Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Nov-20, 08:04
Points: 6,983, Level: 35 Points: 6,983, Level: 35 Points: 6,983, Level: 35
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Twitter News

I, for one, am delighted that the session rates thread lives on here. It's easily more entertaining than the majority of threads. This is great.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Nobody For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 01:40
Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,500 Times in 949 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to KazanaVest12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 09:28
Session Wrestler
Points: 4,381, Level: 27 Points: 4,381, Level: 27 Points: 4,381, Level: 27
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Nobody [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I, for one, am delighted that the session rates thread lives on here. It's easily more entertaining than the majority of threads. This is great.
Most sessioners that claim to make buckets of money are bad at math and aren’t subtracting their expenses. SOME may have difficulty even understanding that what they spend on a trip means they did not make the gross amount in income. Some may not subtract what they spend on costumes and beauty products (that they otherwise would not need). If you do the math, it’s easy to see that the average cost of visiting a city runs between $500-$1500, depending on several factors that are not always under the wrestlers control. If the average session is $500 (this is my average based on longer sessions and complex sessions upping the average. I used excel, it's accurate), you would have to do 150 sessions to gross $75,000. The average expense is 1/3 the gross. This, again, is from my own expense sheet. Sometimes I can get the expense down to 1/4, and generally, that's what I aim for. I have compared notes with both Dommes and wrestlers, and that expense level seems to be pretty consistent. Hotels, flights, gas, and trains cost what they cost. So, the person doing 150 sessions NETS $50,000. The amount of sessions you have to do to hit $100,000 net is 300. That is 5 sessions a week. while we might do that many and more while traveling, it is not like that every week of the year. I would believe that some very well established dommes and wrestlers could make this with careful and strategic planning. A brand new and popular person might make that in the first year if they are both smart and lucky. But usually, when people try to work that hard that consistently, they get injured. We don't get unemployment insurance (present pandemic excluded), so it becomes a situation that is exhausting, impractical, and dangerous. Nobody is making more than a middle-class citizen with wrestling sessions. When the business was more exclusive, they might have, but I have little direct knowledge of that. Many people supplement with videos, which is also very competitive. You can add maybe 10-15% average increase in income this way. But again, I'm taking expenses into account. Money in sales is a gross number. Some of the producers that created a production business that's been producing for over 5 years can make a lot more than that, but these are exceptions. The average wrestler won't make anything near what these stores make.

That being said, I think it behooves every wrestler and Domme to appear wealthy and in demand. The psychology behind it is well understood. If you seem poor or needy people will tend to try to take advantage of that or consider that your services must be of low quality.

I am sure there is a way to reuse the same clothes for every city for five years and stay in the rattiest of ratty motels to squeeze ever drop of profit out of your sessions. But, that tends to be a depressing way to do business (for wrestler AND client).

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Twitter: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Instagram: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Amazon [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 12-Nov-20, 10:40
Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Your opinion about people who think session rates are too high has already been discussed at nauseam -- so much so that the admin of the site closed the thread on it. Why are you sabotaging the point of this thread by bringing it up again?

But fine. Here's what's wrong with your argument:
1. I thought it was relevant. It wasn't my intention to restart the convo.

2. I didn't really say she was struggling. But generally people who do well don't drive 20 year old cars. And if KimChi says that Madison is a very hard worker then this makes it even more relevant.

3. No one rents out 20 year old vans.

4. Sure some people prefer older cars. Classics. Maybe sports cars from their youth. Iconic cars. I doubt boring 20 year old family vans fall into that category.

5. Yes maybe you're frugal. But notice how I said it's an old car. Old cars have reliability issues the older they get. Even Toyota engines and transmissions start giving out and start being more trouble than they're worth.

6. True. I don't know her situation. Maybe you're right about other circumstances.

Also I think your evidence expectations are way too demanding.

Anyway my post clearly rubbed people the wrong way so I won't drag it out further. I apologize if it derailed this thread and detracted from her serious condition.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazanaVest12 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Oh man. I wonder if he did it on purpose to rebel against his domme.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustang40k For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 12:45
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Last Achievements

gee must be hard to just go out and buy a usb charger..

Added after 14 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Anat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you do the math, it’s easy to see that the average cost of visiting a city runs between $500-$1500
thanks for sharing actual insightful data with us. We've been fighting amongst ourselves like a bunch of children lol. Come more often please.

Last edited by Johnhwasser; 12-Nov-20 at 12:45.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 13:41
Points: 1,854, Level: 17 Points: 1,854, Level: 17 Points: 1,854, Level: 17
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Anat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That being said, I think it behooves every wrestler and Domme to appear wealthy and in demand. The psychology behind it is well understood. If you seem poor or needy people will tend to try to take advantage of that or consider that your services must be of low quality.

Are you sure this is purely a means of marketing or also related to the strange virus that infects human beings and makes them desperate to seem more “successful” than they are? It seems that the average person is trying hard to convince the average person that they are more successful than average, although being more successful than average only generates feelings of jealousy and disdain. So, is there sth in receiving jealousy and disdain?? If that’s the case, how ironic is it that the average person would consider us here as pervs!! Or maybe I miss sth, just because I am below average…

P.S. It is very good for you to try to get the math you are talking about right and do it fairly. I am worried that making that sort of money for an hour drives girls away from potential careers that might look way less rewarding if not compared to this properly. Relying only on sessions to live might be working for some, but it would be good if the more experienced of you, help them sanitise their long term expectations. I imagine that this might be a good and fun way to live, as long as you don't HAVE to keep on doing it in order to live. It should be very tough emotionally and ultimately financially if this becomes one's only route.
Old 12-Nov-20, 18:51
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
If you do the math, it’s easy to see that the average cost of visiting a city runs between $500-$1500...you would have to do 150 sessions to gross $75,000. The average expense is 1/3 the gross. So, the person doing 150 sessions NETS $50,000. The amount of sessions you have to do to hit $100,000 net is 300. That is 5 sessions a week.

Nobody is making more than a middle-class citizen with wrestling sessions.
Thanks for the post! It's good to hear from an actual session wrestler with insight on this. Had a few questions, though:

1) Your math makes sense, but I noticed it doesn't take into account when session wrestlers operate from the city they reside in (i.e. and therefore don't have to spend anything on travel costs). Would you say most sessions take place on the road or at home?

2) I was under the impression that session wrestlers who travel purely for work never buy plane tickets or book hotel rooms until they have enough deposits from clients in that city to cover the cost of the trip (or unless someone sponsors the trip). Is this not true?

3) About how many sessions per week would you say the average session wrestler gets? And about how many per year?

4) Would you say most session wrestlers are happy with the # of sessions they get and aren't looking to get more, or are most always on the lookout for new clients? If it's the latter, why?

5) I see that a lot of session wrestlers put their Amazon wishlist on their profiles in the hopes that clients will purchase some of the clothes you had mentioned above. Do you find that this often happens?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-20, 03:23
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-20, 07:06
Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Most sessioners that claim to make buckets of money are bad at math and aren’t subtracting their expenses. SOME may have difficulty even understanding that what they spend on a trip means they did not make the gross amount in income. Some may not subtract what they spend on costumes and beauty products (that they otherwise would not need). If you do the math, it’s easy to see that the average cost of visiting a city runs between $500-$1500, depending on several factors that are not always under the wrestlers control. If the average session is $500 (this is my average based on longer sessions and complex sessions upping the average. I used excel, it's accurate), you would have to do 150 sessions to gross $75,000. The average expense is 1/3 the gross. This, again, is from my own expense sheet. Sometimes I can get the expense down to 1/4, and generally, that's what I aim for. I have compared notes with both Dommes and wrestlers, and that expense level seems to be pretty consistent. Hotels, flights, gas, and trains cost what they cost. So, the person doing 150 sessions NETS $50,000. The amount of sessions you have to do to hit $100,000 net is 300. That is 5 sessions a week. while we might do that many and more while traveling, it is not like that every week of the year. I would believe that some very well established dommes and wrestlers could make this with careful and strategic planning. A brand new and popular person might make that in the first year if they are both smart and lucky. But usually, when people try to work that hard that consistently, they get injured. We don't get unemployment insurance (present pandemic excluded), so it becomes a situation that is exhausting, impractical, and dangerous. Nobody is making more than a middle-class citizen with wrestling sessions. When the business was more exclusive, they might have, but I have little direct knowledge of that. Many people supplement with videos, which is also very competitive. You can add maybe 10-15% average increase in income this way. But again, I'm taking expenses into account. Money in sales is a gross number. Some of the producers that created a production business that's been producing for over 5 years can make a lot more than that, but these are exceptions. The average wrestler won't make anything near what these stores make.

I am sure there is a way to reuse the same clothes for every city for five years and stay in the rattiest of ratty motels to squeeze ever drop of profit out of your sessions. But, that tends to be a depressing way to do business (for wrestler AND client).
But don't most wrestlers also have some kind of video/clip sales? I get your point, but rarely do a wrestler rely on just sessions right?
Old 13-Nov-20, 09:51
Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:

Thanks Anat. Let me reply and I am happy to see you here. Your reply is good for business because this is exactly what we need. wrestler/fan interaction.

Here is my response as I mostly agree with you, but I have seen things from a different angle.
Some trips are also sponsored. As someone that used to be friends with a lot of session wrestlers (I am not in the scene anymore because now we can buy customs online rather than in person) I am told and I have seen the rooms that some of the guys pay for. And some of the guys also pay for their flights.
Now this is not everyone. Most session wrestlers drive or fly on their own dime but there are fans out there that still fly in even the least popular girl now and then.

Also financial gifts are given to some of the session wrestlers.

And some session wrestlers even have clients that will book a whole day with them. One of my old session wrestler friends had a client fly her in on a regular basis and he would pay for a whole weekend with her. I have even met the guys too. Nice guys all of them.
Now 15 to 20 years can go by very quick and perhaps the scene has changed as I noticed a lot of new girls keep on popping up. And I know some of them don't do well or even try to do well.

Thanks for the post Anat.
The Following User Says Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post:

Tags
drama, goddess anat, mark gagliardi, megan jones, twitter