Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Dec-18, 06:34
philla76

Default Re: declining video content

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Exactly right - and all that it takes to initiate a costly lawsuit is a minor injury. It's not that some model will "get rich" from a sprained ankle or a couple of bruises - if you're only worth $25,000 (let's say you have a car and a checking account and a $60K/year job), the injured party is not going to "get rich", but you could lose a significant portion of what you have, including future earnings. It's unlikely, but what if there's a freaky fall during a *scripted* segment that results in a broken wrist that requires surgery? What if the person who got hurt has no medical insurance of their own? What if they miss 4 days of work?

Ten years ago, I could shoot pretty much whatever I wanted (that was legal, of course!), but I would be a fool to take those risks today. There is simply not enough upside to justify it. YMMV.
You have made some really good points here and obviously you are well educated on the matter. I think that certainly makes sense as to why videos are not fully competitive, but in any case I find the more technical aspects more interesting. You can't sustain beast mode for long and composure is key to winning a match.

I would still like to see some videos where the matchup is very unbalanced and the guy is destroyed but can't find anything. Doesn't need to result in injury but just bullied and overpowered. But certainly the trend is continuing and much of the harder content is disappearing and the fantasy content is increasing.

I'd love to do a custom but its a challenge getting the right girl to do exactly what I request. In the end it's probably better just sessioning yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Dec-18, 15:39
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philla76 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You have made some really good points here and obviously you are well educated on the matter. I think that certainly makes sense as to why videos are not fully competitive, but in any case I find the more technical aspects more interesting. You can't sustain beast mode for long and composure is key to winning a match.

I would still like to see some videos where the matchup is very unbalanced and the guy is destroyed but can't find anything. Doesn't need to result in injury but just bullied and overpowered. But certainly the trend is continuing and much of the harder content is disappearing and the fantasy content is increasing.

I'd love to do a custom but its a challenge getting the right girl to do exactly what I request. In the end it's probably better just sessioning yourself.

Female Wrestling Channel is based in Indiana, Doom Maidens in New York City, Steel Kittens in southern California.

That's atop the dozens/hundreds of female wrestlers-for-hire that wb270 lists nationwide.
Old 03-Dec-20, 15:39
Points: 11,566, Level: 46 Points: 11,566, Level: 46 Points: 11,566, Level: 46
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,007 Times in 625 Posts

There has been a decline in the number of good,competitive mixed videos.More companies are describing their stuff on websites as competitive when it isn't.
Old 06-Dec-20, 00:14
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would pay a lot to meet Dixie that used to destroy Rob and other guys there
Yes Dixie is great!

As for this topic itself, it does kind of seem like a certain sector of the market is being left out doesn't it? The quick answer to OP's question is "Producers wouldn't be putting out the content they are unless people were buying it up". They may have calculated that it's cheaper/easier to produce fantasy videos rather than "real" ones which also carry a higher degree of liability. Many people don't care about realism or make up for it in other ways (e.g. I care about realism a great deal, but I can still watch Scissorvixens/Foxes videos because I "transport" them into different scenarios in my mind).

That said, I bet there is an increasingly disenfranchised group of buyers out there who might even be willing to pay a premium for good competitive content, provided it was the real deal.
Old 06-Dec-20, 04:04
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts

Wow, this 2 y o thread connects pretty well with my thread on legality.
The question of how the producers (would) handle the liability issues is a very important one.
I try to buy only more realistic videos to support the producers.
It is true though that in the last couple of years the videos have lost much of their original brutality, especially mixed fighting ones.
The positive example with some videos featuring some real kicks/chokes is fightinflex.com
the negative example with all of the videos being contact-less/obviously and poorly simulated would be fightingdream.com
Both of the sites are based in Europe
It would be interesting to ask the producers(jahliah of fightingflex and 2mprods of fightingdream) of both their respected opinions on the subject.
Both of the sites feature no real ko's though, and for me as a customer that is unappealing.
Old 06-Dec-20, 09:08
Producer
Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The positive example with some videos featuring some real kicks/chokes is fightinflex.com
the negative example with all of the videos being contact-less/obviously and poorly simulated would be fightingdream.com
Both of the sites are based in Europe
It would be interesting to ask the producers(jahliah of fightingflex and 2mprods of fightingdream) of both their respected opinions on the subject.
Both of the sites feature no real ko's though, and for me as a customer that is unappealing.
Who is Jahliah? I know Figinflex. I had a common video project with him released as "Kayla Peel" series. The woman is a professional stunt girl, the scenes were choreographed and the hits and kicks as real as they could be.

Nobody wants to hurt anybody for real at any set. This is no matter of customers appealing. Those few who don't care are rare, for a reason. And they decline successively. I don't miss them.
The Following User Says Thank You to alias702212 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Dec-20, 14:43
Poet
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias702212 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Who is Jahliah? I know Figinflex. I had a common video project with him released as "Kayla Peel" series. The woman is a professional stunt girl, the scenes were choreographed and the hits and kicks as real as they could be.

Nobody wants to hurt anybody for real at any set. This is no matter of customers appealing. Those few who don't care are rare, for a reason. And they decline successively. I don't miss them.
Jahliah is the nick that the producer of Fightingflex uses here in this Forum.
I congratulate you on your participation on that extraordinary project.
Kayla Peel is an extraordinary actress, kicks and punches, as well as wrestling moves were obviously real. The camera job, sound and lighting are professional.
If only there were more projects like this one.
Of course that nobody wants to hurt anybody on the set.
That is why the jobbers(stuntpeople) must be experienced, not to mention the performing models.
I said once I 'll say it again. On your project fightingflex(ex tozani) did a real masterpiece.
Old 07-Dec-20, 15:39
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Kayla Peel is an extraordinary actress, kicks and punches, as well as wrestling moves were obviously real. The camera job, sound and lighting are professional.
If only there were more projects like this one.
Thank you very much. This project was a masterpiece of work. The fightinflex team did a great job. I am glad to get positive feedback as it was commercially not successful at all for a reason I will never understand. But it was fun doing it, for all participants as well as the producer.
Old 07-Dec-20, 16:54
Poet
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias702212 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you very much. This project was a masterpiece of work. The fightinflex team did a great job. I am glad to get positive feedback as it was commercially not successful at all for a reason I will never understand. But it was fun doing it, for all participants as well as the producer.
Who knows why it didn't sell? Marketing is a science for itself, today is not quality that sells but all-encompassing and ever-present: marketing.
Glad to hear that it was fun to make it.
What role did you have in making it, if I may ask?
Old 07-Dec-20, 17:05
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
What role did you have in making it, if I may ask?
Sure: Storyboard, Screenplay and Associate Producer.