Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 17-Jul-21, 08:56
Points: 6,716, Level: 35 Points: 6,716, Level: 35 Points: 6,716, Level: 35
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Default how do my strengt compare?

I'm a male, 174cm and about 72kg. I'm in my 30s. I have never been very physically active, but recently have been a member at a gym for approx a year and a half. I know I'm quite weak compared to average men, but I'm curious about how I do strengthvise compared to average women/ girls, both untrained/ trained.

I use 5x5 model of lifting.

- Squat: 70kg 5x5
- Deadlift, 100kg , 5x5
- Benchpress, 47,5kg, 5x5
- Military press / shoulder press, 32,5kg, 5x5
- Pull-ups (overhand grip, i can do 5-6 with good technique)
-Push ups ( i can do about 25)
Old 17-Jul-21, 09:15
Producer
Points: 27,424, Level: 72 Points: 27,424, Level: 72 Points: 27,424, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default Re: how do my strengt compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm a male, 174cm and about 72kg. I'm in my 30s. I have never been very physically active, but recently have been a member at a gym for approx a year and a half. I know I'm quite weak compared to average men, but I'm curious about how I do strengthvise compared to average women/ girls, both untrained/ trained.

- Deadlift, 100kg , 5x5
The average woman cannot do a pull-up. You can do FIVE. Maybe it is just a matter of physical coordination, but that's pretty strong in terms of your total.

On the other hand, your bench press number is weak. Many untrained women can walk in off the street and do 45-50kg.

Your squats and deadlift are on par.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jul-21, 10:28
philla76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The average woman cannot do a pull-up. You can do FIVE. Maybe it is just a matter of physical coordination, but that's pretty strong in terms of your total.

On the other hand, your bench press number is weak. Many untrained women can walk in off the street and do 45-50kg.

Pullups aren't a good indicator of strength. Get yourself down to 6% bodyfat like some of the rock climbers and they'll do 1 arm pull ups.

I think the ops strength is quite low

Squats : Male novice for weight, Female Intermediate 50-60% of female lifters are stronger.

I won't go through the rest but I see a lot of women non professional outlifting the op in the gym.

I'd say 50-60% of all women would be stronger.

I remember when I was early 20s never gymed, I had similar stats
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jul-21, 10:46
Points: 13,839, Level: 51 Points: 13,839, Level: 51 Points: 13,839, Level: 51
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,422 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

- Deadlift, 100kg , 5x5
You may find this website useful:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jul-21, 11:59
philla76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You may find this website useful:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's where you can find where you're weak at. My biceps were the worst, but I'm not doing them anyway. Leads to too much tendonitis
Old 17-Jul-21, 14:08
Points: 6,716, Level: 35 Points: 6,716, Level: 35 Points: 6,716, Level: 35
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philla76 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Pullups aren't a good indicator of strength. Get yourself down to 6% bodyfat like some of the rock climbers and they'll do 1 arm pull ups.

I think the ops strength is quite low

Squats : Male novice for weight, Female Intermediate 50-60% of female lifters are stronger.

I won't go through the rest but I see a lot of women non professional outlifting the op in the gym.

I'd say 50-60% of all women would be stronger.

I remember when I was early 20s never gymed, I had similar stats
Wow, so you think I actually have no more physical strength than an average woman ? I must say I am very surprised by that, but it also turns me on. I wonder how I would do against a girl who lifts regularly? Fit girls who are into sports etc. Maybe they could kick my ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

You might be right about the benchpress. My ex girlfriend outbenched me after 6 months. There is also a group of teenage girls working out in my gym who outlifts me by far. Hot, beautiful girls, slightly toned.

Last edited by alfred123; 18-Jul-21 at 15:06.
Old 17-Jul-21, 20:36
Arnie

They were probably gymnasts.
Old 18-Jul-21, 15:54
Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26 Points: 4,050, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:

- Deadlift, 100kg , 5x5
Like a couple of others point out, your bench numbers almost don't make sense.
If your shoulders and grip can manage to hold 100kg deadlift as you take it up, you should be able to BP 50% more with just a little more pushing the boundaries.
Pull ups & Push ups just work on them. You're young enough to still make some good progression. Should easily be able to get up to 40-50+ press ups and 10+ pull ups with your weight.
As to comparison with 'average' woman, it depends what refer to.. Genuine 'Average' untrained woman in the street won't be anywhere near on most of those.. Average gym going type (Cardio, classes & some basic machines/weights) would go close on some, and average woman doing more proper weight training would outperform you on some.
I can't think when I last saw a woman at gym do 100kg deadlifts, but 70kg squat and 50kg+ BP for sure, and girls I know can do more press ups and pull ups.
Old 18-Jul-21, 16:02
Points: 4,425, Level: 28 Points: 4,425, Level: 28 Points: 4,425, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

First off - ignore any strength indicator websites, they don't look at the full picture. For example, let's say you have a metal plate in your shoulder which makes shoulder work difficult - it doesn't take that into account, it just spits out numbers.

Secondly there's no such things as an "average, trained girl". If the girl trains for strength, she isn't average. If you're asking how do you compare to regular girls who go to the gym, just to try and keep fit, that's different. You're stronger than they are, but you're also bigger. I will say any serious lifter girl at your size would eclipse your numbers pretty easily.

I myself have met plenty of women who easily outlift me, but they were always serious about their lifting.

I don't mean to sound harsh in any way, but for 1.5 yrs your overhead press and your bench aren't quite where they should be, in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to gymdudejosh321 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jul-21, 16:44
Points: 11,011, Level: 45 Points: 11,011, Level: 45 Points: 11,011, Level: 45
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymdudejosh321 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't mean to sound harsh in any way, but for 1.5 yrs your overhead press and your bench aren't quite where they should be, in my opinion.
I agree. But he said he's been a *member* for 1.5 years. Tons of people have been members at gyms for 5+ years and have only stepped foot in the gym once. He did indicate he's been there more than that, but if you only worked out every 1-2 weeks (for example), you'd make very little progress.

For short-term goals, I would try to get bench up to maybe 65kg and shoulder press up to 45kg. Squat could probably get close to deadlift, there's a big gap there to work on.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post: