Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Feb-20, 21:06
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default Alert: E-mail impersonator for VeVe Lane

Heads-up: Someone is impersonating VeVe Lane on e-mail using the e-mail address "[email protected]" (possibly others?)

VeVe only uses the exact following e-mail address: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

VeVe was alerted to this when she was contacted by another session wrestler who had been contacted by the impostor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Feb-20, 21:22
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Alert: E-mail impersonator for VeVe Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Heads-up: Someone is impersonating VeVe Lane on e-mail using the e-mail address "[email protected]" (possibly others?)

VeVe only uses the exact following e-mail address: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

VeVe was alerted to this when she was contacted by another session wrestler who had been contacted by the impostor.

Anybody who gets that email might want to report it to the Federal Trade Commission:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Feb-20, 21:03
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

The e-mail impostor strikes again. I just received word this morning from yet *another* session wrestler who had been communicating with that VeVe-impersonator e-mail address, thinking it was VeVe.

The impostor contacted the other wrestler, attempting to talk about a video shoot she and VeVe recently had. The impostor then tried to make a connection between that wrestler and a potential client.

The impostor-VeVe said of the potential client: "hes a good guy, I vouch for him." We believe that this potential client may be the impostor.

Again, the impostor used this e-mail address: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Feb-20, 23:36
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

I sort of admire the nerve required to do this more than anything. The transposing letters thing is as old as the internet itself, I've always had a good eye for spotting it but obviously the trick relies on folks only half paying attention.
Old 26-Feb-20, 00:22
Session Wrestler
Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

I want to thank DiabloNYC for getting this warning up here even faster than I was able to. I've posted to my Twitter, my Instagram, and Sessiongirls already -- I hope this information can get spread far and wide everywhere it needs to go to completely expose this scammer.

On the one hand, he's using this alias to provide false references for someone (probably himself), which is dangerous and already unforgivable. But he's also representing me as someone who does KO's and blackmail (fine for ladies who do these things responsibly, but I don't personally do them) and as someone who contacts other wrestlers out of the blue to badmouth yet other wrestlers.

I'm extremely irritated about this, and while I'm dealing with it, I really appreciate everyone who spreads the word, or at the the very least reads emails critically for traces of bullshit.

Thank you!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vevelane For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Feb-20, 11:25
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vevelane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But he's also representing me as someone who does KO's and blackmail (fine for ladies who do these things responsibly, but I don't personally do them)
Hope you put this imposter out of business quickly. BTW, what is "blackmail" in the context of wrestling and what is the responsible as contrasted to the irresponsible way of doing it?
Old 26-Feb-20, 11:40
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vevelane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I want to thank DiabloNYC for getting this warning up here even faster than I was able to. I've posted to my Twitter, my Instagram, and Sessiongirls already -- I hope this information can get spread far and wide everywhere it needs to go to completely expose this scammer.

On the one hand, he's using this alias to provide false references for someone (probably himself), which is dangerous and already unforgivable. But he's also representing me as someone who does KO's and blackmail (fine for ladies who do these things responsibly, but I don't personally do them) and as someone who contacts other wrestlers out of the blue to badmouth yet other wrestlers.

I'm extremely irritated about this, and while I'm dealing with it, I really appreciate everyone who spreads the word, or at the the very least reads emails critically for traces of bullshit.

Thank you!
Veve, you are a professional in the true sense of the word and you run a first class business. It sickens to think someone is out there using the reputation you have built for their benefit.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post: