Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Kinky Lucrecia: The Real Mixed Strength Contest.
Get this video at: Kinky Lucrecia - KL161.

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Yara vs Charlie.
Preview in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-177.




Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 19-Jun-21, 04:55
jiminy's Avatar
jiminy jiminy is offline
Member
Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100
Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 3,197
Thanked 8,956 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What was his rank? Like 1000 or worse? In an exhibition match? Anyway, I don't know much about tennis.

You guys insult women when you say they can only beat boys or bad amateur teams/players.

As a football (soccer) fan, women can't compete with men. One of the best wome's national teams lost to 15-year old boys 7-0. What does that tell you?
It tells me you’re triggered by women beating men.

It doesn’t matter what rank or level, these are still proud men that have invested time and energy into something and certainly don’t like losing to women. But lose they do.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 19-Jun-21, 05:16
Freeman20 Freeman20 is offline
Member
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 252
Thanks: 29
Thanked 171 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It tells me you’re triggered by women beating men.

It doesn’t matter what rank or level, these are still proud men that have invested time and energy into something and certainly don’t like losing to women. But lose they do.
I'm triggered by the stupidity I see here most of the time. Let men and women compete in the Olympics and see how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 19-Jun-21, 11:53
Elbow Escape Elbow Escape is offline
Member
Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52
Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 227
Thanked 4,504 Times in 922 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just go watch what Serena Williams said sbout playing against men instead of these fantasy world videos and stories. She's the best female tennis player ever and one of the top female athletes.
Serena Williams never said that she would lose to any random man off the street who just played tennis a bit with his friends lol

Added after 21 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm triggered by the stupidity I see here most of the time. Let men and women compete in the Olympics and see how it goes.
I don't get the meaning of post like this, nobody ever denied that there is a very large gap between men and women on average or that male olympians would completely embarass female olympians.

The debate is about professional women vs average men, where things are not as cut and dry.

There is a massive gap between an average man and a man in the top 1%, let alone a man good enough to go pro or compete in the olympics (which is something like the top 0,0001% of men).

What's the percentile where men start beating even the best women in the world may not be that obvious.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 19-Jun-21 at 11:52.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 19-Jun-21, 13:36
jiminy's Avatar
jiminy jiminy is offline
Member
Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100
Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 3,197
Thanked 8,956 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't get the meaning of post like this, nobody ever denied that there is a very large gap between men and women on average or that male olympians would completely embarass female olympians.
The garcons jump to making statements like that in the hope others see it as a means of mitigating the failings of other men.

"Don't look at that, look at THIS."

As you say, no one ever said or alluded to sportswomen being able to beat all men. That's just his own insecurity surfacing by feeling the need to say that.

It's like when I was a child and I'd see a woman beating up a man on TV or in a movie, I'd feel compelled to comment aloud how fake it was, how it wouldn't happen in real life... In truth I was spooked by the worrisome thought that there actually were women capable of doing that. I wanted to believe being born male was a birthright to physical superiority over women. I wanted others to agree and reassure my young, fragile ego.

Another thing that I noticed was that the more "realistic" the scene was, the more triggering it was. If it was just some daft comedy sketch where a woman flipped a man, I wasn't bothered by that. But a man fighting for his life and failing getting killed by a female villain or a guy being brought to justice against his will, fair and square, by a female law enforcer, that was much more jarring to my psyche.

Notice these people never go onto threads that are obviously fake/fantasy, it's always real accounts of women beating men in real sports/fights that triggers them.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 19-Jun-21, 19:34
Freeman20 Freeman20 is offline
Member
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 252
Thanks: 29
Thanked 171 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

I thought this was a comparison between men and women in soccer. You people go to there are women who could beat men in sports. Of course that could happen under certain circumstances. However, in sports like soccer, basketball, volleyball...etc women can't compete with men.

Obviously, I'm the triggerd one ��
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 19-Jun-21, 22:53
Elbow Escape Elbow Escape is offline
Member
Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52
Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 227
Thanked 4,504 Times in 922 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I thought this was a comparison between men and women in soccer.
You people go to there are women who could beat men in sports. Of course that could happen under certain circumstances. However, in sports like soccer, basketball, volleyball...etc women can't compete with men.

Obviously, I'm the triggerd one ��
They can't compete when we talk about professional vs professional or average vs average, this is of course not up for debate.

The discussion however was about women who are good enough to play soccer professionally vs men who are not good enough to even play in an actual team and had to resort to just play with friends at the park or at best play in the very lowest amateur divisions (and while it may sound like a derogatory label it really isn't, 99% of men fall into that description).

This is where things are not that obvious anymore (like the different opinions in this thread kinda prove) and therefore discussing and analyzing it to try to get closer to the truth become interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Of course that could happen under certain circumstances
Well, the point is determining exactly what those circumstances actually are.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 20-Jun-21, 02:11
stymie's Avatar
stymie stymie is offline
Member
Points: 98,727, Level: 100 Points: 98,727, Level: 100 Points: 98,727, Level: 100
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,348
Thanks: 12,778
Thanked 15,188 Times in 4,097 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What is your point? When she says "men" she is referring to elite, world ranked men. Probably top 500. Certainly not men off the street. lol

Patty Schyder, who is nowhere close to being the best woman of all time and never won a grand slam major beat a professional male player Patrik Mayr. He was the champion of his home state of Tyrol in Austria. A stud in his own right who beat plenty of competition for that honor. Tyrol is home to almost 2 million people and he was the champion. One man. And he couldn't beat a woman.
What were the rules of that match? In all the mixed exhibitions I've seen of the pros (other than the Bobby Riggs matches) the male had to defend the doubles court, lost a point for each faulty serve (they didn't get a pass for an initial fault), etc.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 20-Jun-21, 15:47
jiminy's Avatar
jiminy jiminy is offline
Member
Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100 Points: 58,846, Level: 100
Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,008
Thanks: 3,197
Thanked 8,956 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What were the rules of that match? In all the mixed exhibitions I've seen of the pros (other than the Bobby Riggs matches) the male had to defend the doubles court, lost a point for each faulty serve (they didn't get a pass for an initial fault), etc.
It was a fairly contested, best of 3 sets singles match with no special rules. Patty won 7-6 7-5.

If you follow Tennis, it's actually fairly common that the top women will practise with lower ranked (100-1000) and generally it's quite competitive with a few stories emerging here and there that make it to the media's ears.

I've posted and discussed about them in other threads already, so won't go over it again in this thread which is supposed to be about women and men in Football.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
  #39  
Old 29-Jul-21, 03:13
Amazonia Amazonia is offline
Member
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 650
Thanks: 759
Thanked 2,934 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What were the rules of that match? In all the mixed exhibitions I've seen of the pros (other than the Bobby Riggs matches) the male had to defend the doubles court, lost a point for each faulty serve (they didn't get a pass for an initial fault), etc.
I did a lot of research on that match. It was a fairly contested match that happened in 2002 on some Austrian local tournament between Swiss female professional player Patty Schnyder and Austrian male professional player Patrick Mayr, both 23 years old. It was officially a "friendly" exhibition but a lot of pride was obviously on the line as the match was basically meant to show that a #1183 ranked man could beat a top #10 female player easily, which is what the crowd also expected to see. I looked at tennis forum threads before the match and they all thought Patrick was going to win easily.

It was supposed to be a total mismatch where they expected Patrick to either win in straight sets or let Patty win some games. But in the end, Patty beat him in a hard competitive match 7-6 7-5 and it was a big upset.

The thing was, Patty Schnyder was not even top 10 at the time but barely top 20 female player, ranked #15, and not really formidable athlete either, only 5'6'' tall.

Also Patrick was better than his rank suggested, being ranked #892 just months ago and had in that year beat a guy in top 300 and another guy who would become top 200.

So this was really embarrassing and what I imagine also a very ego-crushing loss for him.

A stud pro player and local champ losing to this scrawny 5'6'' woman:



On top of everything, that same month after her big victory over a man Patty lost to an 18 year old girl Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 2-6 4-6.

Luckily for Mayr internet wasn't what it is now back then so this embarrassment went pretty much unnoticed outside of tennis hardcore fans who did make fun out of him. His career also plummeted afterwards.

Another proof how embarrassing this loss was for entire male Austrian tennis was that the next year, they wanted revenge and challenged Patty Schnyder again, bringing #250 ATP Austrian player Daniel Köllerer to "teach her a lesson". He was expected to win in straight sets but he also struggled and even though he won, it was a competitive 6-2 6-4 score and not really a one-sided trashing Austrian male tennis players were hoping for lol.

Added after 9 minutes:

Luckily I saved old tennis forum comments before and after the match so you can see what the mood was before and after the match.

Before the match:

"He will win easily, the woman has no chance"

Quote:
Im pretty sure Patrick will give her 2 or three games cause this is an exhebition normally he should double bagel her for sure
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
That boy should beat Patty pretty easily. He'll probably let her win some games, to amuse the crowd
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

After Patty Schnyder beat him:

People who saw event confirm that it was a real match.

Quote:
Schnyder vs Mayr wasnt faked. The croud really laughed at Mayr after the match cause he really was upset. Before the match everyone said that Patty will have no chance but she proved them wrong.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

After the humiliating defeat sunk in:

Quote:
Patrick Mayr hasnt shown his face in public since he got beat by Patty two years ago. I doubt that kind of embarassment is worth the 10 or 15 thousand$ that these guys are getting paid for the exho.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Austrian male tennis players vowing revenge after one of their champs was beaten and embarrassed by a Swiss woman:

Quote:
[Patty]'s got to know that the Austrian men have put a price on her head now. Even though it was only Patrick Mayr, that match had to be a big embarrassment for Austrian men's tennis.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

People on betting forum mock Mayr for losing:

A poster on a German forum who pasted random tennis results added a nickname of Patrick "I-lost-to-Patty-Schnyder" Mayr while reporting his result in an unrelated male vs male tennis match.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Soon other members joined the taunting.

"Oh my God, the poor guy must have really got embarrassed by Patty " (post #84)

Post #86 for example (my translation from German): "Patrick Mayr played in a "battle of the sexes" match at the end of last year. The match was supposed to show that a #1187 male (Mayr) can beat a top 10 female player any time.
Patty wasn't a top 10, however, but a top 20 player.
The end of the story was that Patty beat the poor Patrick Mayr in two straight sets. "



Another pic of Patty Schnyder:




Must have been so emasculating for a stud male champion to lose to a woman looking like that...

Last edited by Amazonia; 29-Jul-21 at 03:22.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
  #40  
Old 29-Jul-21, 03:42
Elbow Escape Elbow Escape is offline
Member
Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52 Points: 14,662, Level: 52
Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 227
Thanked 4,504 Times in 922 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I did a lot of research on that match. It was a fairly contested match that happened in 2002 on some Austrian local tournament between Swiss female professional player Patty Schnyder and Austrian male professional player Patrick Mayr, both 23 years old. It was officially a "friendly" exhibition but a lot of pride was obviously on the line as the match was basically meant to show that a #1183 ranked man could beat a top #10 female player easily, which is what the crowd also expected to see. I looked at tennis forum threads before the match and they all thought Patrick was going to win easily.

It was supposed to be a total mismatch where they expected Patrick to either win in straight sets or let Patty win some games. But in the end, Patty beat him in a hard competitive match 7-6 7-5 and it was a big upset.

The thing was, Patty Schnyder was not even top 10 at the time but barely top 20 female player, ranked #15, and not really formidable athlete either, only 5'6'' tall.

Also Patrick was better than his rank suggested, being ranked #892 just months ago and had in that year beat a guy in top 300 and another guy who would become top 200.

So this was really embarrassing and what I imagine also a very ego-crushing loss for him.

A stud pro player and local champ losing to this scrawny 5'6'' woman:

On top of everything, that same month after her big victory over a man Patty lost to an 18 year old girl Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 2-6 4-6.

Luckily for Mayr internet wasn't what it is now back then so this embarrassment went pretty much unnoticed outside of tennis hardcore fans who did make fun out of him. His career also plummeted afterwards.

Another proof how embarrassing this loss was for entire male Austrian tennis was that the next year, they wanted revenge and challenged Patty Schnyder again, bringing #250 ATP Austrian player Daniel Köllerer to "teach her a lesson". He was expected to win in straight sets but he also struggled and even though he won, it was a competitive 6-2 6-4 score and not really a one-sided trashing Austrian male tennis players were hoping for lol.
I wonder why nobody ever talk about it while everyone and their grandmother, including people who have never watched a tennis match in their life, know that the Williams sisters lost to a man ranked outisde of the top 200.

I seems that everytime a man beat a woman it get ton of exposure and it get parroted around like propaganda as a proof that "even the best women can't compete with regular men" (usually belittling the men's credential as much as possible to make the loss look way more embarassing than it should for the women), while when the opposite happen it's quickly swept under the rug like it never happened and only hardcore fan of that specific sport have a chance to learn about it.

Just like everyone has heard that "a team of 15 year old boys" beat a women's national team 7-0 in soccer but nobody knew that the Barcelona's female team trashed some male team in a similar manner, or like everyone keep talking about how Fallon Fox smashed the skull of some bum female fighter but nobody ever mention that he also lost badly to a biological woman like Ashlee Evans Smith.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strength Comparison videos DiabloNYC Wrestling & Fighting Videos 3 26-Mar-23 15:21
Biceps comparison phlfrrll Wrestling & Fighting Pictures 1 01-Sep-18 07:48
Woman deadlifts 335 lbs (almost) - is that strong in comparison ? chris035 Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 35 22-Jul-17 10:54
Emma - comparison of strength Anonymous1234 Wrestling & Fighting Stories 17 07-Jun-16 03:11


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.