it again.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]: Please delete my account.

Last edited by borin64; 06-Dec-20 at 17:23.
Old 06-Dec-20, 17:35
Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,500 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
This is exactly the reason that I don’t write very often on forums like this. The users are biased, they don’t know the facts, and jump to conclusions.

Of course I can’t prove that this happened. All I can say is that I wrote about it on this forum four years ago. See this thread [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I can’t think of a reason why I would write again about this incident four years later, but I am sure the users of this forum can think of a reason.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]: Please delete my account.
Lol. No point in not contributing to a thread or having your account deleted just because of some dude who would forget the argument in a few hrs or day or so. . Yes, it does get annoying if maybe one or two people target your post , but killercrushes isn't that bad of a guy.

this forum is no where near toxic enough to warrant deleting your account all over some E debate

Last edited by KazanaVest12; 06-Dec-20 at 17:43.
Old 06-Dec-20, 17:44
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for positively contributing for this thread!

Omote gyaku twist armbar (if I am correct) only could cause such ripping of tendons and bones and can cause an extensive injury difficult to operate and to heal.
I personally know 3 people that got damaged the same way, the incidental jerking motion at full extension of the armbar is problematic.
You did well not to blame it on the wrestler, you probably did not feel it until it was too late.(hot needles under the skin feeling anyone?)
Making the legislators acknowledge the existence of mixed wrestling(in form if an association or a sports club?) and legalizing the matter would make it possible for both parties to be covered by an insurance policy.
It would be helpful to know which country you come from. That way this discussion you had with the insurance people could have a context
upon which I could build my analysis.
Please also, don't mind the haters, in this world they are unfortunately as abundant as sand in the desert.
Old 06-Dec-20, 21:49
Banned

Quote:

Okay, I misread and thought you had said you had broken your arm while ARM wrestling. That seemed improbable to me, but broken during regular wrestling makes more sense.

My other objections about the medical bill and the insurance still stands, though, and the thread you linked had even less information.
Old 07-Dec-20, 14:33
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My other objections about the medical bill and the insurance still stands, though, and the thread you linked had even less information.
Well, I 'll give you german example:
In situations where any kind of emergency medical procedure is necessary(broken arm is an emergency) usually people get bills to their home address. It is up to them to contact their insurance to see if the policy purchased(there are more packages- some have more, some have less bill coverage) covers the situation at hand and in what financial amount,
the job of insurance people there is to assess those issues, keeping in mind that their job is also to keep insurance business profitable, that means risk assessment, injury assessment and coverage assessment.
Pleased to be able to inform you, sir Backdoorman.
However I suppose, considering how orderly German folks are, that else in Europe(excluding Scandinavia) things are further south(if you 'll pardon my pun).
Old 07-Dec-20, 15:24
Producer
Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In situations where any kind of emergency medical procedure is necessary(broken arm is an emergency) usually people get bills to their home address.
Well, in fact that depends on what kind of accident the broken arm comes from and for what kind of insurance that bill is for. Anyway, insurance will send you a form where you have to declare the situation. That's for one and only that reason: Recover costs [Regress]. So, at the long end, lawyers will make money, when the question of responsibility is subject to discussion of any insurance issue. As told above, lawyers will be involved in any case. With or without written paper of consent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alias702212 For This Useful Post:

Tags
accidents, consent, injury, legal safety, legality, mixed fighting, mixed wrestling, referee, safety