Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Dec-19, 10:58
Producer
Points: 9,393, Level: 41 Points: 9,393, Level: 41 Points: 9,393, Level: 41
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: United States: Lack of session wrestling talent these days

As someone who has sent out thousands of recruiting messages over the last 8 years I can say this:

- recruiting for competitive female vs female wrestling is hard
- recruiting for competitive female vs male wrestling would be 4 times as hard

I only speak of my personal experience and current area.

Anecdotal to be sure, but I could see this playing out the same in many regions worldwide.

Most ladies have nothing against it, but the idea of wrestling guys (or gals) they do not know is generally not a pleasing thought.

I'm not sure at this time what the easing process would be.

The easy answer is more money, but it's hard to square that in many different ways.

It's one of the reasons I charge a higher price and let fans be in their own fan series and make lifetime money back on the content they appear in.

It helps subsidize the girl where I can potentially pay a higher price to her.

Live streams could potentially help with this as well, but it's not something a ton of fans have shown interest in just yet.

Women flake and reschedule, a lot. It sours both sides. It creates bad patterns in her if you let her get away with it.

Punishment is a double edged sword and will most likely not get your desired effect, just hurt feelings.

Policing this is not easy.

They do lie. It's a defense mechanism. Not so much malicious from their point of view, but it can be very malicious to your wallet and time.

And, you must consider short term wear and tear and long term wear and tear on the girl as well.

If she is a beautiful, feminine type girl the clock is ticking. The chances of her staying in this long term are near zero.

For a stronger, more muscled, type they can last longer and might even enjoy it more.

A difficult dilemma.

Best advice I can give is get them while their active and "in it" mentally.

Don't assume she will still be wrestling 6 months from now or 1 year from now.
The Following User Says Thank You to femalewrestlingchannel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-21, 17:03
Points: 956, Level: 12 Points: 956, Level: 12 Points: 956, Level: 12
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Default Re: United States: Lack of session wrestling talent these days

i think mermao, and other people on this site are correct when they say many women are doing video or instagram sites. the women who are pursuing wrestling ,strength sports wo'nt become pro wrestlers or do sessions. also, as one guy put it, would you be ok having your daughter wrestling some strange guys in a hotel room on a regular basis? no i would not.