Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 10-Nov-20, 20:06
Producer
Points: 10,137, Level: 43 Points: 10,137, Level: 43 Points: 10,137, Level: 43
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,139 Times in 194 Posts
Default Re: I was a video jobber: Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Brett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd say more times than not, if you think a video was really bangin, you have the jobber to thank. At the very least, he's making her look good ...
That's not the first time I hear a jobber telling that. But it's not that easy.

In fact, you have to thank all participants. The jobber, the camguy, the cutter, the direktor and last but not least the girl performer. The really good selling videos are always the result of the perfect team at the perfect location setting.

I can't say, that the jobber is that important. He is part of the team and he has to work for the model looking good, that's true. But this is not all. I have videos with the same jobber selling bad and also some bestsellers. So it needs definitely much more of to get a good job done.
Old 10-Nov-20, 22:45
Points: 1,978, Level: 18 Points: 1,978, Level: 18 Points: 1,978, Level: 18
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias702212 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's not the first time I hear a jobber telling that. But it's not that easy.

In fact, you have to thank all participants. The jobber, the camguy, the cutter, the direktor and last but not least the girl performer. The really good selling videos are always the result of the perfect team at the perfect location setting.

I can't say, that the jobber is that important. He is part of the team and he has to work for the model looking good, that's true. But this is not all. I have videos with the same jobber selling bad and also some bestsellers. So it needs definitely much more of to get a good job done.

Well, yes of course. All of that goes without saying. I was speaking specifically to the girl / guy dynamic.

The 'myth' was the general impression that the jobber is a 'lucky guy to roll around with her' at best or 'got beat up by a girl' at worst. The reality is, it doesn't quite work like that, as I explained. But if the viewer leaves with that impression, I've done my job.

Think of it this way...

A green girl with a terrible jobber will be a terrible video.
A green girl with a great jobber can be a good, popular video.
A video with a spectacular girl working with a terrible jobber will ruin the video.
A spectacular girl with a great jobber will make all the money and be legendary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Was Brett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 13:50
Points: 6,799, Level: 35 Points: 6,799, Level: 35 Points: 6,799, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

During your matches when one of the ladies applied a face sit - did you have to stay in that position for a certain amount of time so the producer could get the footage/pics ? If you tapped , did they female give you a break and then sit back down ?

If you truly couldn’t breathe- how long did you hold out until tapping ?
Old 12-Nov-20, 17:35
Points: 1,930, Level: 17 Points: 1,930, Level: 17 Points: 1,930, Level: 17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Brett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So I started a thread with a different motivation here: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

And turns out I got more questions about my experience in the thread and in DM than results haha.

So figured why not put that in one place, since there's probably more out there. Back in the day, I performed for a lot of companies as 'Brett' and had some popular videos for Flamingo, BOTS / markf30, Leather and Lace / Wraslingal Brandy, Miss Lexi, MWUSA, and probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting, along with my own site (kinda) [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

So let me open the floor to anything you've always wondered. Ask away and I'll answer honestly!
Would you be interested in working in my potential mixed wrestling business?
Old 12-Nov-20, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisslanger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
During your matches when one of the ladies applied a face sit - did you have to stay in that position for a certain amount of time so the producer could get the footage/pics ? If you tapped , did they female give you a break and then sit back down ?
That's one way to do it, yes. For longer face sits, the girl, though her taunting and trash talk, is giving you a chance to get air, and/or sitting in a way where you can breathe some. It's all up to what the producer wants. Which brings me to your next question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisslanger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you truly couldn’t breathe- how long did you hold out until tapping ?
For the ones that wanted "shoot" style face sitting (my Flamingo match with Suzanne, for instance) we were just like: "Go for it, I'll resist, but if you get it I'll just hold out as long as I can." I'd say about 10-20 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Would you be interested in working in my potential mixed wrestling business?
Sure, why not.
Old 12-Nov-20, 19:37
Points: 2,431, Level: 20 Points: 2,431, Level: 20 Points: 2,431, Level: 20
Last Achievements

Hi Brett if you can choice any girl from fighting dolls for a video vs her,which one did you like to wrestle?
Example me lenora or kim ly
Old 12-Nov-20, 20:07
Points: 9,229, Level: 41 Points: 9,229, Level: 41 Points: 9,229, Level: 41
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

You've talked a bit about the psychology of the match and explaining that to the girls. What exactly do you mean by that and what exactly would you tell the girls to get the results you/the producer were looking for?
Old 12-Nov-20, 21:08
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

What was your favourite hold to be put in, if you had one. And what was your least favourite?

And why?

Thanks for your time answering in this thread - really interesting!
Old 12-Nov-20, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franmixedwrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi Brett if you can choice any girl from fighting dolls for a video vs her,which one did you like to wrestle?
haha fantasy booking? I love it!

If we're talking specifically from Fighting Dolls, Kim Ly (in her prime) would have to be my #1. Lenora would be a lot of fun too. Luna would make the list. I go for the girls I find attractive, and there's a lot on their roster. I could look for hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to I Was Brett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Nov-20, 22:14
Points: 36,671, Level: 84 Points: 36,671, Level: 84 Points: 36,671, Level: 84
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,551 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
The 'myth' was the general impression that the jobber is a 'lucky guy to roll around with her' at best or 'got beat up by a girl' at worst. The reality is, it doesn't quite work like that, as I explained. But if the viewer leaves with that impression, I've done my job.
Without naming names, many of the most "successful" jobbers (in terms of how many companies/videos they're in and the big names they wrestle with) often seem to be regarded as "very annoying" or "terrible" by commenters and viewers. Do you think that's just a false perception of mine, or do these guys do something else to get booked so often?