Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Jul-19, 09:16
Banned
Points: 4,677, Level: 28 Points: 4,677, Level: 28 Points: 4,677, Level: 28
Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5%
Last Achievements

Default United States: Lack of session wrestling talent these days

Anyone else notice that there has been a big drop off session wrestling talent in the United States over the past few years? The women who are both attractive and skilled in session wrestling and who have entered over the past lets say 4-5 years are very few and far between. The very few who have entered have extremely tight touring schedules and the veterans have all either retired or dont tour as often anymore. Its mostly unattractive and or unskilled women wrestlers with bad and bitchy attitudes these days. Did years of a strong economy and social media ruin it fot those of us in the United States?

Its almost as if quality has been replaced by quantity.

At the same time, the level of talent has really picked up in Europe and Canada.

Last edited by krunch1980; 19-Jul-19 at 10:03.
Old 19-Jul-19, 14:41
Points: 5,349, Level: 31 Points: 5,349, Level: 31 Points: 5,349, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: United States: Lack of session wrestling talent these days

As a big guy myself, I do get rather disappointed at the number of 5'2", 5'3" women that become available rather than the amazon types. I am most interested in the women who have the athletic bodies of tennis and volleyball players. Just recently, I had a great session with Stronggoddess Annazon who is every bit 6'0" tall and played volleyball in college. Also, living in Florida, I can't believe the few number of women that come out of Miami-Miami South Beach. You would think that hundreds of women would come from there! Still, whoever the women are, I am grateful they are available. Remember: these women do no have to do this. They could all leave the business tomorrow and not miss it.

What I do not like of late are the very negative profiles where female wrestlers seem to be shouting at us. You will do this....you will do that. I completely understand many of these women receiving emails from men who just want to talk incessantly and not set up a session, or men who overexpect. However, the profile is a selling point. Kassidy has a good profile from back in the day where she says, "I can't wait to wrap my legs around you!" Also, due to being scammed twice, I will not put down a deposit; at least not to ladies that are just beginning and haven't established a reputation as of yet.

But, back to your point. I would like to have a session with Ava Simone and Megan Jones someday. They are the athletic amazons you may want to get a hold of.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikebelemy For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 15:29
Banned
Last Achievements

Yes. Ava Simone and Kayla Woods are two that have entered the scene lately who I have enjoyed sessioning with. They are fun, hot, and are working on improving thier session wrestling skills and dont act like entitled princesses to thier customer base on Twitter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krunch1980 For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 15:36
Points: 2,947, Level: 22 Points: 2,947, Level: 22 Points: 2,947, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Grappling Re: United States: Lack of session wrestling talent these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch1980 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
At the same time, the level of talent has really picked up in Europe and Canada.
Where in Canada?! There are still basically no session wrestlers at all east of Montreal that I can find
Old 19-Jul-19, 16:08
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,104 Posts

Some good ladies have retired recently, but I wouldn't call it a lack of session talent, but the US is a big place and local talent varies a LOT.

I agree on Europe. Some nice wrestlers in Europe now.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 16:26
Points: 26,174, Level: 70 Points: 26,174, Level: 70 Points: 26,174, Level: 70
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunch1980 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The women who are both attractive and skilled in session wrestling and who have entered over the past lets say 4-5 years are very few and far between. The very few who have entered have extremely tight touring schedules and the veterans have all either retired or dont tour as often anymore. Its mostly unattractive and or unskilled women wrestlers with bad and bitchy attitudes these days.
I don't think I agree with this, or at least I'm not sure things have changed so much recently. I think it is a noise problem, there are lots of good ladies who have recently entered, the problem is plucking the diamonds so to speak because there are more to choose from now. If you are in a major city, there probably is someone near you who can give you a good semi-comp session.
It might be true that it's harder to have a fully competitive session, but the ladies capable of giving you that should also be the easiest to spot if that's what you're looking for. The question is, how many of those top step of the podium ladies really were there in the past? The thing is, we know who the great ladies available 10 years ago were, but of course we don't have that same perspective on who we can meet now.
As for the attitude of some of the ladies, again I think we need to be careful. Bookers used to be more prominent in the scene so there was a filter between providers and clients. Add things such as twitter and we now see discussions and comments that used to be confined to chatter among the ladies themselves.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebelemy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As a big guy myself, I do get rather disappointed at the number of 5'2", 5'3" women that become available rather than the amazon types.
This is a 'problem' I have also. But by definition ladies like this are very rare, so it's only logical we would notice when there are a few less available at a given time. Someone who has a thing for natural redheads would lament their scarcity the same way.

Last edited by boyofwinter; 19-Jul-19 at 16:26.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 16:54
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

This is a puzzling post. From my perspective, there are more great US session girls than ever. Kayla, Ava, Veve, Skylar, Jennifer, Nicky, Lia, Mahea, Lana, Camille, Tyler, Safa, Kim, Cyprus, Arekah, Savannah, Anji, Kristina, Severa. And many others I have not seen.

Last edited by pinme; 19-Jul-19 at 17:15.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinme For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 17:29
Points: 55,905, Level: 100 Points: 55,905, Level: 100 Points: 55,905, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,414 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petec949 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Where in Canada?! There are still basically no session wrestlers at all east of Montreal that I can find
Other than Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, there's nothing. No difference now than what it was 20 years ago.
Old 19-Jul-19, 17:52
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinme [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is a puzzling post. From my perspective, there are more great US session girls than ever. Kayla, Ava, Veve, Skylar, Jennifer, Nicky, Lia, Mahea, Lana, Camille, Tyler, Safa, Kim, Cyprus, Arekah, Savannah, Anji, Kristina, Severa. And many others I have not seen.
Most of the ones mentioned came out over 5 years ago and have reduced thier activity. The first two that you mentioned were already called out as 2 of the exceptions.
The Following User Says Thank You to krunch1980 For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-19, 18:04
Producer
Points: 99,478, Level: 100 Points: 99,478, Level: 100 Points: 99,478, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,340 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think it is a noise problem [...]
Yes! Social media has grown in popularity and usage, and so we are hearing so VERY many voices these days. And as a result of social media's ease of use, the barrier to entry in the underground scene seems to have lowered considerably.

[and]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As for the attitude of some of the ladies, again I think we need to be careful. Bookers used to be more prominent in the scene so there was a filter between providers and clients. Add things such as twitter and we now see discussions and comments that used to be confined to chatter among the ladies themselves.
Also, yes! More with social media, too. When newcomer ladies have to deal directly with time-wasters, trolls, and wankers over so many platforms (SO many people have SO much access), this can really color the newcomers' attitudes, and it can influence their interactions with genuine inquirers.

I definitely have noticed social media playing an influential role here. There is just so much noise, for both the ladies and for the fans. And I bet a lot of people feel that if they don't make enough noise, they won't get noticed amidst the rest of the noise, and so forth, and so we all get this "flooded" feeling.

But also...

I've noticed it has been tough to get newcomer wrestlers started here in New York City. We had a boom of interest a few years ago, as a result of in-person meet-ups for wrestling practices. But it is super rare to randomly encounter interested newcomers these days. I have theories about social media and online communities contributing to this as well.

I also wonder if athletically-inclined ladies have more opportunities to pursue "mainstream" fight sports, or if potential newcomers are concerned about privacy and the scene's relationship with the internet, or if the whole marketing/promotional/social-media aspect seems overwhelming to newcomers...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post: