Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Feb-19, 04:49
Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69 Points: 25,586, Level: 69
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,098 Times in 409 Posts
Default Re: Psychotherapy

Thank you very much !
Evolutionary Psychology ? Is this a analytical or behavioral theory ? Where can I finde some literature ?
Old 28-Feb-19, 04:51
Points: 4,141, Level: 27 Points: 4,141, Level: 27 Points: 4,141, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by megahexer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you very much !
Evolutionary Psychology ? Is this a analytical or behavioral theory ? Where can I finde some literature ?
I think it is neither an analytical nor a behavioral theory. It is not even a theory; it is a field of study. It studies why we have certain mental characteristics using the Darwinian evolutionary point of view.

I know very little about it. The author with whom I am most familiar in the field is Stephen Pinker. He focus on very fundamental issues such as the nature of violence, and particularly on how and why we developed language. I know Gad Saad also works on it, but his focus is on consumer behavior (why and how psychological traits can be exploited in marketing for instance). That is why I said I had nothing really on point to recommend, because neither work with directly with sexuality, but I am sure someone does.

Despite the name "Evolutionary Psychology" I think it is not too common for practicing psychologists or psychiatrists to study it (I am friends with about a 10 of them, and none of them studied it as part of their graduation). It is an eminently theoretical and academic field of study.

If you are curious about the field as a whole read anything from Stephen Pinker. The guy is a genius, and he writes pretty well, so you you learn while you have a pleasant experience. The book "how the mind works" is probably the best entry point. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by lthasatan; 28-Feb-19 at 05:12.
The Following User Says Thank You to lthasatan For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Feb-19, 07:46
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by megahexer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you very much !
If you want books, I'm not sure.

But a quick google search of psychology and S&M will yield a number of hits. Psychology Today Magazine had 4 separate articles on the subject that popped up with my first google search.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Feb-19, 17:00
Points: 3,819, Level: 26 Points: 3,819, Level: 26 Points: 3,819, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

This might be a good story idea for those of you who are writers. Mixed psychotherapy and session wrestling.