Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Oct-19, 16:24
Points: 3,986, Level: 26 Points: 3,986, Level: 26 Points: 3,986, Level: 26
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Search Re: Losing against your wifes/girlfriends. Really?

Most blokes who are bigger and/or stronger than average, usually don't have a good idea what is average for a male. The average male is around 5'9", though it varies country to country. Their average bench press is around 60kg from memory (can someone check this). If you live in the gym you will probably find this hard to believe, because your view is skewed. Also relationship height differences tend to be skewed since there is a slight preference for taller men and less tall women.

Another masking factor is quite a few women tend to act weaker, let men win, in intergender contests. Plus more women are less used to giving 100% in physical tasks. Take away these biases and things even up quite a bit. As an above average strength guy I was defeated in a game of mercy in a relationship. I have also been defeated in an armwrestle, both arms. I am more likely to find these outcomes since I put forward more challenges.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-19, 23:04
haymaker

Default Re: Losing against your wifes/girlfriends. Really?

Unless you are a professional at a sport there will be generally be a small percentage of woman who can beat you at it. Before I met my wife I easily beat every girlfriend I ever wrestled and I fully admit that I have never come close to beating her in a match. I might be slightly stronger than the average guy, I would say 70% percentile and can beat the vast majority of woman but my wife is probably 99%+ in terms of strength and wrestling ability for a woman and I have no chance against her.

She assumes she would easily beat most guys(which she would), so doesn't really think much of the fact that I can't beat her. Also, her perspective is almost masculine in her confidence and ego, and she sees herself as basically the alpha male when it comes to fighting/wrestling and of course I would have no shot to beat her, so I think she is actually more comfortable in our relationship in the fact that I always lose to her than if I could actually ever beat her.

Last edited by haymaker; 06-Oct-19 at 07:03.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-21, 15:05
Points: 10,734, Level: 44 Points: 10,734, Level: 44 Points: 10,734, Level: 44
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,881 Times in 224 Posts
Default Re: Losing against your wifes/girlfriends. Really?

Great responses by everyone

Yes , losing to your wife “happens”
My first time was a shocker, in front of my younger children
Started off as playful , then things turned more physical when she actually wanted to be competitive (I believe that is the key component)
I ended up schoolgirl pinned after 5-10 minutes of competitive wrestling, the kids were cheering us both on, neither wanted to lose , in the end I believe it came down to her will to win and my fear not to lose to a girl ...
She also had more stamina, previous wrestling experiences (which I found out more details later on)
In my experience of wrestling with mostly family members , the competitive ones have an edge physiologically over men , when they actually fight back , men seem to have a tendency to be shook and lose their physical edge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slip For This Useful Post: