Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Do you support the idea of females playing in male competitions?
Yes, I fully support females entering male competitions and testing themselves against males on their relative level 50 69.44%
I'm against it 6 8.33%
I'm against it because such matches can end very humiliating (for the boys!) 3 4.17%
I'm against it because I think girls might get hurt 7 9.72%
I'm against it because I think that from boys' perspective, it's a lose-lose scenario 7 9.72%
I'm against it because of religious/political reasons 2 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-Nov-20, 13:41
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,923 Times in 486 Posts
Default Do you support the idea of females playing in male competitions?

I recently found out about a Dutch female youth team U15 (under 15 years old) that decided to play in boys' U15 competition, against males of their same age.

In many games, they completely trashed the boys. For example here they beat boys 3:0, 3:0 and 4:1:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I noticed some people object this type of matches because they think because of social perception, it can be very embarrassing for the boys to lose against girls and that the mental consequences of such defeats can end up very frustrating and even emasculating for them. They also say that boys might not want to try their hardest against girls (because of not wanting to hurt them or whatever), and that it's a lose-lose situation for them. For example there were cases of male wrestlers rejecting to compete against females in competitions.

But people who support this argue that girls need to test themselves against boys to improve themselves and that beating boys improves their confidence, as well as their competitive skills.

Personally I also support this type of games. In fact I think this should not only be done at youth level but also on senior level and also in other sports, for example mixed intergender fights in boxing or MMA should be more acceptable in my opinion. I fully support females competing against male in any sport or level they wish. I think it should be encouraged.

However I noticed a lot of people object to them. I would like to see if this is the case here as well, and if you are against it, what are your exact reasons. I made a poll with multiple answers possible.

So, do you think girls should be allowed to enter male competitions (at a level where they could be competitive)? And if not, why not?

Also how would you react if your son was on the receiving end of losing against girls', especially if it's public and one-sided like in the videos above?

Last edited by Amazonia; 02-Nov-20 at 13:48.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 14:15
Points: 5,194, Level: 30 Points: 5,194, Level: 30 Points: 5,194, Level: 30
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Do you support the idea of females playing in male competitions?

I support the idea. But to be realistic it can only be done in youth or in unprofessional competitions.
Old 02-Nov-20, 14:50
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblader [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I support the idea. But to be realistic it can only be done in youth or in unprofessional competitions.
There are also cases of female athletes beating professional male athletes. For example in tennis female Swiss player Patty Schynder (who was ranked around #20) beat an Austrian pro male tennis player (ranked around #1000) who was a young prospect and a local regional champion. The next year they sent another Austrian male pro (ranked around #600) to play against her and avenge the loss on the same annual tournament. This second male pro won but struggled more than it was expected. After that they stopped having these exhibition matches, possibly because they didn't want to risk another male pro getting humiliated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 14:58
Points: 7,791, Level: 37 Points: 7,791, Level: 37 Points: 7,791, Level: 37
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Amanda leve
Laurah Hallock
Cora sek
Riley Breedlove
Sasha Reynolds
Trinity pun
Jasmine Johnson
Jessa Khan

And many more already did it
The Following User Says Thank You to Deinemutter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 15:00
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinemutter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Amanda leve
Laurah Hallock
Cora sek
Riley Breedlove
Sasha Reynolds
Trinity pun
Jasmine Johnson
Jessa Khan

And many more already did it
Yes, I mentioned that this is already going on.

On the other hand, BJJ/grappling is a bit different because most often, there aren't enough female competitors for them so they have to compete against boys.

In soccer, there are plenty of female teams but some female teams still choose to challenge the boys and play in their competitions. Some people think this is a bit too much.

But even in grappling there are cases of male wrestlers simply rejecting to compete against a female and they forfeit. So it's obviously controversial for a lot of males.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 15:16
Points: 5,194, Level: 30 Points: 5,194, Level: 30 Points: 5,194, Level: 30
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Do you guys remember Birgit Prinz? She is a German female footballer. One of the best of her era. Tall, solid build, very strong and a very good footballer. She once got an offer from the Seria A team Perigua. But she declined the offer. I think she felt the offer wasn't so serious. I don't what would have happened If she accepted the offer but it would be interesting for sure.
Old 02-Nov-20, 15:17
Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100
Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,666 Times in 2,347 Posts

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this idea - strong athletic women beating male team. I hope, it will come soon
Old 02-Nov-20, 15:19
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblader [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you guys remember Birgit Prinz? She is a German female footballer. One of the best of her era. Tall, solid build, very strong and a very good footballer. She once got an offer from the Seria A team Perigua. But she declined the offer. I think she felt the offer wasn't so serious. I don't what would have happened If she accepted the offer but it would be interesting for sure.
Yes of course I remember. The president of Perugia was very eccentric at the time, I think he even signed or wanted to sign Gaddafi's son. He wanted to sign several different elite female players (I think Hanna Ljungberg was also on his wish list), but they all turned him down. They probably felt it was some sort of gimmick.

Also Serie A would be a bit too high of a jump for them at the start. At the time, Serie A was at it's peak, especially defensively with defenders like Thuram, Maldini, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Nesta all in their prime. It would be the worst league at the worst time for a female player. Modern Serie A would be much better, they much more soft now on defending.

It would be interesting if a Serie C club signed an elite female player. I think with cooperation of strong physical male players, some elite technical female players could do well at a certain level.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 18:07
Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45 Points: 10,865, Level: 45
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,106 Times in 360 Posts

It happens on a regular basis in chess, although there are still female world championships and other females only tournaments. That way they can be a professional especially in Eastern Europe. Many sports are suitable for mixed competition, I think skiing too, or skijumping, darts, running, cycling, why not! Just at a professional level, I think they might have a better chance of earning a living in a females competition until they can actually compete with men. So let's start with a competition with female professionals versus male amateurs I'd go watch!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Nov-20, 18:13
Points: 5,012, Level: 30 Points: 5,012, Level: 30 Points: 5,012, Level: 30
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

In training or exhibition its fine but I'm against it in any legitimate athletic competition involving adults or older teens.

It de-legitimizes the competition imo and automatically calls into question its validity. If its golf or something non contact thats different.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joulnx10 For This Useful Post: