Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Feb-17, 07:58
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Why are we so ashamed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatten_PhD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can you elaborate on that point?
Anecdotally, I've met many guys in the female muscle fan arena who have delightfully recounted stories of making magazine purchases in their local bookstores or drugstores, recalling with vivid detail how they felt each time they interacted with the clerk, silently wondering how they were being judged as they mixed in their fetish magazines with other items. What may have been torture at the time now provides middle-aged men with some of their fondest memories of being a young fetishist.

Things considered taboo can be linked to shame and, for whatever reason, this generates feelings that many of us enjoy. It's in a similar vein to deliberately having sex where you might get caught by someone, even though you could just as easily have chosen a place where you'd get away with it. Many people are turned on by the embarrassment they MIGHT sense if they were caught, even if they do not actually want to be caught. The danger level heightens the excitement.

There are also a bunch of us who not only like wrestling women, but who also like wrestling women who have the potential to defeat us. Throughout many parts of the world, it's still considered some great shame for a male to be defeated by a woman in any sporting competition. And combat sports - in the minds of many - would be the ultimate test of one's all-important masculinity. So, in the minds of these persons who feel that way, to be bested by a woman in combat would be the ultimate humiliation for any man.

Continuing...societal mores have deemed what's expected, so the response for those of us with this specificity to our fetish are turned on by the unexpected. And in this case, the unexpected is attached to what others find shameful. Within this group, there are those who like that shame or maybe who even need that shame to fuel their libido.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Feb-17, 09:10
Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

I am not in any way ashamed for my wrestling fetish. I actually feel very lucky that I am able to live my life only doing the things that I like to do, not having to admit to any social pressure, as I see so much around me. The reason that I do not tell anybody about it is because I do not think the majority will understand. I do not think I have anything to gain by telling out loud that I like to wrestle strong women. But I blame society for that, no myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ehuls For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Feb-17, 12:39
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

My shame comes from HS and 8th grade and desperately trying to fit in. (having a fetish and trying to fit in didn't mesh). in 8th/9th grade kids would make fun of you over anything, over liking somebody.

One time, I met this girl in the library, we talked, clicked a little bit. She was tall, not bad looking but in 8th grade, taller than all the guys in the class. We connected, but no date, no kiss, just talking in the library.

So, in the lockerroom we're talking a few days later and I like her, but not thinking ask her out, it's 8th grade and I'm young for my age at the time I was clueless but I liked her. This group of 3 or 4 guys come up to make fun of us, separate us and ask "me" is she your girlfriend while the others ask her "is he your boyfriend", now, we'd not been on a date or seen each other outside of school at all, but I did have a small crush on her, but the guys asking me, I wanted to act all cool and aloof so I said "I should hope not", meanwhile, she, on the other side of the room said "yes", as in, yes I was her boyfriend.

Needless to say they started yelling what we said to each other and I felt just terrible cause she'd said yes and, well, not one of my better moments. But the fear reflex of 13 year olds is very strong. If my fetish got out in HS, I'd have died of embarrassment. As I got older, into my 20s and 30s I stopped caring about who knew, but the initial feeling of "don't tell anyone", to me, it comes from childhood. There's also rules like don't discuss sex at work, so anyone I'm even a little bit professional with - it's like the cone of silence is always on, but not out of shame, more out of that's not what I talk about at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Feb-17, 20:34
Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,586 Times in 561 Posts

I live in pretty old-fashioned country let's say and mentality in here is still bad so I keep my interests about fetish just for myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to trump55 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Feb-17, 21:29
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

I think that overall, i am embarrassed by my scissor fetish. I dont think i would be all that embarrassed if someone i dont know, or someone i dont deal with in my everyday life, found out about it. But if someone i knew, and interacted with on a daily basis found out, i would be embarrassed.

I often wonder exactly how common this fetish is though. I mean, when you look at all the wrestling and scissor sites out there, there must be a good amount of people who enjoy it. The way i think about it, as a scissor enthusiast, is "who wouldnt want a womans legs wrapped around their head!!?"...lol.

This original post actually reminded me of something my best friend said to me not too long ago. We were at a restaurant and our waitress, who was wearing short shorts, had amazingly muscular legs. They were the type of legs that even someone without a leg fetish would look at them and think "wow!". I forget what my friends exact words were, but they were somewhere along the lines of her being able to crush his head like a grape with her thighs. It made me wonder if he had a scissor fetish too.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Braddogg4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Feb-17, 02:58
Points: 18,272, Level: 58 Points: 18,272, Level: 58 Points: 18,272, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Location: Manchester UK. Not far from Pippa L'vinn' s gym. My favourite place!
Thanked 1,919 Times in 354 Posts

I'm not ashamed in the slightest about my fetish. However I do keep it quiet in certain circles. That's not because I'm ashamed of it, it's just that my wife really doesn't get it, and doesn't approve. She's aware of it but we just don't discuss it. However; among some of my close friends and certain members of my family I discuss it openly. I actually get pleasure telling them about how I lost to a female wrestler. Some of my friends are interested, and often talk about going to Pippa's gym (I live in Manchester UK), but haven't made it yet. I guess they can't have the bug/addiction like most of us on the forum!
Old 05-Feb-17, 03:52
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I don't think anyone here uses their real name though
Old 05-Feb-17, 08:16
Points: 7,300, Level: 36 Points: 7,300, Level: 36 Points: 7,300, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Did either of you talk to the waitress and learn how she had such muscular legs?
Old 05-Feb-17, 12:37
Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhardberger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi everyone!

After a lot of time reading posts in this forum I think I can feel certain to say that most people with an account here are actually ashamed of it. I read multiple times about men who don't want anyone to know about their fetish, others who share it only with their partner, or with some close friend... and so on.

And I wonder why! Well, of course I can figure out, but, in my opinion, being excited about wrestling a woman should be nothing to feel shame of. It is neither better nor worse than any other sexual preference. I don't feel "less masculine" at all for this. I can say I am indeed PROUD of liking what I like!!

Maybe the reason behind this lives among the cultural/generational differences between me and the average user of this forum (I'm a Spanish guy in his early twenties, lots of readers here are not) Please share your experiences on this topic to compare people with different background and let's see if we can arrive to conclusions.

And please, don't get me wrong, I don't wanna criticize anyone, nor tell anyone what he should or shouldn't do. My intention is just to share my values with you, to think about it together and to improve our lifes. I can assure you absolutelly nothing went wrong with any of my firends (both male and female) when I told them about these things (most of them actually know) It was in fact the opposite!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I should clarify something about the last sentence of the first post. It's not that they feel more related to me after I tell them about mixed wrestling, femdom and so on because they're sorry in some way. Not at all. We all feel happy about it, we can even make jokes without anyone feeling offended (this will be kind of difficult for Americans, though )
you are soooooooo proud, and not ashamed of anything. Kudo's to you.
But when you tell me you are a Spanish guy, but you handle is "Gerhard Berger" (a former German race driver), I like to believe different. You are just like most of us here.
Old 05-Feb-17, 14:02
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], this is The Internet. People choose whatever nicknames they like, not because they are ashamed, but because privacy is convenient on the Internet. Unless it is mandatory (FaceBook) people generally don't use their real names online. See Reddit or other popular news sites / forums. This board is no different in this regard. This has nothing to do with shame.

I personally know the real names of many of our members, and have met some in real life.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post: