Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Mar-16, 18:43
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts
Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

Being serious, it's not a male/female issue ... Go back and watch the early UFCs (number 1 especially) Royce Gracie weighed >200lbs less than some of his competitors, and had minimal striking, and won every fight

There was also a Japanese Judo fighter, Yuki Nakai, who got to the final of a Vale Tudo event, beating world-class fighters 100lbs heavier, a foot taller
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

In Jujitsu, every match is a simulated death match .. A choke in a real fight is game over; break a limb and it's not a fight anymore ... In the early days, very few strikers who weren't actually trained in grappling defense could compete against grapplers – world champion boxers used to get destroyed by amateur wrestlers in exhibition matches, because wrestlers train to shoot in fast enough not to get caught ... So taking gender out the equation, 100lb weight advantage hasn't been enough to bridge a grappling deficit in the past
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:48
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

Hitting a highly skilled fighter isn't as easy as you seem to be suggesting.

I can tell you from personal experiences that a 100-lb weight advantage vs someone who knows what they are doing can actually be a *disadvantage*, as you'll find your bodyweight (and even sometimes your strength) being used against you. To me, it's pretty cool, because the physics of the martial arts are so fascinating to me.

You should also consider the fact that someone highly skilled in jiu-jitsu knows how to quickly identify and exploit openings. While you may think that an average build, 120-lb woman fighter isn't necessarily that strong, when all her energy is focused on your elbow, you're going to become acutely aware of just how much damage she can do if she chooses not to stop. In a so-named "death match", I'm guessing you would not want her to stop, and with each broken bodypart, you'd have ever-decreasing chances to survive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:50
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by y4syspok [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No, I've never wrestled anybody before. Their ability to wrestle has no relevance to this. This scenario already puts the female at high skill level in the grappling department. This topic isn't about wrestling. It's about a fight to the death. My question here is, how would they survive the standing fight, and then the ground fight if punching, kicking, tackling, slamming, and really anything was allowed? If the female has no experience in any hand to hand combat, I feel like weight advantage would win before any grappling started. A 120 pound female doesn't have the force it takes to knock someone out with a punch.(at least, not easily) A 200+ pound male does. Even if she's in guard, and the two are trading blows, I feel like the female would get knocked out before anything like a guillotine, armbar, or triangle was applied.
Well, maybe if you've wrestled someone you wouldn't feel this way. The most important things in wrestling carry over in a fight: quickness and reflexes. If a girl has vastly superior reflexes and is so quick in a wrestling match that you didn't stand a chance in getting any offense on her the entire match, it would be dumb to think you would fare any better in a real fight. You're not talking about a skilled wrestler vs a skilled puncher. You're talking about a skilled wrestler vs a guy who isn't skilled in anything. I'd also be willing to bet a girl who is a great grappler would probably "tackle, slam, and kick" better than a guy who has no skill whatsoever.
Old 27-Mar-16, 19:47
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Well y4syspok, I understand your reasons but the real point here is that your original "scenario" includes too many possibilities. I mean, depends on "who vs who" and there is a huge range of situations in a serious, real life's fight (even more than a competition). So man, all I can say is "yes, it may happen". Btw, some time ago I tried to "summarize" a similar topic (from post #84 on [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]).
Old 27-Mar-16, 20:03
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by y4syspok [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A 120 pound female doesn't have the force it takes to knock someone out with a punch.(at least, not easily) A 200+ pound male does. Even if she's in guard, and the two are trading blows, I feel like the female would get knocked out before anything like a guillotine, armbar, or triangle was applied.
derp derp derp
Dunno if you realize this but a significant part of any decent grappling training is learning how to control/deal with the limbs of someone a lot bigger than you…which are usually what people punch and kick with. When I wrestle VeVe, the fact that I'm uninterested in striking her as an option for freeing myself is irrelevant, I'm physically unable to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 20:08
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
derp derp derp
Dunno if you realize this but a significant part of any decent grappling training is learning how to control/deal with the limbs of someone a lot bigger than you…which are usually what people punch and kick with. When I wrestle VeVe, the fact that I'm uninterested in striking her as an option for freeing myself is irrelevant, I'm physically unable to do it.
Also the odds that an untrained guy could punch faster than an elite female bjj competitor can counter while in guard is slim to none.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Mar-16, 00:44
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Last Achievements

Death match?
Old 28-Mar-16, 02:05
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

That is a tough question when you think about it. When these highly skilled girls fight in Jiu Jitsu, they don't have to worry about taking punches. If I could land a few punches, it would probably be enough to take advantage of a fight. However, if these girls can get a choke hold on you before you are able to land any good punches, they can put you out in a matter of seconds. And its all over.
So if it is a matter of a girl who is ONLY skilled in grappling, I would have a pretty good chance of winning the fight. But if the girl is trained in grappling AND some other form of fighting, I'm a dead man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Braddogg4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Mar-16, 03:47
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
No, I've never wrestled anybody before. Their ability to wrestle has no relevance to this. This scenario already puts the female at high skill level in the grappling department. This topic isn't about wrestling. It's about a fight to the death. My question here is, how would they survive the standing fight, and then the ground fight if punching, kicking, tackling, slamming, and really anything was allowed? If the female has no experience in any hand to hand combat, I feel like weight advantage would win before any grappling started. A 120 pound female doesn't have the force it takes to knock someone out with a punch.(at least, not easily) A 200+ pound male does. Even if she's in guard, and the two are trading blows, I feel like the female would get knocked out before anything like a guillotine, armbar, or triangle was applied.
A 120-pound female is often FAST. How can you knock her out if you can't catch her? Serious question. I'm nearly 200 pounds, and I've been shocked by how fast much smaller session wrestlers are...
Old 28-Mar-16, 03:48
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Also the odds that an untrained guy could punch faster than an elite female bjj competitor can counter while in guard is slim to none.
BINGO

The original poster may have asked an interested question "in theory," but my guess is he's never grappled with any truly skilled ladies out there...
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post: