Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Dec-21, 01:53
sunny123

Default Re: Helen Von Mott

Quote:
I would not do conjecture, but seems another person who went down the BJJ "Rabbit Hole" became way too good and strong and then maybe it spit her out.
I see alot of high level BJJ who seem to be unhappy/broken/depressed. Guys like Dean Lister are heavy into DMT/psychedelics, Kurt Osiander looks terrifying. It seems alot struggle with mental health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelcastrato [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Looked like the kid wanted to kiss her at the end lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jan-22, 03:46
Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvsfforever [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She is a very intelligent, thoughtful person, who contributed a great deal to this "community". She actually was a member of GLOW too and a contributor and very welcome addition to the first site I found "The Combative Woman" run by Barbara.
Do you remember if this site was based in the US or Europe? I was going through the old Virago site via the internet archive and in the ad for the WWC 98 tape, it stated that Helen vs Denise was a special-request match for Barbara, webmaster of the Combative Woman Web Site. I wonder why she picked this match and if it had something to do with her having a previous relationship with someone at DWW.

Anyways, here's a QA with Helen from the FAQ section at Virago:

Quote:
1. What does "Virago" mean?

It is a Latin word adopted into the English language, and means "a woman of great stature, strength and courage." We chose the name for the company because whether they are tall or short in stature, the women we train certainly have both strength and courage.

2. Why do women wrestle?

Because we enjoy it, the skills, the excitement, the competition. We are like men, in this regard. But for women in our time there is usually an extra sense of empowerment and liberation from a stereotype.

3. How do you recruit women?

Through advertising and "the direct approach" in public places, or word of mouth. It is not easy, and not always predictable. For example, I recruited one young woman in a hairdressing salon, after I heard her telling another woman that she had liked to physically fight with other girls in her high school, but now that she was 18 years old and an adult, she couldn't do that any longer! In California where we are based, it may be easier than in many other places to find women who are willing to try something unconventional; but even so, many of those who get as far as a tryout will quit after one or two sessions. It may be because they don't like the stress, or the "violence," or the physical demands, or the constant threat of bruises and injuries, although we emphasize safety and good sportsmanship.

4. What is submission-style wrestling?

It means wrestling in which victory in a fall is determined not by pinning your opponent's shoulders to the mat for a few seconds, and still less by scoring under a point system (as in freestyle or Greco-Roman style), but by making your opponent concede defeat, either because she feels helplessly trapped or because the hold is too painful to bear (normally both). As a result, referees in our matches are present only to try to prevent injuries, to keep the action on the mat, and to make sure that the winning wrestler lets go of the hold as soon as the loser submits. (In the heat of battle it is sometimes difficult to hear the surrender or feel the "tap out".) In English the word "wrestle" comes from Middle English wrestlen, which in turn comes from the Old English verb wraesten, to violently twist something. Submission-style wrestling is very true to its origins!

5. Who taught you?

I started with real wrestling (not the same as my GLOW career -- please see Question 7) comparatively late. I wasn't allowed to join my high school's wrestling team, even though I tried to do so three times, or I might have begun then. (It was already illegal to discriminate against girls that way, and a few girls in other places -- fewer than one hundred in the United States at that time; now there are thousands each year -- had joined school wrestling teams, but at age 13 I didn't know the law was on my side and nobody told me. I still wish I had taken them to court to get on the team!) During the early 1990s, I answered an advertisement in a local newspaper placed by a man who wanted to make a videotape to teach a simple system of wrestling he had invented specifically for women and girls, which he called "free form wrestling." (It relied largely on leg power, and you could win by pins or by 30-second "containments," but there were no painful submission holds.) The man was named Scott Carruthers -- a very good and decent English gentleman, and someone who was totally dedicated to helping women toward a knowledge and appreciation of the sport of wrestling. I knew very little about real wrestling then, but Scott and I bonded instantly. He trained me intensively in his style, and we made the videotape. Unfortunately, there were audio recording problems and he was never able to release it. Eventually I left California once more, and we lost touch with each other for some years.

After I had returned to my hometown, I answered another ad in 1997 for "submission wrestling" for women, and it was Scott again! He told me what it was all about, and I gravitated toward this style instantly. I trained with him and made videos for the production company he had co-founded, until he died in 1998, age 60, of a fast-moving case of lymphatic cancer. He led our last class only two weeks before he died. When he was on his deathbed and finally admitted that he had not much longer to live, he gave me his wrestling mats and asked me to carry on. (You'll see those mats in most of our videos.) That's when I started my own company, Virago.

My teachers these days -- I emphasize the word "teachers" when I speak of these masters -- have included such people as Ralph Gracie and the instructors of the Ralph Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy, Michael O'Riordan and the instructors of the "vale tudo" and wrestling school where I also work out, Matt Furey, and Zee Vjesalicu. I also train in freestyle wrestling and boxing; although I won't compete in those specialties, I want to keep broadening my range. I'm very far from being an expert, but I love to learn. As far as within Virago, I'm the teacher.

6. Do you wrestle men?

I wrestle with men constantly in my own training program, because women grapplers are still few and far between. The men I work out with are typically good athletes, bigger and more powerful (certainly through the upper body) than I am, and still likely to have more training and prior experience than I do, although I am no longer the newest kid on the block. As a result I win bouts in practice only about 50% of the time against men of similar skill levels. But I'm always learning or trying to learn. Sometimes it's extremely frustrating, some other days go better.

When I win a practice bout, against a male student who may outweigh me by as much as 60-70 pounds (and in practice I have tapped out men who weigh well over 200 pounds and are fit and athletic), I do have a feeling of satisfaction for a relatively difficult accomplishment, and once again I learn the lesson that technique, high stamina and a combative attitude can sometimes overcome superior size and strength. Sometimes in those circumstances, simply not being submitted can feel like a victory to me, although I play to win. What the men I work out with think privately, I can't say. But I have had few overt problems, since the guys can see I am serious about training, and they seem to appreciate that. It really is difficult for men, for the familiar reason that if a man gets submitted by me, a woman, it can seem very hard to take and he may fear being mocked by his buddies, while they don't get much credit for submitting a woman -- the classic no-win situation. When I tap someone out in class, I don't jump up and throw my hands in the air with a yell, the way I might after winning in a tournament or on a video. Win or lose, happy or hurting, at my school I simply try never to show any emotion. It's that kind of place. Also, my fellow students are generally like another family.

Some women -- I'm one of them, and so are some of the other Virago wrestlers -- also wrestle male (or female!) clients in exchange for a fee. Men have their own, varying reasons for wanting to do this, which I'm not judgmental about. I don't care what men fantasize about me, as long as they treat me with respect in person. For me, if the client is in good shape, not excessively larger than I am, and knows his or her way around a mat, a session can be a good competitive workout. (I don't do "fantasy" or "sensual" or "domination" sessions.) If not, I gear down to their strength and abilities. Doing private bouts is also one of the two main ways (making videos is the other) that women wrestlers in our bracket have for recouping something for our time and expenses in working out and training, which are considerable.

When I meet a client, or set up a match for one of the other Virago women, I do insist on cleanliness and gentlemanly behavior, as well as security for the wrestler. And I'm not suicidal! I once turned down a gentleman who stood six foot, two inches tall, weighed 300 pounds, and wanted a competitive match with standing takedowns! A man of that size might even have trouble finding male opponents of my size (I'm 5'8" and 145 pounds/56 kg). As for me, I said no, to fight another day. For more information, click here. For a review of a match with me by a private client, please visit the Reviews and Comments page and scroll down to it.

7. Helen, we've heard you were in Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, or GLOW, that idiotic 1980s TV show with women pro wrestlers. Can this be true?

We all do stupid things when we are young. I was really young (17 years old!), and GLOW was really, really stupid -- although I don't regret doing it, even for a single second! I was a teenager just out of high school when I was recruited for the show while on a visit to Las Vegas, and I was in GLOW for one season, as "Jersey Jean," a bad girl supposedly from the mean streets of Jersey City, New Jersey . There was a grain of truth there, in that I really was born in New Jersey (the little seaside town of Cape May, at the opposite end of the state from Jersey City), but my family moved out west while I was still a child, and I consider myself to be pretty much a California girl. I knew nothing about wrestling at the time, having been barred from joining my high school wrestling team, and all I really learned from GLOW were choreographed stunts and how to dodge sexual harassment on the set. But it was fun in a way. The pay was terrible, but I got to live in a new place, make my own way, and travel. Until I began intensely training in catchwrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, my welcome to GLOW training -- an entire day of leaping from the ring turnbuckles to the mat -- left me more physically sore than anything else I had ever done.

As the youngest "new girl" it was my job to sort the fan mail each week. Eighty percent of our fan mail seemed to come from prisons and military bases, but we received a surprising amount of letters from girls in their early teens -- only a few years younger than I was then -- for whom we were some kind of combative female role models. I always recall one sweet little boy of 11 or 12 (his name was Keith, I believe) who was just possibly our most devoted fan, outside of jail or the armed forces, and even managed to visit us at our hotels with his parents' permission and help. Who knows? Maybe he'll buy one of my videos someday!

8. We want to know more about you.

I get asked about my life more than I expected when I began doing this, so . . . after high school and GLOW, I worked in the film industry as a stuntwoman, and briefly in Japan as a professional wrestler under the alias "Akai Tora", the Red Tiger! Subsequently I acquired a darling husband, a bachelor's degree in philosophy from a European university, and a baby daughter. I've worked as an aerobics instructor, a fitness trainer, and a body model for computer-generated video graphics. I consume science-fiction novels at the rate of about two books per week, and have a penchant for action-adventure movies and 1940s jazz and swing bands. (See my and my business partner's recommendations for your reading, viewing and listening pleasure on our Things We Like page.)

But enough about me. The wrestlers I work with all have their own stories as real, fully-functioning women, with husbands or lovers, careers or children (or both), families, friends, and a normal range of interests besides wrestling. We're like women you know, for the most part, not fantasy figures. But we wrestle, too.

And because people do ask from time to time, I'm not "undefeated." Absolutely not! There's too many great women out there, these days (you lucky fans!). Anyone can be beaten. I even sell the videos of matches that I lost! I'd always rather win a match, but losing to someone who was better that day, when I wrestled hard and gave it my all, doesn't shame me either. I try to instill that feeling in all the women I teach.

9. How can I get my wife or girlfriend to wrestle another woman? And do you think wrestling is good self-defense training?

This is asked by an incredible number of men. It makes me sad sometimes to think of what a painful divide exists between some couples over this, of what lives of secrecy so many men still have to deal with, and about the frozen disapproval of so many women. My first advice is, if you are not married yet, tell her before you get married, let her know about it! (My first teacher, Scott Carruthers, said that when he was dating he always brought the subject up on the first date, to see if there would be any point in a second date for either of them.) Visit the "Doing" section on the The Combative Woman's Web Site, and read what Webmaster Barbara has to say about this whole topic. Remember two things: (A) your lady is not, and probably never will be, as interested in looking at videos as you are (especially if they feature nudity), and (B) she is very likely to have concerns about what this interest could mean for your entire relationship. She could think you are somehow leading up to wife-swapping, for example. So be open and honest, be very reassuring, present the possibilities and the information; then BACK OFF, and let HER decide what she wants to do.

I also recommend buying a training videotape (such as my "Wrestling for Couples"), and working through various holds with her so that she knows what you expect from her. Nothing is as scary as the unknown! Explain to her that wrestling is physical play, and is appealing on a very primal level.

Finally, it will probably never come to pass if your relationship isn't good to begin with -- so put time and effort into the relationship (that "R-word"!), let her feel loved -- which will pay dividends all around for you, you lucky dog! And remember -- if she agrees to wrestle for you, you had just better be willing to go out dancing for her . . . physical play is important to both sexes, but we simply often have different ways of expressing it.

Sometimes I'm asked, by the way, if I think wrestling is a good form of self-defense training for women. I usually don't consider wrestling to be a totally effective self-defense form against a determined attack by a heavier opponent. The reasons for this are twofold. First, in a wrestling match it really is difficult to win against an opponent with an extreme weight/strength advantage. That's why they instituted weight classes in wrestling and martial arts competitions. The second reason is that in a real attack, if the aggressor is not given the opportunity to escape, he will fight until completely disabled or unconscious. Since one of the main goals of a wrestling match is to allow no opportunity for your opponent to escape, you can see how wrestling, by itself, would probably be insufficient.

10. I always wished I could produce a wrestling video. What's it like?

It's hard work and stressful, like being a fight promoter, a movie producer, and a den mother all at once. You have to coordinate all the people, equipment, and finances (I have a trusted business partner who helps with much of this). Individuals may show up late or not at all. I bring the mats, keep everyone busy and comfortable with the situation, and referee the matches myself. The entire time, I am concerned about the sound, lighting, and picture quality that the camera crew is getting on tape, and with keeping everything moving so that we can finish on schedule. Everyone involved wants and deserves their compensation "up front". As my business partner writes out check after company check, and we go deeper into the hole financially, my concern only grows. And at the end of the shoot, you've only begun -- editing and marketing the tape still lie ahead.

Yes, it was much easier making videos before I became a company owner, when all I had to do was show up at the shoot and wrestle hard. Still, I feel some sublime moments when I watch women I've trained, who may have been very shy and awkward beginners when we started out, now wrestling confidently and credibly in front of a video camera, and loving every minute of it.

11. Can we expect nudity or toplessness in the future?

Full nudity, never! As for doffing the tops: I myself won't do it, and I'd probably not ask another woman to do something for me that I wouldn't willingly do; even though I've seen some women who wrestle topless and very well indeed. I respect them, I'm not a prude, and our company could certainly make a lot more money if we went in that direction. I would perhaps even consider it if my husband had not asked me not to do it; in a matter like this I clearly respect his wishes. Of course, one can talk about ancient Greece or modern Europe or the way things ought to be if our society were less hypocritical about sexuality and the body. But we are in the United States, right now, where female toplessness is socially stigmatized, even a criminal offense in most public situations, and I and the women I work with want to be taken seriously. Look around for any other actual sports in which women athletes appear topless, folks -- there ain't any out there!

12. So why do you wrestle in bikinis?

Once at a grappling tournament I chatted with Mark Kerr, a former U.S. freestyle wrestling national champion who is now a famous and highly successful professional fighter. When he asked about what I did, I told him I trained in Brazilian jujitsu and jokingly added that I "also make some bikini wrestling videos." He responded, with a smile, that I probably made more money than he did. I wish! But he had grasped the essential fact; the video business is a capitalist business like any other, and to survive a company has to make videos male customers want to buy; which means appealing to the eye, what feminist art criticism calls "the male gaze". It's a controversial subject, and it's cost us some potential good recruits in the past (including a finalist for the U.S. women's freestyle wrestling championship), who would not wear the costume.

We are not in the position of so many amateur wrestlers whose activities are underwritten by their colleges or wrestling organizations, and who can wrestle in neck-to-knee singlets (costumes which themselves would have seemed obscene and whorish to our ancestors a scant 90-100 years ago) because they are unpaid amateurs and it hardly matters if anyone ever pays to see their matches. When we make videos, we are semi-professional athletes competing for a customer's entertainment dollar, and the competition is fierce. Personally, the bikini bathing suit comes on when I'm wrestling for Virago or myself; I sure as hell don't train in one or wear them at grappling tournaments.

Let's consider some other situations. Do I need to mention the late track superstar Florence Griffith-Joyner and her custom-made "running lingerie"? Elite women track athletes ever since "FloJo", in their brief, "high and tight" competition uniforms? (See "Exhibit A", below.) The Australian women's basketball team at the 1996 Olympics, proudly playing their games in spandex unitards (and playing darned well)? How about pro beach volleyball players, whose tour REQUIRES a bikini and even specifies how much coverage (or "how little", depending on if you are the one wearing the suit or not) the bikini bottom is allowed to have? Or the "ripped" and muscular U.S. soccer star Brandi Chastain posing nude for a men's magazine and explaining simply: "Hey, I ran my ass off to get this body"? Or male bodybuilders, who may wear posing briefs that are as minute as any pair of swimsuit bottoms I've probably ever owned? Or how about the male no-holds-barred fighters with the best bodies--including Mark Kerr, who resembles a Greek god--who often showcase their gladiator physiques with the smallest pairs of trunks? Like us, the cage fighters are independent contractors whose professional livelihood depends at least partly on showmanship and getting attention, of which visual appeal is a part.

The women in the videos we make are athletic and have bodies they can be personally proud of, bodies that are healthy and beautifully natural, not plastic fantastic. We don't present them pornographically, but realistically. Furthermore, a woman has the right to be proud of her body and to take pride in the reaction it gets, if she chooses.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mkwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jan-22, 12:35
Banned
Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32
Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwarrior [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you remember if this site was based in the US or Europe? I was going through the old Virago site via the internet archive and in the ad for the WWC 98 tape, it stated that Helen vs Denise was a special-request match for Barbara, webmaster of the Combative Woman Web Site. I wonder why she picked this match and if it had something to do with her having a previous relationship with someone at DWW.

Anyways, here's a QA with Helen from the FAQ section at Virago:
Here is some of the website (US based). It was around 1995-2002 and was unique, one of a kind and had a best comment section. Here it was so PG Rated and very little talk of mixed or what is here.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fvsfforever For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jan-22, 19:35
Points: 7,175, Level: 36 Points: 7,175, Level: 36 Points: 7,175, Level: 36
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,615 Times in 586 Posts

Good lord, this thread has a bunch of baseless conjecture and outright dumb commentary (especially the “she’s a hardcore liberal feminist” text vomit) along with numerous misconceptions about homelessness. Educated and intelligent people can end up homeless, and sometimes it’s through no fault of their own. Especially since the pandemic hit, lot of people are struggling to find work in industries that they previously had a lot of success in. A good friend of mine was unemployed for a year and a half and nearly lost her home because she worked as a rigger in the entertainment industry, and with no shows going on, along with cutbacks once shows started coming back, she has no work. Is it her fault that she couldn’t predict that a once-per-century pandemic was gonna put her out of work? A lot of people believe that the world works as an absolute meritocracy and have a “welp, pull yourself up by your bootstraps” mentality, but as has been previously mentioned, luck has a large factor in life. The fact that you were born somewhere with running water and electricity makes you more fortunate than many other people.

I have no idea what is going on in her life, but lots of people have been hit hard the past couple of years, and we need more kindness and empathy especially now. I’m honestly shocked that for as much as we revere these people for being essentially an outlet for our fetishes (which is fine,) that we look down on them with disdain and with a superiority complex when they are no longer into this lifestyle or have no interest in revisiting the past. Never forget that the people who fulfill your fetishes and fantasies are just that: people with dreams, fears, struggles and lives outside of the wrestling rings and mats.

And she is someone who helped feed the needy and saved a man’s life from ODing. That speaks volumes about her character, and as far as I am concerned that makes her a much better human being than some dude who throws out crap from his computer by calling her “hardcore leftist feminist with a huge ego.”
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gatsby87 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jan-22, 19:53
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Nope, not her fault. But we should all wake up now if we haven't already and realize that more pandemics will come, other kinds of disasters will hit us, that our governments and society will be completely unprepared for them. These so-called "once in a lifetime/decade" events are happening more and more often. This pandemic, the Miami building collapse, out-of-control fires, droughts, floods, destructive mudslides, investment and tech firms playing games with the housing market to price average folks out forever. There are a lot of people on this forum who think it's all fake. No convincing them. It is very easy for someone educated and with a good career to suddenly fall through the cracks. What's amazing is everything has had the appearance of stability for as long as it has.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-22, 14:24
G-Force

To be honest I feel dumber for having read some of the posts on this thread. Everyone gets older. Circumstances beyond our control happen and feelings within us change. Life just takes its own turns. Anyhow, I never met Helen but she always seemed like the real deal and a genuine warrior.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-22, 18:47
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby87 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good lord, this thread has a bunch of baseless conjecture and outright dumb commentary (especially the “she’s a hardcore liberal feminist” text vomit) along with numerous misconceptions about homelessness. Educated and intelligent people can end up homeless, and sometimes it’s through no fault of their own. Especially since the pandemic hit, lot of people are struggling to find work in industries that they previously had a lot of success in. A good friend of mine was unemployed for a year and a half and nearly lost her home because she worked as a rigger in the entertainment industry, and with no shows going on, along with cutbacks once shows started coming back, she has no work. Is it her fault that she couldn’t predict that a once-per-century pandemic was gonna put her out of work? A lot of people believe that the world works as an absolute meritocracy and have a “welp, pull yourself up by your bootstraps” mentality, but as has been previously mentioned, luck has a large factor in life. The fact that you were born somewhere with running water and electricity makes you more fortunate than many other people.

I have no idea what is going on in her life, but lots of people have been hit hard the past couple of years, and we need more kindness and empathy especially now. I’m honestly shocked that for as much as we revere these people for being essentially an outlet for our fetishes (which is fine,) that we look down on them with disdain and with a superiority complex when they are no longer into this lifestyle or have no interest in revisiting the past. Never forget that the people who fulfill your fetishes and fantasies are just that: people with dreams, fears, struggles and lives outside of the wrestling rings and mats.

And she is someone who helped feed the needy and saved a man’s life from ODing. That speaks volumes about her character, and as far as I am concerned that makes her a much better human being than some dude who throws out crap from his computer by calling her “hardcore leftist feminist with a huge ego.”
To be fair, that was all from the same complete waste of space of a human being.
Old 19-Jan-22, 20:50
Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts

I myself never looked down on session wrestlers,women who appeared in videos,etc.
I hope Helen Von Mott is doing well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizyz For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jul-22, 01:56
Points: 1,784, Level: 17 Points: 1,784, Level: 17 Points: 1,784, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwarrior [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She was 27 years old at the 1998 Women's Wrestling Convention, so she's exactly 50 years old.
Her LinkedIn says she finished high school in 1985. Assuming she was 18 then (normal age for high school graduates, she would be 55 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I saw this video unsure if this is her? [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Looks like she's homeless
This is really sad to see. I feel sorry for her. She entertained so many people with her wrestling. Sadly, many of these women likely don’t see more than a dime from these wrestling companies. Especially in the 90’s-2000’s, a lot of those companies were pretty shady and made tons of money off these women, just to go bankrupt.

Sad to see her struggles. This is a tough business for these ladies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 80sports For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jul-22, 03:17
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sports [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Her LinkedIn says she finished high school in 1985. Assuming she was 18 then (normal age for high school graduates, she would be 55 now.
I also was under the impression she was born in '71. So she knocked off 5 years. Hollywood, another GLOW girl, had cut 6 years from her real age. Standard procedure in the entertainment biz I guess. Not as easy these days to conceal one's true age.

Tags
helen von mott