Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Feb-16, 00:47
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Scissor strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamScorpion [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ooh interesting! I've been trying to come up with a way to test/compare scissor strength for awhile.

Can I steal your idea?
Be interesting to see what you get.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Feb-16, 01:34
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

A scale can be hard cause of the shape and not all scales read unbalanced pressure well, the whole "stand in the center of the scale" thing.

I once scissored a yoga block on top of the scale with a towel around it for softness and that worked pretty well. I scissored about 300 lbs, but I've always been a runner and have strong legs. Very few ladies have been able to take my body scissors. I like the soccer ball / PSI method, but I also like a real reading in lbs or Kg. It shouldn't be too hard to rig something up to a scale and get pretty good readings.
Old 29-Feb-16, 01:53

Its good to be able to get an actual reading than a subjective one. The psi soccer ball method is perfect. It would be interesting to see which girls record the strongest scissors. They should put it into every video ially the scissor circle. Would also be keen to see who was how strong kaycee is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jun-16, 01:47

Anyone tested the psi method yet
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jun-16, 20:27
Points: 5,778, Level: 32 Points: 5,778, Level: 32 Points: 5,778, Level: 32
Last Achievements

i scissored for 166kg on a scale some months ago, at the moment i have stronger legs
Old 22-May-17, 17:13
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], I have 2 questions. How is [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] better than the normal scales padded with small pillows / towels? And, does the ball have to be deflated? Because normal inflated soccer ball is too big to wrap one's legs around comfortably for maximum squeeze, as well as because an average human's neck / chin area or even torso when squeezed are at least twice as thin.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 23-May-17, 02:27
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], I have 2 questions. How is [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] better than the normal scales padded with small pillows / towels? And, does the ball have to be deflated? Because normal inflated soccer ball is too big to wrap one's legs around comfortably for maximum squeeze, as well as because an average human's neck / chin area or even torso when squeezed are at least twice as thin.
There's no perfect answer. I like a scale because it gives an answer in lbs or kg, which is something I can directly relate to. PSI is more vague.

Thicker legs can squeeze with more power, but over a larger area which means lower PSI. While that might not make a huge difference, ladies with thinner legs probably do better with a soccer ball than a scale relative to thicker legged girls. Thinner legs might hurt more, so one could argue that being a fair equalizer.

As for how full, a typical soccer ball is fulled to 0.6 to 1.1 atm above normal. You probably want it less full than normal so it squeezes more easily. Perhaps begin with 0.1 atm above normal, or 1 PSI, in that range. That provides some resistance but also easy squeezing and shaping to the legs. Play around with different starting pressures to find what the ladies like, but record both starting and squeezing pressure. Just the squeezing pressure would vary with the starting pressure and not give good readings.

I like a scale better cause you get a reading in lbs or kg, but a ball is probably easier to set up and easier for the ladies to squeeze.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 23-May-17, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
From my experience, a Scocerball is hard to squeeze with regular inflation. I usually set it to 3-4psi, so its comfortable in the legs. I also used an Aussie rules footy which feels so much better between the legs.

My take on it is that the inside pressure + outside pressure = total pressure, so as long as the ball is inflated less than your squeezing power, you can get a result.

I was able to burst about 8psi with the aussie rules football, my gf at the time could do about 8.25 which was crazy. I could hold arouind about 7psi.

Its not perfect, but better than the scale method according to people with engineering backgrounds.

I really need to get one of the psi gauges with a memory readout, so I don't have to be watching it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Jun-17, 14:08
Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100
Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,666 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
And, does the ball have to be deflated? Because normal inflated soccer ball is too big to wrap one's legs around comfortably for maximum squeeze
Well, Kaycee (where she's now yet?) did it perfectly and poor soccer ball was absolutely FLATTENED between her beautiful legs. Doughdee has bursted a NFL football, but it has yet another form and it's small diameter has almost the same size as human neck
Old 05-Jun-17, 07:07
Points: 4,461, Level: 28 Points: 4,461, Level: 28 Points: 4,461, Level: 28
Last Achievements

A girl I'm talking to squeezed a bathroom scale to about 210 lbs and a ball with an air pressure gauge to 5.5 psi. (ball is completely deflated) (i can ask her again to squeeze it again if you want me to set it at a specific pressure.) Shes about 118 lbs and 5' 3.

Last edited by j94n; 05-Jun-17 at 07:07.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j94n For This Useful Post: