Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Jul-21, 23:31
Points: 3,741, Level: 25 Points: 3,741, Level: 25 Points: 3,741, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Jennifer Aniston Vs. Middle Aged Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This guy still had 100lbs of "mass" on me. He was definitely stronger. But that doesn't count for much when your speed, co-ordination, balance and agility is SO much poorer than your opponent's.

The extra weight (fat) the guy had only served as a hinderance!! On paper, a 100lbs weight disadvantage is huge, but like I said, this was the easiest guy I ever beat as he was just so slow and cumbersome and ultimately quit/submitted due to lack of stamina/cardiovascular fitness.

Jennifer Aniston does have "training" -- she's been doing Budokon for circa 15 years "a hybrid between yoga and martial arts". You can also read about her Boxing training.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

As I posted in the Taylor Swift thread, guys like this:

...Guys like this are far more representative of the average American male than rugged outdoorsmen - construction workers, or guys that exercise regularly, eat well and care about their health.

So while you think "he's a man, he'll just grab her, over power her, he's too heavy" ... I know from experience, when your co-ordination, agility and general fitness is THAT poor, it's just not going to happen. What you've done to your body is a huge hinderance. You're trying to bestow attributes to these guys they just don't have.

You can say I'm doing the same with Jennifer, she's over 50 herself, no athlete... But she's exercising 5 days a week, training and living healthily, healthy diet. As a result, she's a much more youthful and physically capable 50 year old than many guys her age. Many just don't realise how unfit and incapable they are until they embarrass themselves.

You lose any and all credibility you have talking about “real” fights when you seriously comment, “Jennifer Aniston does have "training" -- she's been doing Budokon for circa 15 years "a hybrid between yoga and martial arts". If you’re really a fight fan don’t let your fetish override your brain. That’s not training anymore than cardio kickboxing is training for a boxing match. Totally agree she’s more fit than the average male her age, almost like she’s in a profession where beauty/fitness are vital to your career.
The Following User Says Thank You to socalblues For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jul-21, 00:51
Points: 57,375, Level: 100 Points: 57,375, Level: 100 Points: 57,375, Level: 100
Activity: 76.2% Activity: 76.2% Activity: 76.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,704 Times in 1,907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblues [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That’s not training anymore than cardio kickboxing is training for a boxing match.
Of course it is when your opponent is doing nothing at all, i.e. a couch potato!!

Simply just running is better training for a fight than doing nothing! You'd be strengthening bones, muscles, improving your cardio and burning calories; maintaining a healthy weight.

ANYTHING is better than nothing and that's why these fit celebs would embarrass so many guys out there; these guys are just too oafish, too out out of shape.

Old 01-Aug-21, 13:13
Points: 2,679, Level: 21 Points: 2,679, Level: 21 Points: 2,679, Level: 21
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

By your metric, I guess 40%?
I mean, the majority of the people of her age I assume are blue collar with dirty hands. You seem to underestimate the average middle-aged man and think that every man that age is a wheelchair-bound beanbag. I'm sure she has a lot of training and is a very fit woman at her age, but let's not pretend that she wouldn't just call security first and end it at that.
Old 01-Aug-21, 14:31
Sir Raleigh

On this board things seems always polarized: for some members, even the most dangerous female pro fighter would lose in a real match against an untrained man. For others, every athletic woman could destroy 90% of the men in a fight. It's hard for me to tell where real convintions end and where the fantasies start, but, being on a forum about the fetish of mixed wrestling, I guess nobody would confess
What jiminy says about the average joes overvaluing themselves is true, but at the same time there is a line which is not so thin between an average joe who overvalues his athletic skills and a bag of potatoes who can't even walk a plan of stairs without running out of breath. Between black and white, there are so many scales of grey...Plus, being athletic doesn't mean someone can fight or even fight back, there are a lot of people (the majority), even trained, who doesn't even know how to react to an aggression and remain paralized by the fear. Both men and women.
On the other hand I have to say that being athletic helps a lot in a fight. I have noticed that the better girls I know in martial arts practise some other sport to keep fit and strong (ex gymnasts, crossfit athletes, functional training, weight lifting, swimming). When I started Judo I was surrounded by female black belts who only did judo and they couldn't even move me from my position. When I challenged my younger sister (pro gymnast who switched to grappling) she surprised me with her agility, flexibility and explosive strenght and defeated me (gosh!). I'd say when these factors are united in the same person: good genetics, fighting skills, body training (stamina, strenght) and competitive nature, then you should not underestimate her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-21, 15:57
Points: 13,839, Level: 51 Points: 13,839, Level: 51 Points: 13,839, Level: 51
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,422 Times in 900 Posts

In my opinion it's impossible to give you an accurate answer since it would depend a lot on how good her fighiting istincts and her "fightiing intelligence" are and on how much she is able to remain calm, collected and think straight under pressure, basically on how much talent for fighting she has.
Those are all very important factors we have no way to know since we have never seen her fight.

For all we know she may just panic, get scared and be overwhelmed when she is attacked even against a fat, unfit and unathletic guy that she could theoretically beat, since she has never fought before and it's a foreing experience for her.
This kind of reaction is actually not uncommon for women since they are usually less aggressive than men and way less confident in their abilities to handle someone of the opposite sex.

Said that, maybe I'm overestimating guys who are 45-55 year old since I'm in my twenties and therefore I don't hang around them much nor I have the chance to test their physical abilities, but I don't think that so many of them are as weak, unfit and uncoordinated as you describe them.

Honestly I give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of men in her age group to win a fight against a much smaller woman of unverified fighting abilites and experience like Jennifer Anston.

I also point out that I have no idea what this Budokan training is and if it teach her legit techniques or not, so I'm not factoring it into my reasoning.
Old 01-Aug-21, 19:47
Points: 57,375, Level: 100 Points: 57,375, Level: 100 Points: 57,375, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What jiminy says about the average joes overvaluing themselves is true, but at the same time there is a line which is not so thin between an average joe who overvalues his athletic skills and a bag of potatoes who can't even walk a plan of stairs without running out of breath. Between black and white, there are so many scales of grey...
Where I work, in my building, or when I'm in town, at the supermarket, I see these ranges of people every day. You'll see I mention rugged outdoorsmen; construction workers, farm hands, etc. Bloatlords that go to the gym and lift heavy. Yes, they might have a lot of fat but they also have a lot of muscle. They might be big eaters but they don't JUST eat junk. They are obviously not sedentary. I wouldn't expect female celebs like Taylor, Jennifer, etc, to beat guys like this as I keep saying...

BUT we can't deny that western society as a whole is becoming more sedentary and oafish. Just as I work with some middle aged guys who are "Bloatlords" or guys into running marathons, fitness and pay attention to their diet and health, they are very much in the minority nowadays (especially when you get to the middle aged demographic) compared to the tubs that sit with a box of donuts on one side and mug of cappuccino on the other. These guys can't move well. They're stiffening up as they get older. Lack of good nutrition & exercise causing muscles to atrophy, declining testosterone, bones losing density, etc...

Quote:
When I started Judo I was surrounded by female black belts who only did judo and they couldn't even move me from my position. When I challenged my younger sister (pro gymnast who switched to grappling) she surprised me with her agility, flexibility and explosive strenght and defeated me (gosh!). I'd say when these factors are united in the same person: good genetics, fighting skills, body training (stamina, strenght) and competitive nature, then you should not underestimate her.
This measures up with my own experiences which again I have talked about in other threads.

Ultimately a lot of martial arts teachers and schools are trying to run a business. Joe and Jane Average that attend 1-2 times a week after work are paying customers and want to see a return on their investment; i.e. graduation/belt to show off their progress. If you've been going to BJJ class for 3 years and you're still a white belt and feel your teacher is holding you to too high a standard, you're probably going to stop going or seek another school, which obviously is not good for business. You have to find a way of feeding your student's egos to keep them coming back and spreading positive word of mouth, reviews, etc.

So you end up with people bragging about being a black belt, etc. It doesn't mean they're actually any good. In competition, you the first thing you want to know about someone is who have they beaten in order to determine whether they are any good or not.

Similarly in the US you have gyms like Planet Fitness who have found a way to market themselves to unfit people. People that like the idea of having a gym membership. Think it's trendy to have gym clothes, etc. They've been members (going on and off) for years but still can't do a pull up, haven't lost any weight or gained any muscle.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-21, 19:55
Points: 11,011, Level: 45 Points: 11,011, Level: 45 Points: 11,011, Level: 45
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,029 Posts

Planet Fitness is a bit worse than that. They actually serve Pizza regularly at their gyms, you're not allowed to deadlift (at some locations), they have something called a "lunk alarm" if you're being "too intimidating," etc. The no weight loss, no muscle gain happens at regular gyms. Those who are making progress are probably in the 90th percentile.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-21, 20:11
Sir Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Where I work, in my building, or when I'm in town, at the supermarket, I see these ranges of people every day. You'll see I mention rugged outdoorsmen; construction workers, farm hands, etc. Bloatlords that go to the gym and lift heavy. Yes, they might have a lot of fat but they also have a lot of muscle. They might be big eaters but they don't JUST eat junk. They are obviously not sedentary. I wouldn't expect female celebs like Taylor, Jennifer, etc, to beat guys like this as I keep saying...

BUT we can't deny that western society as a whole is becoming more sedentary and oafish. Just as I work with some middle aged guys who are "Bloatlords" or guys into running marathons, fitness and pay attention to their diet and health, they are very much in the minority nowadays (especially when you get to the middle aged demographic) compared to the tubs that sit with a box of donuts on one side and mug of cappuccino on the other. These guys can't move well. They're stiffening up as they get older. Lack of good nutrition & exercise causing muscles to atrophy, declining testosterone, bones losing density, etc...

This measures up with my own experiences which again I have talked about in other threads.

Ultimately a lot of martial arts teachers and schools are trying to run a business. Joe and Jane Average that attend 1-2 times a week after work are paying customers and want to see a return on their investment; i.e. graduation/belt to show off their progress. If you've been going to BJJ class for 3 years and you're still a white belt and feel your teacher is holding you to too high a standard, you're probably going to stop going or seek another school, which obviously is not good for business. You have to find a way of feeding your student's egos to keep them coming back and spreading positive word of mouth, reviews, etc.

So you end up with people bragging about being a black belt, etc. It doesn't mean they're actually any good. In competition, you the first thing you want to know about someone is who have they beaten in order to determine whether they are any good or not.

Similarly in the US you have gyms like Planet Fitness who have found a way to market themselves to unfit people. People that like the idea of having a gym membership. Think it's trendy to have gym clothes, etc. They've been members (going on and off) for years but still can't do a pull up, haven't lost any weight or gained any muscle.
Yes Jiminy, I know what you are talking about. Those gyms exist even in Italy, and people go there just to socialize or making show of themselves. Very sad
Old 01-Aug-21, 21:06
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In my opinion it's impossible to give you an accurate answer since it would depend a lot on how good her fighiting istincts and her "fightiing intelligence" are and on how much she is able to remain calm, collected and think straight under pressure, basically on how much talent for fighting she has.
Those are all very important factors we have no way to know since we have never seen her fight.

For all we know she may just panic, get scared and be overwhelmed when she is attacked even against a fat, unfit and unathletic guy that she could theoretically beat, since she has never fought before and it's a foreing experience for her.
This kind of reaction is actually not uncommon for women since they are usually less aggressive than men and way less confident in their abilities to handle someone of the opposite sex.

Said that, maybe I'm overestimating guys who are 45-55 year old since I'm in my twenties and therefore I don't hang around them much nor I have the chance to test their physical abilities, but I don't think that so many of them are as weak, unfit and uncoordinated as you describe them.

Honestly I give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of men in her age group to win a fight against a much smaller woman of unverified fighting abilites and experience like Jennifer Anston.

I also point out that I have no idea what this Budokan training is and if it teach her legit techniques or not, so I'm not factoring it into my reasoning.
How aggressive she'd be is thinking about it too literally. It's really not about what would happen. It's what could happen.

A lot of Strongmen and Powerlifters are known as "gentle giants". Brian Shaw for example. Nearly everyone says he's a nice guy. There doesn't seem to be, on balance, the same number of media reports of these guys being aggressive/violent/abusive as actors.

But some food for thought;

What you have to keep in mind with a lot of these female celebrities is that they are very confident, ambitious and demanding women.

Think about it. They like being the centre of attention. The star. A big shot. Showbusiness is probably where you'll find the most narcissistic, big headed and haughty women.

You might be right about some actresses that aren't that ambitious. One of my favourites, Summer Glau, for example. Despite being regarded as a great actress, she never had the ambition to break into big budget movies. She doesn't do social media. She's not a "hey, look at me" type. Happy to just do expos and bits and pieces of TV work to bring in money. Despite being trained in martial arts, an athletic dancer, she's slender and feminine and probably not aggressive and dominant woman in real life.

But women that have carved out longevity as big stars and taken more creative control as they've got older, earning more and more, becoming more powerful and influential. A woman like Pink for example. You can just tell she'd be aggressive, demanding and not take any shit.

One of the reasons many probably want to lift weights and feel strong physically is because they are strong and forceful mentally.

Back to Jennifer Aniston, there have been incidents reported where she threw a chair at a director in a violent rage and reports she had physical fights with ex husband Justin Theroux.

Quote:
She's admitted to getting violent on set

Quote:
Jennifer Aniston and ex-husband Justin Theroux reportedly got into violent fights during their marriage.

Of course there is a lot of 'differing' reports but ultimately there's no smoke without fire.

These celebs do tend to be more aggressive and have more violent tendencies than the average woman. They're not docile little dormice.