Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 21-Apr-22, 00:56
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts
Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's worth pointing out that he also studied BJJ video tutorials and he practiced/sparred with his friends, which despite not being anywhere nearly as good as taking actual classes still makes you 10X times better than your untrained self as far as grappling skills go.
Yeah – friend of mine from the army (competitive weightlifter) said he thought he was going to die during his first roll .. It was with a teenage girl.

It's a profound experience for most men (the few who ever actually put themselves in that position) to realise how hopeless you are in that kind of combat situation – with someone actually trying to dominate you and put you in a position where they can kill you.

I bet it would be just the same in Olympic wrestling .. There was that video on Youtube of the young male reporter interviewing a highschool girl wrestling champ, and getting mauled on the mat .. Haven't seen that one on YT in years?

Jobbers must be pretty fit .. I think the level of domination you'd get from an unfit guy going against a real female grappler would be pretty unusual to see .. Even in BJJ, it's only 6 months in you realise the girl you rolled with early on was probably only going 20% on you.

Added after 16 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
True... But it must also be said there is less (if any) stigma for a weak girl to be seen being weak.

I've seen that a lot too; barbells with a couple of little 5kgs. They might do 3 sets of 10, stopping at 10 each time looking like they could easily do another 10 or put another couple of 5s on each side of the bar... But they never do.

But then you have to bear in mind what their goal is. Unlike men, most don't care about showcasing strength or seriously chasing hypertrophy.

Most say they are training to lose weight and "tone up". So weight loss and general health, exercising is their goal.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard a woman say "I'm not very strong", yet rarely heard it from a man unless it's directly comparing himself to someone ridiculously strong.

I've noticed an uptick in younger female demographics (16-25)going heavier though. Heavy triples, doubles and seeing where their max is. Smashing PBs. Especially on squats and deadlifts. Some treat upper body like many men will treat legs. i.e. skip it... But they'll always hit squats at least 2 times a week.
Oh yeah – it's been noted that in *many* gyms these days you get girls training the big compound lifts (mainly squat and deadlift) while guys do isolation exercises and 'functional' training.

At the commercial gym I go to, girls are doing 200kg hip thrusts, while guys are curling 10kg dumbbells .. So a lot of bodybuilder guys note that these girls are doing progressive overload, full body compound exercises, boosting HGH, and they're likely to be growing more muscle – gaining way more strength.

Girls also tend to be much more disciplined when they're actually trying to build muscle .. The number of girls I see with lifting notebooks these days, progressing every session, on programs, tracking macros .. I'm genuinely curious to know what it feels like to grapple a hardcore gym girl, because I know the kind of exercises they do (like heavy lunges) build this phenomenal leg, hip and lower back strength, and whether you'd get absolutely humiliated meeting that kind of strength head on

Last edited by Ryan Futuristics; 21-Apr-22 at 00:56.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Apr-22, 03:19
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts
Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Apr-23, 20:48
Points: 2,998, Level: 22 Points: 2,998, Level: 22 Points: 2,998, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

The problem is that our impression is entirely on what it is -- like the stats, this percent that percent etc. What probably we forget is that "what it is" is not biologically fixed, it is a combination of factors, the most important of them being social and cultural. As these factors are changing, the stats do also change. The progression of the "strength gap" since say 1990 to 2023, if drawn on reliable data, I think it will show a gradual narrow-down.
Old 18-Apr-23, 20:06
Points: 4,719, Level: 29 Points: 4,719, Level: 29 Points: 4,719, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I would add that even in the realm of "physical fitness" there are different ways to measure strength.
The excerpt below I found on a google search:
Strength Level calculates your performance in compound exercises like bench press, deadlift and squat. Enter your one-rep max and we will rank you against other lifters at your bodyweight.

I could see the average 25 year old women who isn't a zealous bodybuilder maybe having a better max weight on a squat then an average man, but the opposite is probably true for bench press. This goes back to the generic "Men have better average upper body strength and women's hip-to-waist ratios contribute to better average low body strength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnate For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Apr-23, 19:43
Points: 7,431, Level: 36 Points: 7,431, Level: 36 Points: 7,431, Level: 36
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Femdom Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sure, it's always conceivable, especially if the big NFL player was completely uninitiated and even a little naive to the effectiveness of these Jiu-Jitsu techniques AND the woman was very skilled, athletic and strong in her own right - a Bia Mesquita for example. I think such a woman would be VERY few and far between to tap such a big athletic hulk. Size, strength and athleticism combined is very difficult to overcome if you're behind in all three of those categories and only have knowledge and experience in your favour and there is a point where a significant size/strength/athleticism gap will make it insurmountable.

For me, athleticism is perhaps the most important factor of all. Athleticism transcends activity and is the catalyst for skill - the level at which one can perform and level of mastery one can display.

Give an athletically gifted person some tutelage and they're invariably going to do more with it than an average or less athletically gifted person. That's why someone like Greg Hardy can go from the NFL to UFC and need very little time to adapt and almost immediately be competing at a high level. It's why people say "give Serena Williams a year to train and she'd beat such-and-such WMMA fighter" and I believe them. Maybe not the likes of Nunes, Cyborg, Shevchenko, etc, who are athletic she-studs themselves (Cyborg was a national level handball player) but the likes of Roxanne Modaferri, who might boast 20 years MMA experience, black belt BJJ, brown belt Judo, but still have nowhere near the athleticism of Williams thus nowhere near the competitive sporting potential.

As I've said before, thinking we all start from the same place when learning a new skill and have the same ceiling of potential based on time and effort put forward is a huge fallacy.

By the same token as NFL players, you can take big female olympic throwers like Valerie Adams, Sandra Perkovic and Shelbi Vaughan and they'd simply just squish a lot of little try-hard males.

Does it really matter that this little, unathletic Indian guy might know a bit of Jits from classes twice a week for the last 6 years, or would Adams just maul him like a Momma bear with a cub? It's basically adult vs. child.

...Does it really matter that these little Chinese Shaolin Monks have dedicated their lives to practising arty-farty, floaty Kung Fu compared to 6ft, 175lbs powerhouse Belarussian Tennis player Aryna Sabalenka? Put them in a cage and she most likely steamrolls any of them 1-on-1 based on size, strength and athleticism alone.

That indian guy is fairly above average for indian male physique standards too. From the POV of an average indian urban guy who has moved to the west, women of various ethnicities being physically superior to him due to fitness and diet, and some even inherently so due to better genetics, would be not only realistic but also the norm.

Asian women:

Arab women:

White/Hispanic women:

Pakistani women too:

Women from every nearly ethnicity that the average indian guy finds attractive frequently outstrip him in physicality for one reason or the other. It is a humbling experience to be physically inferior, often genetically so, to swathes of attractive women.
The Following User Says Thank You to .... For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Apr-23, 21:14
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,428 Times in 4,303 Posts

6 true Stories of Women Showing Up the Men in Their Gyms

“Shortly after we started dating, I asked my boyfriend to lift with me at my gym. According to him, he lifted every day, so I didn’t think joining me would be all that challenging. Little did he know, though, that he was walking into my territory, where chicks lift heavy and push just as hard as any guy. He ended up making it through about 20 minutes of my workout before he disappeared to the restroom for the next 20 minutes. He returned pale but ready to give it another go. Later that morning, he had to drive about an hour to work and actually had to walk backward up the stairs so his legs wouldn’t crumble under him. Today, we're married, and he survives the gym daily with me—but he still takes breaks in the bathroom while I secretly smile and continue my sets and lifting more than him!”
—Jess K.

“I’m 5 feet tall and weigh maybe 105 or 115 pounds. I wouldn't know exactly since I never get on a scale. But aesthetically, I don't look like a bodybuilder and my petite size is misleading. So one day, when the squat rack was free, I proceeded to start my warmup. As I was getting ready to start, this guy, maybe 6’7” tall, comes and asks how many I have left. I politely let him know I was just starting but that he could feel free to jump in. I let him go first. As he racked the plates, I warmed up doing burpees. When he finished, he started to take off a plate. I politely said, ‘No don't remove that.’ He looked at me, puzzled, and asked, ‘Are you doing the same weight?’ I smiled and said, ‘No, I want to add another plate.’ I started to do my set. Before I even finished, he had left.”

—Malvina P.

“My husband and I used to do workout routines from health and fitness magazines together. I would pull out my sets of weights and tell him to get heavier ones. But he usually ended up grabbing lighter ones like mine, resting more, and complaining. He wasn't a fan of my tips on his technique and form, either. We've done more separate workouts lately as he cant keep up with me now! Ha! ”

—Jennifer N.

[[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:

Tags
asian, indian, latina, pakistani, white